Notifications
Clear all

Campaign Episode 1 released

LeoCeballos
(@leoceballos)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

FINALLY! The first episode of the campaign is live on Google Play. These five missions see you commanding a frigate at the start of the UCTE-Ikha'ari war.  

The campaign will be released in five episodes for a total of 21 missions; each episode will center around a different plyable ship, including a special unlockable ship for the last episode. 

Because all of the campaign systems are now done (messages, office unlockables, saving progression, etc) which frankly took far longer than I'd have liked, I'm hoping that mission releases will be much more frequent. Please note that the special $0.99 price for Early Access is ending soon; when the campaign is around its midpoint (probably the release of episode 3) the price will go up to $1.99, so if you're wondering weather to try it, you should do it soon and save a buck. 

More soon!

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Just so everyone knows you can get the app here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Leo.DarkDawn&hl=en

Is there any special requirements for android devices for best playability?

ReplyQuote
LeoCeballos
(@leoceballos)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Hey DarkOne, thanks a ton for posting the link! I'm so tired from the big push to finish this release while handling work stuff that I just kinda plopped it up there with none of the usual accompanying fanfare. For the next episode I'll try to do a proper post with images, more of an explanation, etc. I might make a post outlining the upcoming release plans soon. 

As for requirements, I'm afraid they've crept up a bit as the game has become more complex. Right now its very smooth on a Galaxy S5, and quite playable on something as old as an S3 or the old original Nexus 7, so anyone with a roughly up to date Android should run it well enough. If you're in doubt and want to do a test really quickly, you can grab the game, go to Encounters from the main menu (second option) and fire up the "Stress Test" scenario. That is a large fleet battle that starts at a distance; pretty much the worst-case scenario since the game is drawing all of it at once. If that does alright, you can probably rest assured your phone is up to it. If not, I encourage you to go ahead and use the Google Play return system to get your money back. Please remember this has to be done quickly; otherwise refunds are on a case by case basis and frankly much harder to do.  

ReplyQuote