Notifications
Clear all

Tyrannis Expansion

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

This is an interesting expansion because it starts to add some nice features and it is a hook in to Dust 514.

Read the whole article here: http://www.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&bid=733

Quote:

OMG did you say all of the planets!?

That‘s right, you will finally be able to survey for juicy deposits of minerals and other goodies, build infrastructure to harvest them, store them, process them and launch them into space. Build complex networks of facilities and fine tune them for optimal production. All in a very massive single shard sandboxy way as only EVE can provide. And it‘s not just the terran planets. It‘s ALL OF THEM. The gas giants, the lava planets, the ice worlds, the water worlds and even the elusive plasma planets. Each type with their unique properties. Maintaining facilities on gruesomely hostile planets will be tougher and more demanding, but the rewards may be so much more “onturning.”

Quote:

Is there combat on planets?

No, not in this expansion. This expansion is about exploration and industry. When something goes bad or breaks it is because of the owner‘s mismanagement, and when things are awesome and perfect, it is because of skill and hard labor on part of the player that runs the facilities.

In future expansions you will be able to project military force for attack and defense of planetary installations. That will be where DUST 514 will connect with EVE. But DUST 514 will not be coming out at the same time as Tyrannis, so that is at a later date.

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

[gametrailers] http://www.gametrailers.com/video/debut-teaser-eve-online/63408 [/gametrailers]

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Here is a nice video interview that describes what is in and what you can do in the upcoming Tyrannis expansion.

ReplyQuote
Kendric
(@kendric)
Petty Officer Registered

Holy bugger

Almost makes me want to return to EvE. I have like 3 accounts. Oh bugger, but the game is so complicated, its hard just to log in and play for 30 min and log out. It could take 30 min just to jump to the area where stuff is happening,lol.

Maybe I should just take a peak with a trail account.

Thanks for the videos folks 🙂

/Ken

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Remember that Tyrannis isn't out yet.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

And remember it's still EVE* 😛 Until they change the point-and-click / click / click / click style of gameplay I wont get back to this game.

ReplyQuote
Kendric
(@kendric)
Petty Officer Registered

SolCommand wrote:
And remember it's still EVE* 😛 Until they change the point-and-click / click / click / click style of gameplay I wont get back to this game.

hahahaha

Well, what killed me last time I played was handling 3 accounts at the same time on 2 computers, 1 mining, 1 Hauling stuff, 1 doing missions 🙂

Was a bit overkill, stressfull.

Im doing the 2 weeks trial right now to see if I should give it a go again.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Damn Kendric you were paying for 3 accounts at one time? That is dedication 🙂

One thing I liked about that interview was that CCP is going to let you do more with your website account and eventually manage game resources without having to be logged into your game client. Now that is some great stuff there. Not counting the setup for Dust 514.

ReplyQuote
r3dfiv3
(@r3dfiv3)
Petty Officer Registered

Damn, Torfi is a passionate 🙂

Yes, I'm back after not visiting the site in too long. I've checked out the planetary interaction (PI) feature as it is called on the test server; it's cool but it's really aimed towards industrial players, which I'm not. But for those who are, and for some buddies of mine who are living in wormhole space it will be awesome because PI will make them almost self-sufficient for POS fuel.

EVE Gate will be a nice feature too because being away from the client when you know a skill is about to end and you have to add something to the queue just blows. And I do hope my own alliance makes use of the calendar because disorganization is running rampant!

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Well the Tyrannis expansion is now live and maybe when I get some free time I will try out EVE's 14 day trial to see if I can play any of that new stuff. But I was amazed at CCP's dedication... just look at the patch notes 🙂

http://www.eveonline.com/updates/patchn ... hlogID=205

ReplyQuote