Notifications
Clear all

Eve GunJack

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Another VR title from CCP this time for the Samsung Gear Platform. http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/introducing-gunjack/

We are happy to announce the upcoming release of Gunjack, a VR arcade shooter for the Samsung Gear VR Platform.

Set in the EVE Universe we all know and love, the player takes on the role of a turret operator aboard a mining rig out in the nullsec region of Outer Ring. As part of the defense team, it's up to the player to protect the rig from pirates, opportunists and anyone else looking to take what rightfully belongs to the company.

Gunjack is a full-immersion first-person shooter that is built from the ground up in the Unreal 4 engine for the ultimate VR experience. Paired with the Samsung Gear VR, this allows stunning visuals, dazzling clarity and panoramic views of the action occuring in space around the player.

Don't know why but it reminds me space invader but in 3D and what is the Samsung gear platform.

Anonymous

Nice ... this reminds me of Gyruss, a old arcade game I use to play in the 80's.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Reminds me of Alien Dominion: The Acronian Encounter as well which was a decent game but these shooters have a short shelf life (least with me). Only upsetting thing is now devs need to make games to support different VR headsets and that I think is lame. Developers can certainly drive that market by supporting what they like and what will sell their games and those other headsets will fade away when no games are made for them specifically.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Reminds me of Alien Dominion: The Acronian Encounter as well which was a decent game but these shooters have a short shelf life (least with me).

That was the game I was trying to remember the other day.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Looks like it's coming to the PC now along with support for Oculus and Vive http://www.gunjack.com/

Pretty basic looking shooter even if it is in VR.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Hmm this trailer wasn't as good as the last one, only thing about this game that I like is the weapons seem fun to use. But they are not re-inventing anything here with this gameplay, which I am surprised since this is CCP.

ReplyQuote