Notifications
Clear all

Elite:Dangerous Black Friday

fevriul
(@fevriul)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

For those who many not have got it , its on sale for £9.99 on Steam at the moment until December the 1St , I bought a copy and gifted it to a mate 

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Yeah i saw that Elite Dangerous was on sale for $14 on steam this past week and still passed on it. I just can't look past all of the steam and other youtube reviews that just mention the word boredom in a review. I thought I would wait until FD comes out with some expansion or DLC to see where they are going with the game more before I leap into it.

For those that have the game is it boring? Are you still playing it?

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

It does get tedious, but when that happens .... I just go play something else.

Also I had pay for the Premium Beta which give me lifetime expansions. So I'm currently enjoying the beta version of Horizon.

ReplyQuote
fevriul
(@fevriul)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Yeah i saw that Elite Dangerous was on sale for $14 on steam this past week and still passed on it. I just can't look past all of the steam and other youtube reviews that just mention the word boredom in a review. I thought I would wait until FD comes out with some expansion or DLC to see where they are going with the game more before I leap into it.

I play it , its nice to explore, but like every game it will need expansions of massive multiplayer to keep you interested. I think if they add a more social aspect , or a proper persistent universe like EVE, but that would cost big bucks, and would require a subscription model to it going. But for the price it was worth a punt, so cheap.

But yeah to make it a classic keep the current stuff and add EVE's persistent universe.

ReplyQuote
SICKofRegistering
(@sickofregistering)
Petty Officer Registered

The same kind of repetition (eg millions of star systems, but all built out of the same planets) effect happened just as much with Elite Frontier and First Encounters in the 90s, but I still played them both for 1000s of hours each - when I got bored I wandered off to other games but always kept coming back for a little more EF or FFE. Elite Dangerous does suffer low content, but what it lacks in quantity is made up for with quality. Still even so, E:D feels a bit empty and souless. E:D Horizons has done nothing to really improve it - especially for £40 (or the insult of a 25% off for existing E:D owners).

My main gripe with E:D though is the developers, "Frontier". They are just quite simply IMO criminals. Absolute crooks and robbers. They are worse than even Zynga or Kixeye games. And that's damnation indeedy-do!

David Braben, my ex-hero whom has now fallen even further than Satan himself did from heaven, you and your crooked goons at "Frontier", will never even smell another penny of mine again! I bought every Elite game you ever made since Elite on the C64 up to the first early release version of E:D..... and what do you do to me..... shaft me and my wallet up the @55!

ReplyQuote
SICKofRegistering
(@sickofregistering)
Petty Officer Registered

That was only in readiness for the right royal shafting you would get when they released "Horizons" just a fortnight later. All this cynical offer was designed to do was "hook in mouth" as many more mugginses and get as many final sales for this soon to be "totally moot" version of Elite:Dangerous as possible! Frontier and David "Satan" Braben full well knew this "Horizons" release had the potential to backfire against them - hence this final attempt at a cash-grab! Looking at the raging currently on the Steam forums, their evil marketing strategy may well indeed be their downfall. And Elite : Dangerous will find itself strangled at birth!

Then again David Braben just might find Jesus once again, dismantle "Frontier" and be born again..... who knows?!

ReplyQuote