Notifications
Clear all

I use crypto.com app personally on a daily basis and its great and takes the stress out of learning crypto and the crypto debit cards are great, ask me anything on this. I will probably make a thread discussing crypto soon. REFERRAL CODE = p5mu64hcq4

Dominion Expansion Trailer

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Like this trailer 🙂

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator

Nice vid

Now I have never played Eve and from what I have read I always thought it combat

was point,click,wait.So is that vid showing what the game is like or is it false advertising ❓

ReplyQuote
r3dfiv3
(@r3dfiv3)
Petty Officer Registered

The video is basically a condensed version of the alliance sovereignty warfare that happens only in the depths of Null-sec space. I've been told by some veterans that the video, except for it's compressed time frame, is pretty close to reality. And yes, the Russians are bad 😀

The Dominion expansion is mostly about the changes to the sovereignty mechanics, as well as some major tweaks to the Minmatar's projectile weapons (/me does the happy dance!), new in-game web browser worthy of this name, new mailing system, new fleet interface, and massive planetary/lunar graphics upgrade; it's worth getting into EVE just for this last one 🙂

If you want to read up on all the new stuff, here's the Dominion page.

If you don't want to read up, feel free to bombard me with questions!

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I like this one too shows off the great planet models of EVE.

ReplyQuote
Shant
(@shant)
Warrant Officer Registered

Never played an MMO, but if/when I do finally decide to try one Eve has always been #1 on my list.

What about what Pinback said though, about the combat system being point - click - wait ...is that true? And is there any real story that unfolds, or is it mainly just upgrade your ship -> battle -> repeat? I also heard that everything takes place at a snail's pace, sometimes you can spend hours just flying from one point to another. Is that your experience?

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I have never paid for the subscription for EVE but did play their 14day trial (its free go and try it). And a lot of features I liked like the skill system and ship upgrades etc. It had the space combat feel of Nexus with travel times of X3TC. I guess that is a very general observation. Now both games in my mind are good. I just want a faster paced game for a MMO for me.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Theres some some game play vid on youtube,its lot faster than I thought it was but still

looks like a lot of pointing and clicking.

I do like that space backgound awsome. 😎

ReplyQuote
Shant
(@shant)
Warrant Officer Registered

Ah bummer, so it's not live action type dog fighting. Well I think I can cross it off my list then. Too bad, it looks absolutely gorgeous. Maybe the best looking space game I've ever seen. Those space stations are awesome. So are the jump gates. And the battle itself was aesthetically pleasing. I need the sense of speed and reflex based action though.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Look at Black Prophecy 🙂 Beautiful artwork I think looks much more realistic than JGE.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

r3dfiv3 are they still thinking about doing the walking about the station expansion to the game. ❓

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

In terms of graphics, EVE Online is the best game ever, however in terms of actual gameplay ..... it's not. I played it for a long time so I CAN say a thing or two about it: the point and click gameplay sucks, this is a space game and cool looking one too, I want to fly the ship myself not just click menus and buttons till my mouse breaks. It's a cool game but in terms of actual action ..... it's like you're watching a movie, the fighting is out of your hands, everything relies on the skills that you have to train for months and years, nothing relies on your own skill to fly the ship and shoot ..... cause you CAN'T fly the ship. This is a major drawback to EVE. If they will ever fix that, i will join their game again in a blink of an eye, however until then I can just wait and see what other better MMOs come out and by the looks of it I may get lucky soon.

ReplyQuote
r3dfiv3
(@r3dfiv3)
Petty Officer Registered

PINBACK wrote:
r3dfiv3 are they still thinking about doing the walking about the station expansion to the game. ❓

Yes they are, but it's followed by a "soon(tm)". I'll believe it when I see it.

About the space combat, yes there's some clicking involved but the PvP experience is second to none as you have to work for real intel on your enemy. Explaining corp and alliance wars would take a bit of forever 🙂

@Darkone: if you've only played the 14 day trial, you haven't even begun to scratch the clear coat, much less the surface. EVE is that deep.

ReplyQuote