Notifications
Clear all

Elite: Dangerous

Page 21 / 23

SuperG
(@superg)
Senior Chief Registered

I bet its a small team which need to make a game within funding cost and handle a flood of feedback and very unnatural commutative to the very demanding community.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Finally got a reply back last Thursday although it was not much help as it said "try turning the virus checker off", anyhow tried it again over the weekend with no joy. So it looks like I will have to wait for them to finishes the game and send out the boxed version or for them to send out a Steam key if they ever get their act together and put it on Steam.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

I bet its a small team which need to make a game within funding cost and handle a flood of feedback and very unnatural commutative to the very demanding community.

Are you talking about Frontier?

ReplyQuote
Stormprooter
(@stormprooter)
Master Chief Registered

@Pinback

What is the problem you are getting when trying to download the game?

Also, what version of windows are you running?

I'd like to try to help you get it running 😀

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

@Pinback

What is the problem you are getting when trying to download the game?

Also, what version of windows are you running?

I'd like to try to help you get it running 😀

Sorry Stormpooter missed your post but the problem seems to be at my end as I come across it on one other site and it may be Ad Blocker that Firefox is using which is the culprit. Going to give it another try this weekend but if it does not work I will just wait for them to send out the boxed edition.

( Edit...me being stupid again as E:D uses it's downloader not Firefox's one, so it looks like I will have to wait on this one.)

Which bring me to the latest news letter and an announcement from Frontier on the pricing of the game.

We are announcing today that the price of the final release of Elite: Dangerous will be £39.99 ($59.99 and €49.99).

We are also announcing a special pre-order digital pack, the Elite: Dangerous Mercenary Edition, which is a bonus pre-order game collection loaded with digital extras.

The pack is available on our store today for new customers at a discounted price off the final release of £35.00 ($50 and €40) plus the addition of the Mercenary Pack extras. Anyone who has already pre-ordered the final release version of Elite: Dangerous (including of course Alpha, Premium Beta and Beta participants) will also receive the bonus pre-order collection when the game is released.

We are hugely appreciative of all of you who have shown us support, either backing the game through the Alpha and Beta phases or pre-ordering the game prior to the release. Without you the game would not be at the stage it is today. This collection is our way of rewarding your support before we put out our final release.

As well as a digital download copy of the game, the pack will contain:

-    An additional Eagle fighter ship docked in a secondary location

-    Exclusive pack of ship paint jobs

-    A day one ship decal

-    A digital players guide

-    A digital concept art book

-    Plus additional in-game benefits and other digital goodies to be announced over the coming weeks

Looks like they managed to get the pricing in Dollar and Euros this time.

And as no doubt some of you will know, it's Elites 30th this month.

Elite 30th Anniversary

We are planning 10 days of surprises, announcements and competitions - we will have some new commemorative merchandise on the store and during that week we are also at Eurogamer which will make it even more special!

Watch out for regular Galnet bulletins, and if you don’t already, please follow us on whatever social media you prefer.

55cc5c93-b4a7-458d-a568-c19c968f1e8e.jpg

We have had some fantastic pictures, comments, stories and videos from you but please keep them coming in, below is a reminder of where to send them.

If you want to join in you can send any pictures, videos or images to us at; elite30years@frontier.co.uk or you can tweet #EliteDangerous #Elite30Years

Or email us with a link to where we can download your file. Please make sure you provide a name and contact details with anything you share.

Please note, by submitting content and information you are automatically giving Frontier the right to use the content publically, so if you do not want your video used – don’t send it to us!

ReplyQuote
Pyros
(@pyros)
Master Chief Registered

Speaking of ED, the latest Imperial Courier cockpit concept looks sweet:

peek_of_the_week_50.jpgt

ReplyQuote
auryx
(@auryx)
Warrant Officer Registered

OMG wow. That's awesome 😀

I always loved the Imperial ships. Brilliant that they're getting some attention!

auryx

You look good through a crosshair.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Some rumination on the original Elite which you can also download foe free from their shop although the game has been available for the last 20 years for free.

New beta out on the 30th.

We still have our collective foot firmly pressing the pedal to the metal on the development of Elite: Dangerous, both on ‘under the hood’ work and forward facing features to get the game ready for release before the end of 2014.

We’re delighted to announce that Beta 2, our second beta phase, will be released on Tuesday 30th September, as the culmination of our 10 days of celebration of the 30th Anniversary of the release of Elite on the BBC Micro - see what we did there…?!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

A sneak peek at the new beta.

ReplyQuote
Pyros
(@pyros)
Master Chief Registered

Beta 2 is out, rapidly followed by three patches    - wait, 4 

A great deal of content was brought into the game (including rankings, exploration, ...).

Also, today newsletter announced Beta 3 for October 28th!

Mining anyone? 😀

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Have they said anything about disk version of the game?.

ReplyQuote
Pyros
(@pyros)
Master Chief Registered

Have they said anything about disk version of the game?.

Not really, but there will be a physical version of the game - if nothing else, the collectors edition.

Although I have to admit that optical disks are a bit old for our current networked days :p

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

It the Kickstarter collector edition I was thinking about, just wondering if they have said anything about the box art will they go for a variation on the classic BBC version or classic Firebird or something new altogether.

twoelites_zps8a5dd43d.jpg

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

So it begins and hopefully we will see the Kickstarter DVD special edition before Christmas.

The Elite: Dangerous Premiere Event 22.11.14

On November 22nd 2014 the Elite: Dangerous team will be hosting a very special event.

The Imperial War Museum in Duxford, Cambridgeshire, UK is the venue for the Premiere of Elite: Dangerous! This celebration of the game and our amazing community will be broadcast around the world via a livestream on Twitch.tv.

There will be new content, discussions and talks with the development team, game streaming - and some important announcements.

You will be able to join us in a number of ways;

• Those of you whose Kickstarter and other early backer pledges included an invitation to our UK party will soon receive your invitation to join David and the development team in Duxford.
  • We are also able to offer a limited number of tickets to this special event on a first come first served basis – these are priced at £50 and will go on sale on the Elite: Dangerous online store at 9:00am UK time on Friday 24th October.
  • The event will be livestreamed on Twitch.tv, so wherever you are around the world you can watch and be involved.
  • The live broadcast will be recorded and made available online so you will be able to catch it whenever you choose after the event.

Whichever way, please save the date! 22.11.14.

ReplyQuote
Pyros
(@pyros)
Master Chief Registered

Beta 3.0 is out.

And the initial feedback is very good - tons of new stuff including mining and player interdictions. 

By the way, some of the screenshots are fantastic (visit Elite Galaxy)

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Actually Beta 3.01 is out now. More bug fixing.

Scratch that, Beta 3.02 is now incoming! A busy day in the Frontier Offices!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Couple of new videos

First one is a trailer for the new beta which I believe is ending on the 22nd and I read they will be announcing the release date soon.

I hoping for a bit more to the mining but it looks like the normal, "shoot asteroid pick up goodies" no mining machines you can plant on the asteroids?.

Second video is about the making of the game.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Game will be out on the 16/12/2014.

We are delighted to announce Tuesday 16th December as the release date for Elite: Dangerous!

Mac user have to wait until next year.

Any one know when the boxed Kickstarter edition will be sent out?.

ReplyQuote
Vuzz
 Vuzz
(@vuzz)
Warrant Officer Registered

With a french version ? they've stopped to talk about the multi-language options since a time ago ...

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

Any one know when the boxed Kickstarter edition will be sent out?.

I think the plan was for delivery to coincide with release, so given Xmas post and such - next year? <sniggers>

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

With a french version ? they've stopped to talk about the multi-language options since a time ago ...

Probably in the works as I read some where they going to support a number of languages.

I think the plan was for delivery to coincide with release, so given Xmas post and such - next year? <sniggers>

And no doubt flattened by the post office, :O

And the future of Elite Dangerous is.

Walking on planets, stations and ships..........well no one would have guessed that.

Have they mentioned yet how they are going to distribute the game ie Steam, Gamergate or GOG ect or are they just doing it them selves at the moment.?

ReplyQuote
Cody
 Cody
(@cody)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

I believe that German is the pilot localisation - others to follow.

As for sales, only via the FD shop at present - and I reckon they might keep it that way.

Oolite Naval Attaché

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

As for sales, only via the FD shop at present - and I reckon they might keep it that way.

If they ever want to do any of these add on then they will have to look at going with the digital publishers.

ReplyQuote
Pyros
(@pyros)
Master Chief Registered

If they ever want to do any of these add on then they will have to look at going with the digital publishers.

I believe that German is the pilot localisation - others to follow.

As I see it it is a marketing decision. Personally I think FD would have a great deal to gain by having the game on sale on Steam (in particular) and other digital retailers. But they might want to avoid the initial launch on those platforms, if nothing else to avoid price inconsistency (I'm not sure about the ability of the publisher to set the final selling price on those platforms, namely Steam). But they do give a very wide exposure to the game.

So, if I was FD, I'd keep it solely in their online store for the first 3 months or so, reaping higher margins and better control, while preparing the adaptation for Steam software layer (something I guess it should be easy to do, as the game would still require FD servers authentication and so forth).

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

I would prefer to have it on Steam at some point myself as I found that I am unable to use their Download service and that their technical help has been to say the least,bloody useless.

ReplyQuote
Page 21 / 23