Notifications
Clear all

0.2.8 Beta re-released Problems

Chesterman
(@chesterman)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hi,

This is the first version I've played, it's very nice. I've noticed the following bugs:

1) I can save a game but I can't load a saved game.

2) None of the Tutorials work.

3) In the "Colonists" screen, it shows the current colonists hired but doesn't update the field "Total Number of Colonists" (see linked pic) 

Also, I'm unable to repair buildings. The repair building has 4 colonists assigned & is "Activated".  Some buildings are shut down. Do I manually have to repair buildings or is it automated?

Thanks.

SJones
(@sjones)
Master Chief Registered

Im glad you like it so far, so to answer your questions

1) this feature hasn't been tested too well, it auto saves anyway and you shouldn't have any issues continuing where you left off - This is something that is planed to be fixed for the next release, had to create a new font for this as the main font has no lowercase letters, so saving with capitals and lowercase makes it complicated for the end user when/if they want to overwrite existing files etc.

2) this is also known, main issue here is that I tried to get them working, then enough things changed to completely break them, so have left them for the time being until the code and playability will be kept the same so the tutorial will be relevent and wont have to keep fixing it. again this will hopefully be fixed soon

3) The stuff on the right of most of those colonists screens dont work yet, if the statistics have been generated elsewhere and can be re-used in the colonists menu then they should work here.

4) this is automatic, at least it should, make sure that 1. the repair facility itself is active 2. the repair range coveres the buildings that need repairing - this can be done by clicking the repair facility and using the slider above the bottom buttons, if you still have an issue with this feature, let me know and I will be able to advise further

ReplyQuote
SJones
(@sjones)
Master Chief Registered

For those that are interested in whats to come in future builds (gives a good indication as to what issues I know about too) you can take a look at this google doc  https://docs.google.com/document/d/11LHItYM7h4Eez1FwYkLlYbk4h2HMrVkoKoJN9WPnWO0/edit?usp=sharing

ReplyQuote
Chesterman
(@chesterman)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

4) this is automatic, at least it should, make sure that 1. the repair facility itself is active 2. the repair range coveres the buildings that need repairing - this can be done by clicking the repair facility and using the slider above the bottom buttons, if you still have an issue with this feature, let me know and I will be able to advise further

The repair facility is active & the range covers all of the buildings. I watched the hydroponics building hit 29% & neither of the repair ships ever did anything. 

ReplyQuote
SJones
(@sjones)
Master Chief Registered

its currently set to something like 20 /25% I cant remember the exact number, I will get back to you on that, however in the future you will be able to set the minimum health they start looking to repair.

ReplyQuote
SJones
(@sjones)
Master Chief Registered

It is set at 18% currently, I also noticed some debug code in the repair ship so if you direct them to repair something manually it will stop the game - testing it 18% is ideal, there is plenty of time for the ships to repair them and wont repair them more than necessary saving fuel, obviously this then depends on the number of buildings to the number of repair ships you have

ReplyQuote
Chesterman
(@chesterman)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

It is set at 18% currently, I also noticed some debug code in the repair ship so if you direct them to repair something manually it will stop the game - testing it 18% is ideal, there is plenty of time for the ships to repair them and wont repair them more than necessary saving fuel, obviously this then depends on the number of buildings to the number of repair ships you have

It's working now, thanks. The original problem was I didn't see the slider at the bottom of the repair shop dialogue box. I then thought repairs were supposed to kick in at 35% as that number is shown when doing a manual repair (just before it freezes). Anyway, I'm finally able to play for more than a few mins! 

ReplyQuote
SJones
(@sjones)
Master Chief Registered

manual repair is broken, i left some debug code in by accident that stops the game

ReplyQuote