Notifications
Clear all

I use crypto.com app personally on a daily basis and its great and takes the stress out of learning crypto and the crypto debit cards are great, ask me anything on this. I will probably make a thread discussing crypto soon. REFERRAL CODE = p5mu64hcq4

Building Structure Suggestions

sphinxgate
(@sphinxgate)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

I was wondering what science buildings are currently prototyped.

I'd like see some benefit of the 'no atmosphere' conditions of the moon and see some astronomical type structures being possible to build;

* Satellite control centres - these could be mapping out viable areas to expand into, rich in minerals, water etc

* Telescopes - Important science data could then be traded/sold to Earth for extra currency.

* NMOD (near moon object detection) for the micro-meteors to provide data on a potential impact area.

SJones
(@sjones)
Master Chief Registered

Currently we have some proper science buildings that exist today, some adaptations of technology that are placed on satellites and some more original concepts due to the special conditions of the moon.

To cover the 3 you mentioned, so far the telescopes are already in there, there is a standard optical telescope and also an infra-red telescope

As for the satellite control centers this is sort of implemented, but are less to do with the development of the moon and more of a story feature for earth. though the idea sounds good, I have been considering a way to prospect for ore and water and this could be the best way.

The NMOD idea is cool but not implemented yet, there is an emergency response center to help in the aid of repair (originally just a bonus to the colonists happiness but makes sense to improve other stuff now damage is implemented) the current micro-meteor feature is actually just a random placement system on any map so there isn't any areas that are more likely or less likely to get it, however this could work as a warning system, shutting down the building and evacuating the colonists - this could then be tied into the features of the colonists survival rate etc from the other forum post you made.

ReplyQuote
sphinxgate
(@sphinxgate)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Yes I like that idea - early warning system and evacuating colonists with building shutdown mechanics, would add a sense of drama - and stops you in your tracks to re-prioritise your actions.

If you think about it you could have lots of scenerios that would require immediate action, power outages, fires, virus outbreaks, crime(!) etc

ReplyQuote