Far Colony

Page 3 / 3

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

You carved out a nice chuck of work for yourself Farcodev 🙂

farcodev wrote:
0.5: will see the RDS or Research & Development System w/ dynamic and/or static tech trees (need to test the dynamic system before)

To me this seems like it would be the toughest to implement, and of course test and balance these technologies with the rest of the game.

Farcodev how did you make out in the ship models department, were you able to use a lot of the ships/stations Sol Command had?

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Sounds like you will be busy Farcodev. Reading over the timeline and what you have done so far it would seem (least to me) that the bulk of your core functionality seems to be done by v0.5.0 am I close on that?

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

farcodev wrote:

And that's finaly all. A i mad ? Dunno

Well, short answer .... "Yes, you are" 🙂 One can only appreciate all the work you're doing solo on your project. Keep it up man !

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I remember Farcodev when you used to post how many lines of code you were currently at...? It must seem like a daunting task when you look back on what you have done and say I wrote all that... 🙂

But on sourceforge, I tried to view your change log and sourceforge is saying that it is a private forum. I logged into SF and still the same result (just a FYI).

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Hiya Farcodev

First off let me give you some props on your explanations you do, even a newb to game design like me can almost understand it all 🙂

Question about the political system your are putting in place. I am sure there is a whole host of possibilities to effect morale of your populous. From food production to lack of defenses to taxation. In your system are you planning on showing the morale or dissatisfaction of your colonies to your decisions? And are there any plans to have like a governor (ie: NPC) run the show while using default recommended decisions to keep your colonies happy?

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Thanks farcodev, If I remember correctly you had a small test game client people could test drive back in version .2 or .3. Do you plan on having another test of your progress so far to take in some feedback?

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

Wow theres a lot more stuff in there now by the looks of it.

Nice work 🙂

I think I played a build you released in february, but I cant recall which version it was.

Anyway it looks like your progressing really well, so congrats on that 🙂 I look forward to seeing your next release version.

Cheers,

Dan.

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

Thanks.

Yes I know what you mean... Passion, addiction its all good 😆

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I like this interface a lot, seems informative and at first glance a newb like me can understand it. 🙂 I hope the hard part is almost over for ya Farcodev.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3