Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] FFED3D Complete Package

Page 3 / 4

Deorsa
(@deorsa)
Crewman Registered

sniff I am a bit of an r'tard, i'm not that great with computers but I try, I open application and it goes "ding"

THE PROGRAM CAN@T START BECAUSE d3dx9_29.dll IS MISSING FROM YOUR COMPUTER, TRY REINSTALLING TO FIX THIS PROBLEM.

i did... it no fix... please halp, i keep trying if it works, me swiftly delete post, if not I sulk and stare at computer till reply... may take days... I is pati.... paite.... piat?... Is able to wait long time... that word...

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Might need more info on your system. But I have ran the FFED3D package on XP,Vista and 7 without issue. What I would do is make sure you install the latest directx 9.0 distribution and your gfx card drivers are up to date. Try here: gaming-f20/graphics-card-drivers-and-directx-t25.html

This package has everything you would need in it to run FFED3D. When I am done with SSC's upgrade I was planning on putting another package together since it has been a few months since the last.

ReplyQuote
Deorsa
(@deorsa)
Crewman Registered

Swift response sir, thank you.

I will try the above suggesttions, in the mean time system wise I'm on a windows 7 laptop, I have dos box, intel celeron and chip sets family, admittedly I have no clue what that stuff is but it means for some reason I can't play my favourite homeworld 2 (gutted I rocked the pants of ppl online in my tweens) and I smoke Lucky strike silver cause i wanted to be cool.

See i tryed the direct x 9, asked me where I wanted to extract it too, said program files and it said no, disk space something or faulty cabinet (wtf!? my cabinet is fine! Its wood and I can see it from here!)

I'm trying to touch all this up with a sense of humour but in honest I'm a lil wolf pup dealing with forces I cannot comprehend it seems lol

Thanks for the help, I'll try the other options now,

Watch this space, I may have to moan again 🙂

ReplyQuote
Deorsa
(@deorsa)
Crewman Registered

Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Thats the one, piece of crap, why can't I play homeworld 2! thats not the issue though 😛

ReplyQuote
Deorsa
(@deorsa)
Crewman Registered

Nope Mr Darkone, no progrees, downloaded the direct x, no difference same message. I hate computers to be honest. Nothings ever simple and I hate that

I just want to play my crappy lil games and smile cause I'm happy.

I will try to download the file again cause my internet is pooh and maybe it missed out on an important file.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

If your talking about re-downloading the FFED3D package don't bother. If you downloaded the archive and you were able to extract it without errors then that should be complete. Depending on which one you download could be a factor, there is a large download (1 file) and a multi-part download (4 smaller files).

You didn't mention the graphics card in your description but even in not knowing it. You could uninstall all the gfx drivers and directx. Reboot and reinstall them with directx first then your gfx drivers.

And if ffed3d is looking for that file, you could always do a file search on your machine and if you find it copy and drop it in the ffed3d directory. The ffed3d game is all self contained so there is no install and all you should have to do is extract and run the executable.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Uploaded my latest re-package of FFED3D to include all of the latest models/textures and anything else I could find. I put all mods into the mod manager and added small descriptions. I didn't verify all the models just because I don't have the time. But if anyone does see some issues that require a re-package do post them here so we can get them fixed.

My goal with the package is to make life easy for everyone trying to enjoy FFED3D and to simplify using FFED3D for the new people just trying it out.

Note: Since I posted the latest package I removed all the mods from the download area that I know are in the package and have been tested.

Enjoy.

ReplyQuote
theweasl
(@theweasl)
Crewman Registered

I dowmloaded and extracted the files onto my desktop and I tried to run the ffe d3d.exe file to run the game (that is what I wnat isn't it??) and I get the error message.

The application failed to start because d3dx9_29.dll was not found.

Where do I go from here?

Thanks for helping out.

Ok so I read the previous posts and figured it out.

Now to play the game!!!

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Glad you were able to get the game running theweasl. 🙂

I always wondered what became of Zardoz. I wonder how many Dark # he has now! 😆

ReplyQuote
Vladel
(@vladel)
Crewman Registered

on 1280 by 1024 i can get it to run on a window with the control bar icons showing in a window/fullscreen but the planets look squashed like there is too much height. To change it so the planets look correct, i have to change the resolution to a setting that won't go to full screen and in window mode, will not show the icons.

On a different note, the mission in question, renovation required, i couldn't even find the academy on my dosbox version lol

ReplyQuote
curtsibling
(@curtsibling)
Petty Officer Registered

I noticed the Wyvern trader ship has a texture problem with the ID letters on the hull - They seem to float several feet away...

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Yes I noticed that too, perhaps changing the font could help?

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

Quote:
I noticed the Wyvern trader ship has a texture problem with the ID letters on the hull - They seem to float several feet away...

the labels are still from original FFE, sometimes they don't appear at all sometimes under or over the surface of a model,

depending on how exact the shape fits to the original model.

if you take a DEEEEEP search here and able to work with a HEX editor, i posted once a "how to fix" that here.

but each model has to be edited separately to make labels appear or maybe vanish.

you will need the MESHVIEWER from Jongware

it prints out all models of FFE in a readable form, with some investigations and even more experience, you will find the right data in the FFED3D.EXE and be able to change the positions of all called sub-models including the command for the labels.

due to some hierarchical problems labels (and submodels) won't appear on some ships at all, this happens, if i remember right if the missiles are called before the label or other sub-models.

if i'm in the mood i will check the Wyvern once, feel free to post other label issues, it's not a big thing to place them new.

ReplyQuote
weedon53
(@weedon53)
Crewman Registered

Just tried to download and when i try extracting the files i get error messages saying the files are corrupt! any advice?

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

The links are broken 🙁

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Which links. ❓

If it’s the download on SSC it here http://spacesimcentral.com/downloads/ft ... ir=/FFED3D

Or is not working. ❓

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Sorry I should fix the first post about the links. The link Pinback posted should be valid and Geraldine uploaded the files so they should be complete.

I will fix the link issue now in the first post. I have to do this to a lot of posts, and it will take some time.

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

i can imagine... 😉

some (klnown?) links to elite-games.ru where FFED3D comes from

for english speaking users

forum...

downloads FFED3D "old page"

includes all stuff up to march 2010.

downloads FFED3D "new page"

adds some new models and textures to your setup.

single files, mods created by users (like me) you will find foremost here, but we have to get everything in shape 😉

---

some additional only FFE, GLFFE related downloads,

elite-games.ru FFE files

some Frontier/Elite2 related stuff,

elite-games.ru FE2 files

i only put them here for completeness and because they used to collect all available modifications of FE2/FFE on elite-games.ru.

ReplyQuote
Vladel
(@vladel)
Crewman Registered

The package in the download area won't open with peazip or 7zip which isn't very helpful.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Hi Vladel. Firstly thanks for highlighting this! 🙂 I have looked into it and can confirm that both the complete package and the 4 part package quit after downloading 35 odd megs. The problem seems to be you are getting an incomplete download and that's why you can't open it. This has happened before on the old server. I will PM Darkone about it. Hopefully he can sort it out. 😉

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I was able to download all of the files in full on my setup at home. But I adjusted the settings for 'max_execution_time' and 'max_input_time' on the server and that should help a bit with time out issues if that is what you are running into. Can you try to download again and see if that helps?

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Try to help me find the problem by listing some basic specs and perform a quick test.

Go here for more info: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2136

ReplyQuote
Rarog
(@rarog)
Petty Officer Registered

Full Russian Pack:

http://www.elite-games.ru/conference/vi ... hp?t=54998

ReplyQuote
JeanAHough
(@jeanahough)
Crewman Registered

theweasl wrote:
I dowmloaded and extracted the files onto my desktop and I tried to run the ffe d3d.exe file to run the game (that is what I wnat isn't it??) and I get the error message.

Where do I go from here?

Thanks for helping out.

Now to play the game!!!

Hi theweasl,

Try to follow these steps:

d3dx9_29.dll

This is because you are missing a file.

Step 1. You can download http://www.d3dx9.net/download-missing-d3dx9_29-dll/ here.

Step 2. Paste this file into your system32 and system folder. Also put it in your syswow

Step 3. Navigate to your System32(32Bit OS) or SyWOW64(64Bit OS) Folder.

Note: The location of System32 or SyWOW64 is

C:Windows\System32 (If you are using 32Bit Windows)

C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (if you are using 64Bit Windows)

Step 4.Paste the d3dx9_29.dll into this folder.

Step 5.Run the game. It might work now.

ReplyQuote
tniemi
(@tniemi)
Crewman Registered

theweasl wrote:

Where do I go from here?

Thanks for helping out.

Now to play the game!!!

You do not have DirectX9 installed. Go to Microsoft site and install it.

(My guess is that you have Windows 7 or Windows Vista. Those have more modern DirectX by default.)

More information here.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4