Notifications
Clear all

Far Colony

Page 2 / 3

Gargantou
(@gargantou)
Petty Officer Registered

Thanks for your great updates farcodev, I was the one who emailed you a while back and we had a short conversation, very glad to see you posting on here, makes it easier to keep track of the dev progress!

Looking very good, I might add, and a late merry christmas to you 🙂

ReplyQuote
Gargantou
(@gargantou)
Petty Officer Registered

(Hope) You too (had a merry xmas) and a happy new year 🙂

Sorry for the late reply, haha!

ReplyQuote
Stardreamer
(@stardreamer)
Warrant Officer Registered

Update for the website address:

http://farcolony.sourceforge.net/

How's it coming, Farcodev?

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Hey Farcodev

How is v0.1.5 progressing?

Looking forward to see your work on these two items especially:

# [todo] owned colonies and space-units unified list (OCSUL)

# [todo] Texturing system for orbital objects

ReplyQuote
Songbird
(@songbird)
Senior Chief Registered

😯

Hey! I heard/read that!! 😉

I've been waiting for your game for yyyeeeaaaarrrsss now... really!

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Maybe you can hit up SolCommand for some models to help ya out Farcodev? I will try to get 0.1.5 installed this week to give some feedback, as always thatnks for those late nights 🙂

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

What models do you need more exactly ?

ReplyQuote
Songbird
(@songbird)
Senior Chief Registered

Allow me to be the first to say, YEAH!!!!

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

There is one design among those pics that caught my attention so we may be in business

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I have a newb question Farcodev.

In Far Colony are you focusing on just the creation of one Colony or are we trying to colonize more than one planet. From what I get out of your description there is a lot of depth in the creation and maintaining of your Colony. So doesn't sound like you would have much time for more than one Colony 🙂

But i guess that all depends on the passage of time in the game.

ReplyQuote
Mogymog
(@mogymog)
Petty Officer Registered

So.. is the only thing doable in the game so far, is just to get a nice orbital view of AC-A2 and surface map?

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  
farcodev wrote:
Mogymog wrote:
So.. is the only thing doable in the game so far, is just to get a nice orbital view of AC-A2 and surface map?

Yes, it's the only purpose of this vaporware dead-end project, at least it makes a nice screenshot.

vaporware... naaa. Your just the average indie developer that has to have a real job and work on his passion in the huge free time your job allows. You have to look at it that your in the feedback and idea stage 🙂 But I did like the surface map feature and I take it there will be some sort of scan process that will pick out some possibly colony sites that you can choose from on the basis of the scan?

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

So just so I have this right farcodev, the planet scan is only for finding resources on the planet? So can only one colony can occupy a planet?

ReplyQuote
Mogymog
(@mogymog)
Petty Officer Registered

Excuse me? I did NOT make a 'critic' as you put it of anything. I asked a simple question. One that I found no answer to anywhere, stating 'You can't do anything in the game so far but stare at the planet'. I was making sure that's all it was and that I wasn't doing something wrong. I don't particularly like when people put words in my mouth, when they are not what im saying.

Not to mention, critiquing is how things get done. Asking, suggesting, making notes of things to dev's. That's the whole process of how things work. I did none of that, I asked a very simple question one that could have been answered with a simple 'Yep, that's it so far', would have worked just as easily.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

At this pace Farcodev you will be done sooner than that 2014 date you threw around 🙂

Like seeing you starting to integrate those new ship models. With the features you are adding you must have your room plastered with notes and calculations. I know there is a lot of math behind FC you ever have a hard time getting the calculations right?

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

That map looks sweeeeet man !

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

I'm sure you'll find a way around it man 😎

ReplyQuote
Stardreamer
(@stardreamer)
Warrant Officer Registered

farcodev wrote:
ok i taken 8 days for get rid of thread creation for mission processing, and had same error.

And tonight, before lost all hope, and after to have enabled some debug options, I FOUND the f*****g crazy bug (at least the last one i couldn't fix).

So now i need to complete the new mission processing framework, and CLEANUP the code and FARC will continue again. 🙄

another 2 days for cleanup the mess 🙄

at last but not least

Don't give up, man! I have faith in your ability to produce something unique and totally worthwhile. Just drop by here when you're feeling low and we'll give you all the cuddles you need to get going again. 😀

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Man I don't even know what to say other than REALLY GREAT JOB !

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Definitely shaping up and has to rewarding in a way to see that even though it is a 2.0 version is still has the basic framework working 🙂

That map interface was great when you selected over the different regions and the landscape pic changed 😮

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  
farcodev wrote:
FARC Universe Generator (FUG) Basic Interface

So this will mean you will have a random generated universe for each game you start? Or will it randomly generated the universe as you go through the game?

ReplyQuote
traker
(@traker)
Petty Officer Registered

looking good. Cant wait to see it going.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Nice farcodev looking forward to seeing the new update as I was unable to run the last one. 😎

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Off hand I can't remember,might have been some thing to with the screen res on the netbook,but I now have my other computer and there should be no problem with that.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I thought you were going to have v1.0 released on the day I returned from vacation farcodev 🙂

But great progress with 0.2.1!

farcodev wrote:
* addition of a colony panel displaying colony's data + detailed population list and data + CSM events list + installed infrastructures list

Like this attention to the small details.

Will these colony, housing and energy icons be displayed on the topology maps of the surfaces of the planets?

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3