Notifications
Clear all

Alpha Bug Reporting

Page 2 / 2

sphinxgate
(@sphinxgate)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

I had a nasty bug last night where all my repair ships were grounded with no fuel. I was able issue single building repairs directly but buildings started to fail faster than I could repair. A few restarts of the game failed to fix the issue so I built a new repair yard and it worked perfectly, so I gradually demolished and rebuilt to a full working compliment of ships ... Phew!

The only thing I'd done different was ship upgrades, I had started to test the speed of repair between one level and another.

Does refueling a ship require resource, I thought at first that this may have been an issue.

I'll write up a ticket later as I tried lots of things to get them working (including the refuel option which locked the mouse control out actually) but in the end the rebuild option sorted it out. Shall I upgrade slowly to see if its a certain ship tech level causing the problem. They were all definitely out of fuel.

ReplyQuote
sphinxgate
(@sphinxgate)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

I was thinking actually, should a building degrade if its de-activated. I noticed some of the resource hungry buildings that I had deactivated manually getting repaired automatically when I got my colony back fully operational.

ReplyQuote
SJones
(@sjones)
Master Chief Registered

Your last question is something I have been considering myself, while its not in use so it won't get damaged that way, it is still out on the harsh lunar surface where asteroids, a build up of radiation and lunar-quakes occur. so my thought at the moment is to let them degrade at 1/2 or 1/4 speed.

That bug you mentioned with the repair ships sounds nasty, if this happens again can you please send me the save file before you delete/try to fix that issue. (once you copied the save you can continue as normal and try fixing etc)

ReplyQuote
SJones
(@sjones)
Master Chief Registered

There has been mention of having negative available population, just curios to what the most anyone has gone into negative numbers by? it should be -1 as the lowest, has anyone had lower than this?

ReplyQuote
Apollo11
(@apollo11)
Petty Officer Registered

Nope haven't seen anything lower than -1

ReplyQuote
SJones
(@sjones)
Master Chief Registered

If so, this is a good sign and an easy fix 🙂

ReplyQuote
sphinxgate
(@sphinxgate)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

I have seen lower than -1 but to be honest I think the game had entered a weird free-running state.   By that I mean that none of the resources were changing, building purchases were not deducting any resource.

Essentially a restart resolved it and resources then did reflect what I'd been spending (so I suspect it was just a dashboard update issue).

Other than that, usually I get stuck for building when it shows -1 and cannot build structures with '0' cost.

I'll do some more testing on this and if I get a value lower I'll post a screengrab - or you can have a copy of the save game if that's any use ?

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2