Notifications
Clear all

Fairspace Proposed Change for April

bobalot
(@bobalot)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Hi,

A set of new models will be released these will mostly be space stations and derelict ships that will be in the nebular clouds and sun coronas.  These areas of the game will no longer allow hyperjumping into or outof so only warp drive will be available. at a restricted speed. 

Special missions will be crafted to explore sectors of these areas for loot able derelict ships,  Loot will contain mostly weapons and tech units that will not be available to purchase at bases.

Other missions promising to reveal hidden space stations and jump holes will also be available in and around clouds and other Debret fields.

Mining these areas will be made harder with the restriction on hyperjumping and the obvious increase risk from pirate ships.

A general upgrade of rendering debret fields is to be introduced probably utilizing interpolating skyboxes and impostors.

Other items on the todo list are available here http://www.ssisgame.co.uk/fairspace/theplan

Regards

Bobalot

RagnarofFenris
(@ragnaroffenris)
Crewman Registered

Just want to say that Im impresed whit your game! Keep whit the great work!

P.S. I want to suggest abouth the mining:

For now mining its how to say, to simple, I suggest to make it more like in EVE or somthing even better!

I will be werry happy to see in game a more realistic docking, like in Elite: Frontier style!

ReplyQuote
bobalot
(@bobalot)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Mining is being made more difficult by the ban on hyper jumping into and out of th e minable zones, Players will have to fly at minimum warp to locate areas to mine. I'm also adding some AI specific events for miners to make it more dangerous, This is something a bigger game population would solve as some players would wish to loot or tax miners.

I will take on board your comments about docking, I didn't want to have a queue system particularly with the volume of players that are supported.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards

Bobalot.

ReplyQuote