Notifications
Clear all

Elite: Dangerous

Page 16 / 23

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Think we need to see a video of the movement ladders in action although it sounds like it might be some thing similar to Independence War.

Hope this particle field/space dust does not end up like the ones in the X games.

ReplyQuote
DiabloTigerSix
(@diablotigersix)
Master Chief Registered

Just for illustration:

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

Good grief, I hope not - damn railway lines all over the bloody place!

I had the impression that the proposed 'ladders' related to the player-ship's speed in various axes.

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

could be some thing added on the Reticle as in the 10,8,6 ladder looking bit at the bottom.

ret_zps410489eb.jpg

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

There is a brief glimpse (at 0:29) of what I think are the 'ladders' in the capital ship battle vid.

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

These red ladder looking things, can't really see the practical use in having that, although it will probably become clear when they say more about it.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

News letter 14 out and the big news this month is the alpha on it way.

The first alpha release is on its way!  In the initial phase we’re focusing on single player combat, using a number of different scenarios.  This will let us work with the Alpha testers to hone the flight controls in a relatively controlled way, before letting them all loose against each other in player vs player mayhem!

We know that everyone is eager to learn the required system specs. We’re in the process of testing and putting in as many optimisations as we can so that we can finalise the specs needed for the Alpha test for those backers who are taking part.

The minimum specs for the alpha builds has been discussed on our forums.  These specs are, naturally, higher than we anticipate for the release of the game as the Alpha builds are work in progress. To find out more and join in the discussion visit:

http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8598

As David explained in the last Dev Diary video, new alpha test builds will be released periodically adding new features and content until the alpha process is complete and we’re ready to move into Beta. Our goal is to make this right and we will take what time is needed in each phase to get it right.

There are still spaces in the Alpha test, so if you’d like to take part then you can upgrade your pledge through the backers app (before 6th December!), or if you aren’t a backer yet through our website:

http://elite.frontier.co.uk

And the store is changing

The online Backers App that has served us well this year will be retired on 6th December.  A new store will take its place on 9th December, as we transition to preparation for the eventual ‘retail’ release of the game.

All your details from the Backers App will be transferred automatically to the new store, and you will need to use the new store instead of the Backers App.

To start with, only the following will be available in the store:

Alpha demo access

1st Round Beta access – pre-order

2nd Round Beta access – pre-order

Elite: Dangerous game (digital copy) – pre-order

Each Alpha/Beta access will also allow access to later tests and the full game when released.

PLEASE NOTE These products will NOT be the same as the Backer reward tiers, which include other features such as starting credits, decals etc.

The online Backers App will be ‘frozen’ after  Friday December 6th, so if you are planning to upgrade your rewards please do so before then!

So if thinking about backing it better do it before they change the tiers.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Elite Dangerous has now raised more than £2 million in backers funding alone! Well done all you backers!

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Great news Geraldine. Seems that keeping the faith for Elite since '97 finally payed off 😀

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)
Warrant Officer Registered

Elite Dangerous has now raised more than £2 million in backers funding alone! Well done all you backers!

i have no a  quiet financial situation to be a backer on anything , but one thing is sure when the game is in sold i've bought it, Even if I have to eat pates during a month

( afterall its the main reach for the elite team)

ReplyQuote
Stormprooter
(@stormprooter)
Master Chief Registered

I put in £200 (to get alpha access ), I must be nuts, I would never ever even think about considering anywhere near that sort of money for any other game. I only hope it's good. But like you, I have been waiting for this game for a very long time.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Second most expensive game I have bought sat on the £90 pledge although I may move up.

ReplyQuote
TheDarkKnight
(@thedarkknight)
Crewman Registered

If you are still on the fence about this and still want to get one of the special packages you only have until the 6th December 2013.

As stated on the Frontier Backer Website:

Early Backer Registration will close on Friday 6th December 2013!

Go to :  http://elite.frontier.co.uk/  to back.

After the 6th only buying the game and certain perks available.

ReplyQuote
Stormprooter
(@stormprooter)
Master Chief Registered

Absolutely bouncing with excitement & anticipation for some news of the Alpha release date....

Come on Mr Braben, put my mind at ease, please ...

ReplyQuote
MV2000
(@mv2000)

It's here!

Phase one of the Elite: Dangerous alpha is now live! Alpha backers can now download and play Phase One - Single Player Combat.

Once installed you will be able to take to the cockpit of your Sidewinder , with varying weapon loadouts and progress through 8 single player scenarios – initially designed to familiarize players with the controls, gradually increasing in difficulty and complexity.

In your first taster of Elite: Dangerous you will be testing aspects of ship control and combat.

If you are an existing backer then you will have been sent details explaining how you can access and download this first phase of the Alpha process using your previous login details from the Backer's Web App- if you are a gift recipient then using the 'forgotten password' option will send you instructions to get access to your new account.

Thank you again to everyone who has supported us to this point. We hope all of you involved with the alpha stage onwards enjoy the ride, and that together we can make Elite Dangerous the game we have all been waiting for!

Carry on Commanders!

ReplyQuote
Stormprooter
(@stormprooter)
Master Chief Registered

Oh yes indeed!

Will be up very late playing this tonight! 😀

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Nice 😎

Just noticed that their shop is back up http://elite.frontier.co.uk/ so if you want to pay £200 to join the Alpha you can.

ReplyQuote
Stormprooter
(@stormprooter)
Master Chief Registered

Well, after playing this for a couple of days, I now understand why David Braben is always smiling in his dev progress videos.

ReplyQuote
RatPatrol
(@ratpatrol)
Crewman Registered

True Pinback, but this is why Chris Roberts knocked a homerun with Star Citizen. He came prepared to get his game funded and was probably one of the most updated and content driven funding programs I have seen.

Star Citizen has raise a ridiculous amount of money, compared to an other 'crowd' funded video game - more that 34 Million Dollars

when I get my tax return in Feb. I am going to by in @ the $ 275 level ... I want an RSI Constellation to fly 

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

RPS has a bit about using a  with ED 😎 http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/12/20/elite-dangerous-oculus-rift/ Think the game will be out way before Oculus but it looks like the Oculus is becoming the way to play these games.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

... but it looks like the Oculus is becoming the way to play these games.

As long as it doesn't become the only way to play these games - that would turn me off.

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
MV2000
(@mv2000)

News about next Alpha phase:

http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10746

Michael Brookes

Executive Producer Default Alpha Phase 2.0 Here's a quick update for the next Alpha phase, we plan to release this at the end of this month and it will focus on multiplayer combat. We'll also be releasing a video and newsletter next week with more details.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Just got an email from Frontier asking if I want to upgrade to the Alpha for a price,now I just had a look at the shop and it going to cost me £50 quid to do it, which is tempting but I would like to know how big the download is, anyone know that.

I have to admit that I have no interest in the multiplayer game but would not mind having a go at the single player levels.

Also does anyone know if  E:D still on a March release or has it slipped.

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

Just got an email from Frontier asking if I want to upgrade to the Alpha for a price,now I just had a look at the shop and it going to cost me £50 quid to do it, which is tempting but I would like to know how big the download is, anyone know that.

Check that price carefully, amigo - it ain't straightforward. How much have you pledged so far?

The March release has slipped - Alpha is still ongoing, then two Beta levels, then Gamma (for all KS backers).

An autumn general release, is my guesstimate - but nothing is fixed.

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Check that price carefully, amigo - it ain't straightforward. How much have you pledged so far?

You right I was looking at the wrong bit, it's £150 not so tempting for a download it;s why I never went higher than the £90 tier on the Kickstarter as I would have too many problems download it. Might have taken a chance for £50 but no way at £150.

Also looks like they are also phasing out the single player Alpha this week.

ReplyQuote
Page 16 / 23