(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Congratulations on making your target. 😀

ReplyQuote
fooka
(@fooka)
Crewman Registered

speaking of reticles..

I just came across this game, and am enthralled with the promise of it!

I just wanted to express my approval and support and say

a) more than anything, I hope there's a Linux version

b) I hope the physics are newtonian (othrewise, is it a space *sim*?)

c) since you're redoing reticles, please consider implementing two separate reticles for heading and bearing. This makes navigation and combat a lot easier to understand in newtonian space. (See Terminus and the Elite II/III series)

anyway, good luck, cheers, and i can't wait to play it!

-m

ReplyQuote
Onionman77
(@onionman77)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Hey, well I can assure you that it will be coming out for Linux. My main teammate is a diehard linux fan and he wouldn't be okay with me not continuing it's support.

Honestly we're not that much of a sim, I'm more interested in arcade-like gameplay myself, sorry :/

ReplyQuote
fooka
(@fooka)
Crewman Registered

that's cool, this still looks like a lot of fun, and i still hope you still might consider the dual reticle thing.. but I'm excited about this and can't wait to try it.

I'll be able to host my own server right?

maybe i should do some reading instead of asking questions that are probably in a faq somewhere..

anyway, yay!

-m

ReplyQuote
Onionman77
(@onionman77)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Na, these forums are here so people can ask questions like that.

I'll definitely consider the dual reticule thing. I've got some ideas of my own, but either way we definitely need something that gives more information and is more helpful.

And yes, you will be able to host your own servers. Depending on how things go on our end, we might try to have a permanent server up hosted by us, but I'll also be sending out the server program.

-Onion

ReplyQuote
Onionman77
(@onionman77)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

We've got a new article up on Indie Game Mag, in case anyone is curious!

http://www.indiegamemag.com/ensign-1-th ... of-battle/

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Little on the short side, but the more Ensign 1 is mentioned the better the exposure gets 🙂

ReplyQuote
Mikel420
(@mikel420)
Crewman Registered

You guys looking for testers at all? This game looks like it would be really fun, I would love to play it and give you some feedback. I don't have any experience testing but I have played tons and tons of games and the flight/space sim genre has always been one of my favorites.

I love some of the game play ideas you have with boarding ships and multipul players on a simgle ship, I have only watched 2 videos and read an article but the game sounds really fun. I'm not looking for any money just a playable copy of the game, a server to play on and an email to send my feedback.

An idea i had while watching one of the videos was giving players a tether of some kind for 1st person mode. Providing a way to go outside a ship while in space and a way to get in a ship from space. Weapons to shoot others outside their ship, other ships or like counter measures. Then you got a space battle with ships blasting ships and players floating around killing each other in space suits trying to board ships and take them over like some kinda crazy grand theft space ship. Then you just need servers that can handle insane numbers of players dukin it out at once.

ReplyQuote
Onionman77
(@onionman77)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Hi Mike, the idea for players to leave their ships and fly around in space with jetpacks or the like is an awesome idea, and one that I've been playing around in my head with for awhile. The engine wouldn't currently support that, and I'm not sure how hard it would be to get in yet, but it is something we have considered.

We don't currently need any more testers, but we will be releasing the alpha very soon! So you can play till your heart's content then!

ReplyQuote
Onionman77
(@onionman77)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks for pointing that out Chickenkeeper. Right now the game engine just draws a model as it was exported into obj. So if a model is exported with hard normals, it will be drawn that way, else it will be soft. I'll look into making sure our newer models are exported correctly with hard faces.

ReplyQuote
starlord
(@starlord)
Master Chief Registered

I greatly appreciate the idea of enseign 1 having a singleplayer story campaign (for that, I'll surely buy it!). However, I wonder how you plan to release it! Would you consider a steamless, DRM free version also? that would be great!

ReplyQuote
Onionman77
(@onionman77)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Oh look, it's on Desura right now as a Steam-less DRM free version!

http://www.desura.com/games/ensign-1

ReplyQuote
starlord
(@starlord)
Master Chief Registered

doesn't desura need some sort of client? I'd appreciate running that game without the use of such programs (however, perhaps this may prove impossible)...

ReplyQuote
Onionman77
(@onionman77)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Ah, sorry. We aren't planning on releasing it as a standalone program until the game is finished.

I believe once that's happened, we may add it as a standalone download for users who purchased through Desura.

ReplyQuote
starlord
(@starlord)
Master Chief Registered

Ok. In that I'll wait and purchase the full standalone product. (i hope I'll be able to do it then without going through desura.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2