Notifications
Clear all

I use crypto.com app personally on a daily basis and its great and takes the stress out of learning crypto and the crypto debit cards are great, ask me anything on this. I will probably make a thread discussing crypto soon. REFERRAL CODE = p5mu64hcq4

Console reskin?

IronHound
(@ironhound)
Warrant Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Is there any way to change the console in FFED3D back to normal, or perhaps what it is in GLFFE? I ask because despite trying on three seperate computers with 2 different os's. (Windows 7 and Vista) I have been unable to get the friggen console buttons to show up. I assume this means that I don't have OpenGL on ANY of those computers. Even with the .dll fix, NOTHING WORKS. No matter what I do, or how much I play with the resolution, I will NEVVER see any console buttons. Which is aggravating since I've been playing jjffe and glffe for months now. Even D3D works perfectly, except for those darned buttons.

Is there some sort of reskin I can try? The mod in the complete package doesn't help since the buttons don't appear on that one either.

I don't understand why EVERYTHING else in FFED3D works perfectly, but not the stupid buttons. Is that all OpenGl is for? I mean really.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

Strange problem. Most people seem to have resolved it by adjusting the resolution, but you seem to be out of luck.

Steve "Coolhand" Tyler did a re-skin of the cockpit, but the link on the Frontier Forums comes up with "file not found" 🙁

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator

IIRC The game requires openGL to work so you must have it on your computers other wise the game would not be working.

As Steve mentioned a resolution of 1280 x 1024 works best, have you changed it in the game’s cfg file. ❓

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

The version I uploaded to the SSC had Steve's cockpit and runs with no issues on my machine. Which version of FFE3D are you using Ironhound?

I could paste a copy of my ffewin config file if you want to try it? Did you try windowed mode? That works for some people.

ReplyQuote
IronHound
(@ironhound)
Topic starter  

Whew! Sorry about the late response. Internet is a for people with dosh.

Ok, so I would post a pic, but I lost it. Umm basically the button icons don't show up. The buttons underneath do, but look all blurry. When I get a hcance I will post a pic. EVERYTHING else works fine.

Ive changed the resolution. My native is 1366x768. With the dxd.dll fix thats been posted, I was able to get that working, but changing the resolution at FULLSCREEN causes an insta-crash and a 'failed to create device.' error. Now, I put it in WINDOWED, and at that 1280 resolution and it is simply too big, I cant see the bottom of the screen, and I cant move it. I try windowed with a smaller resolution and it simply crashes. 😐

Its been this way on all 3 computers.

I downloaded the COMPLETE package off of the SSC website. Also, I tried the mod cockpit and the icons dont show up their either.

Im not sure what the deal is. 🙁

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Presumably you're using the same download on all three computers, which suggests there's something wrong with the download itself. You could try the package from Elite Games Russia and see if that's better...

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Could you try setting your native resolution to 1280x1024 if your display can do it? If not, try setting FFE3D to 1024 x768 (both try both full screen and windowed modes) and see how you get on. That should bring the FFE3D screen well within your native screen mode.

ReplyQuote
IronHound
(@ironhound)
Topic starter  

No dice on your ideas Geraldine.

The Elite.games RU is my next try.

For completeness sake, here is some pictures of BOTH cockpits. Granted its a small resolution, and not full screen, but this is what it looks like on all computers and resolution combos.

Also, i checked and the icons are in the textures folder. I dont know what the issue is.

nogis1.jpg

30jjkue.jpg

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Didn’t this problem also have something to do with the Vista as well as the screen resolution could also be effecting Windows 7. ❓

I seem to recall turning some effect off in Vista to get the game working.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

PINBACK wrote:
Didn’t this problem also have something to do with the Vista as well as the screen resolution could also be effecting Windows 7. ❓

I seem to recall turning some effect off in Vista to get the game working.

Nah, that was the problem of having to click just below every icon instead of on it, which was solved by coming out of "Aero" mode in Vista.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Thats a shame Ironhound 🙁 One last thing I would look at is the file size of the download. When I first found out about FFE3D a while back, I had a devil of a bother with incomplete downloads. This caused all sorts of weird effects from no icons to no star fields. In the end I finally got it working by asking Darkone if he could split the download into 4 smaller parts. Just incase though, here is a copy of my ffewin.cfg file if you want to compare or try that:

Code:
[VIDEO]
fullscreen=1
aspectfix=0
modelexport=0
wireframe=0

# Set parameters separately for fullscreen (fs) and windowed (win)
# Switch between with Ctrl-F12

# Fullscreen parameters
fswidth=1280

fsheight=1024

fsbpp=32

# Windowed parameters
winwidth=1280

winheight=960

##############################
## Planet detail parameters ##
##############################

# Dist for max divide deep
control_dist=20000000
# Max divide deep
max_divide_deep=8
# Real time optimizer (0 - disable, 1 - enable)
smart_optimizer=1
# smart optimizer factor
smart_optimizer_c=3

# Brightness correction parameters
# -10 => somewhat darker
# 10 => somewhat brighter

RedBase=0
GreenBase=0
BlueBase=0

[DIR]
SamplePath=FX
SongPath=MUSIC
AVIPath=DATA
CmmdrPath=COMMANDR

[SOUND]

# softsynth=1 forces the MS Softsynth rather than a hardware MIDI device

# uses the older MCI interface instead of DirectMusic

softsynth=0
forcemci=0

[TIMER]
mtimer=0

[MOUSE]
sensitivity=100

[KEYBOARD]
repeatdelay=300
repeatrate=30

[JOYSTICK]

# To use a joystick, first calibrate it in the windows control panel
# Then set enabled=1. Adjust other parameters to taste
# If it drifts, increase the deadzones

enabled=0
xmax=512
ymax=512
xexp=20
yexp=20
xdeadzone=50
ydeadzone=50
xmaxzone=20
ymaxzone=20

ReplyQuote
IronHound
(@ironhound)
Topic starter  

Well, I tried downloading the Repack of FFED3D and it gave me 4 files Repack 7z.001-004 but whenever I try to open them with WinRAR it just keeps giving me errors. Not sure how you are supposed to open this?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

IronHound wrote:
Well, I tried downloading the Repack of FFED3D and it gave me 4 files Repack 7z.001-004 but whenever I try to open them with WinRAR it just keeps giving me errors. Not sure how you are supposed to open this?

IIRC you need to use the 7zip to open it http://spacesimcentral.com/downloads/ft2.php?dir=/7Zip

ReplyQuote
IronHound
(@ironhound)
Topic starter  

Woops! I just figured WinRAR could handle it.

😳

Well thanks for the suggestions. Nothing worked, so I think I'll just throw in the towel on FFED3D. 😛

ReplyQuote