Notifications
Clear all

Colonisation Moonbase V0.1.1a is now out!

SJones
(@sjones)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

the second release of the alpha is now out with loads of bug fixes and a couple new features and improvements.

along with the new release is a major update to the colonisationgames website, it is now located at www.colonisationgames.com and you can login and download the latest version from the download page.

if you have any issues with the new site please email me at colonisationgames@gmail.com (or leave a comment here)

if you are an alpha backer you should have received an email with your account details in, please check your trash box of your email account as it may be sent there automatically.

Please also use this thread to leave feedback for the new release!

Apollo11
(@apollo11)
Petty Officer Registered

I like the new web site, it's very nice. The download section works great too. Just got the new alpha so I'll try it out and let you know what happens.

ReplyQuote
SJones
(@sjones)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

well it looks like 0.1.1a doesnt work, you wont be able to obtain any colonists...

Chances are I wont be able to bring out a new build today, will try for tomorow with a few more things added

ReplyQuote
Apollo11
(@apollo11)
Petty Officer Registered

ok I saw that too. I also noticed that when you clicked on Rocket that you actually got Colonists & Clicking on Colonists didn't do anything.

Well I'll wait patiently for the next build then : )

ReplyQuote
lyrae
(@lyrae)
Crewman Registered

Yes, I confirm, the colonists can not be purchased

and some problems with the installation of buildings, the building froze and all other functions as (purchase with cash or ore, cancel) and the esc key does not leave the construction menu , but the displacement of the map works ..

I myself noticed that the rotate buttons of buildings do not work, there are  bug or not yet implemented.

as usual, sorry for the translation, sometimes a machine can tell anything

ReplyQuote
SJones
(@sjones)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

the purchase of the buildings could possibly be related to the colonists issue, not sure on that to be honest right now.

The building rotation doesnt work just yet, still need to work on the keyboard configuration for this

the rocket label replaces the position of the colonists - I had yet to update that so will do before the next release, the rocket menu wont be available straight away its just a placeholder at the moment.

I had a few more bigger issues than I though, fixed most but one is a slight concern and trying to reproduce it at the moment, if I cant then the update should be out by the end of today.

ReplyQuote
lyrae
(@lyrae)
Crewman Registered

the purchase of the buildings could possibly be related to the colonists issue

No no,

it concerns the basic building module, it is not positioned under the mouse, I click on the map, but not take place .....

OK I just found the cause directly.
The problem occurred during my attempts to rotate the buildings, the cause is pressing the button of the mouse wheel, freeze the menu and displacement of the building.

Test to see if it just my PC configuration.

ReplyQuote
SJones
(@sjones)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Good and bad news.

So with the recent discovery of the couple of simple problems that could be fixed in a day exploded into a massive issue where the game keeps crashing.

The crash is to do with unity's memory management system meaning its a problem with unity that has to be worked around to solve.

The good news.

After aprox 20 min playtime the game would crash, this happened 6/7 time I tried, however I have tried it several times as a compiled version of the game and have not had the issue yet, so what does that mean, it looks like the final product is stable meaning you guys get to play the game very soon but will need extensive testing to confirm that this is the case

the bad news

while I am editing and constructing the game it has a high chance of crashing at the moment, meaning its possibly going to be harder for me to debug issues - I would idealy like to solve the issue but I am unsure if I will be able to, ultimately this means that future releases may take longer to release depending upon whats in them. - it may mean that I will be relying upon people testing the game more than I originally thought.

I have one last minor bug to fix for the next build, once located and fixed v0.1.2a will be out

ReplyQuote
SJones
(@sjones)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

I found your bug lyrae, it was a half implementation of the rotation of the buildings I thought I had disabled it, will be fixed in build 0.1.3a

ReplyQuote