Notifications
Clear all

Fairspace Proposed Change to Hyperjumping.

bobalot
(@bobalot)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Hi,

At present you can travel at sub warp speeds, Warp Speeds and then Hyperjump large distances.  There is no restriction on how many times you can Hyperjump which makes it difficult to hunt players,  To that end I want to introduce a Fuel that you can carry in your cargo bay,  This fuel is used during hyperjumping depending on Both Distance to travel and efficiency of your perticular HyperDrive.   I think moving arround in Fairspace is too easy.

I also intend for this fuel to be used to repair hull damage if you have the "Hull Repair" tech unit mounted on your ship.

so Im open to suggestions for:-

a) What to call the fuel, Please note dilithium crystals are allready taken by some other game!

b) What to call the tech unit for hull repair.

Feedback appreciated.

Regards

Bobalot.

Semtex4ya
(@semtex4ya)
Crewman Registered

A Fuel for hull repair? All for it. A fuel for hyper jumping? No not so much. I’m not totally against the Hyper jumping fuel, but I think there is a better way to stop people from hyper jumping out of battles.

I think you could make/recreate a weapon that would make hyper jumping and warping out of combat almost impossible. I’m talking about the Overpowered Pink Laser Of Doom (OPLOD) that the NPC Pirates use to have (it had a real name but I can't remember it). That laser would drain your power and your core making escape imposable for a few seconds as your core recharged. Just a few modifications to how that weapon works and you have the ability to keep a target from running.

Modifications to OPLOD:

The original laser had a 100% hit chance once fired. Which in my view is crazy for an NPC to have or anyone. So change it so instead of being a laser it is a limited range Aria of Effect (AOE). Kinda like an electromagnetic pulse (EMP) weapon. And instead of draining the target's power and core it will only drain the core. Making it so they can't run but still can fight. But to use this EMP like weapon it will drain your entire power bar. Making it so you can't fire lasers but can still fire missiles and torpedoes. Now normally your target's core would immediately start recharging after they were hit, but with this weapon it won't start recharging until after 60 seconds(or some amount of time) have passed. The same goes with your power except it takes 30 seconds (or some amount of time) to start recharging.

Now to prevent it from being reused over and over to infinity it will have to have a consumable fuel source so you will eventually will run out and won't be able to use it. Kinda like how missile and torpedo launchers work currently. The weapon will take up a tech slot so that it won't fire when the normal laser weapons fire.

Now for the range of this weapon is a radius of 10 to 50 being that your ship is the middle of the circle. You could even have a variant that only shoots the EMP ahead of you to avoid friendly fire. So in dogfights you pop off one of theses and no one is hyper jumping out, or warping too.

The last modification is to change it from pink to blue and green.

And for the hull repair fuel name maybe Iridion Crystals since you alredy have a hull improvement item by the name. Or maybe Intergo Crystals?

ReplyQuote
bobalot
(@bobalot)
Senior Chief Registered
Topic starter  

OPLOD, Lol.  Thats better than my name for it, CoreZapper.  It is available in missile and torpedo form but has not been activated.  I imagine these wepons to be used by pirates during taxation and clans during large battles, All of which would develop over time with a playing population.  At present the only use for it will be by the AI for targeting heavy laden cargo ships.

I was mainly introducing fuel to try and get you to burn through that 10 billion of credits your holding 🙂

I will take the rest of your comments onboard and mesh then into the development plan.

thanks.

ReplyQuote