Page 1 / 2

Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

first of possibly more following hacks of ffed3d

this one will make the spacedust to reappear, i think some might missed it. 😆

http://www.spacesimcentral.com/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=264

download and check out, comments welcome. try to compare original and my hack, alter the values to find best setting.

s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

Hi Potsmoke, you mentioned in another post somewhere about changing the font to the frontier font. Well, I d/l that font and tried hacking the ffed3d.exe to use the frontier font but it just crashes...any tips to get this working?

Cheers.

EDIT, nevermind I was being stupid 🙂 Got it sorted... just had to use a better hexeditor

ReplyQuote
Rarog
(@rarog)
Petty Officer Registered

Hi!

It's HH,,,

It's GOOD! But........

I took the Eagle and chose a little speed ....

And .............. Look:

376e9cc56c0e.jpg

On large ships - all OK.

I tried to repeat it all in the Hex-Editor. I did it.

But I'm not programmer.

When the DreamZzz will make a new build - I do not know. He is developing a build now, but........

And I tried correct some bugs.

I made:

1. "Spacedust" - but there is trouble with the size (picture above.).

2. "Eagle 2,3" - but they lost radars, missiles and fire of engines.

3. "Modified so that the Lynx Bulk Carrier, Long Range Cruiser, and all the Thargoid ships

will correctly display on the Ship Equipment Status page":

http://www.elite-games.ru/conference/vi ... 92#2277392

(Only... the names of the ships I have not changed. While not necessary.) - this I got and working properly.

Sorry for my English.

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

Quote:
3. "Modified so that the Lynx Bulk Carrier, Long Range Cruiser, and all the Thargoid ships

will correctly display on the Ship Equipment Status page":

This sounds cool, I tried to do this, but I don't see the correct values with my hexeditor...

What hexeditor do you use? And its the ffeD3D.exe file that we hack right?

Cheers.

ReplyQuote
Rarog
(@rarog)
Petty Officer Registered

I use WinHex or

http://www.elite-games.ru/downloads/elite3/ffehack.ra r" class="bbcode_url"> http://www.elite-games.ru/_egm_scripts/ ... fehack.rar

(dos-version)

For example:

1__Unknown___11___Fighter__76E3D____3C_00__82_00__0B6D35-36

I am looking for bits â„– 0B6D35 and 0B6D36.

These bits I will outline how ## and ##. <- bits â„– 0B6D35 and 0B6D36

Other bits I will outline how @@ and @@.

That is, we see:

@@ @@ @@ @@ @@ @@ @@ @@ @@ @@ @@ @@

@@ @@ @@ @@ @@ @@ ## ## @@ @@ @@ @@

And we do:

@@ @@ @@ @@ @@ @@ ## ## 82 00 @@ @@

I think I have done so.............

Also I make the names of ships longer.

But for this I must insert new bits. But then the numbers change all the addresses below.

s20dan wrote:
And its the ffeD3D.exe file that we hack right?

Sorry - I don't understand the phrase.

I hack

FFED3D_stardustfixp66.exe or FFED3D.exe

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

Thanks for the reply Rarog, I think I understand what you are saying/typing.

Is it possible to make the Lynx Bulk Carrier and Long Range Cruiser available to buy? Only way I have every gotten them is by hacking a save.

ReplyQuote
Rarog
(@rarog)
Petty Officer Registered

Well.

s20dan wrote:

Is it possible to make the Lynx Bulk Carrier and Long Range Cruiser available to buy?

I don't know. I saw only hex-edited saves.

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

wow, snowflakes 😆

ok, i think we should lower the size right to the point before they get invisible and see what happens then,

or you could use a model of 48 little polys and put it into folder 109 (i didn't tried, only guessed).

here's the command structure (explanations behind;):

Object #109:Star dust*

Vertex count 20; Vertices:

#0/00h: 1, 117, -23, 30

#2/02h: 1, 31, -14, 18

#4/04h: 1, -38, -97, 45

#6/06h: 1, -25, 5, 33

#8/08h: 1, -29, -52, 46

#10/0Ah: 1, 22, 70, 86

#12/0Ch: 1, -47, -20, 34

#14/0Eh: 1, 6, -16, 26

#16/10h: 1, 5, 17, 24

#18/12h: 1, -80, 36, 64

Normal count 2

Normals:

Scale 19

Scale2 0

Radius 124

Primitives 20

Dot color: 060606h = RGB(6,6,6)

Unknown_1 21

Unknown_2 31784

Unknown_3 0

Mesh written out (76 commands):

FFC6 ; Cmd 6 [7]: 2046

012C 00C8 ; if (DISTANCE < 200) goto L12

0018 2888 0040 0002 0406 0103 0507 7F7F ; BallArray(UNLIT | COLOR_WHITE, Radius(32768 no; 0040 (4000) = 64, ..)

0000 ; End

L12: 020C 008E ; if (DISTANCE < 142) goto L30

0018 2AAA 0040 0002 0406 0103 0507 7F7F ; BallArray(UNLIT | RGB(10,10,10), Radius(32768, ..)

0018 2888 0040 080A 0C09 0B0D 7F7F ; BallArray(UNLIT | COLOR_WHITE, Radius(32768, ..)

0000 ; End

L30: 022C 0038 ; if (DISTANCE < 56) goto L49

0018 2CCC 0040 0002 0406 0103 0507 7F7F ; BallArray(UNLIT | RGB(12,12,12), Radius(32768, ..)

0018 2AAA 0040 080A 0C0E 090B 0D0F 7F7F ; BallArray(UNLIT | RGB(10,10,10), Radius(32768, ..)

0000 ; End

L49: 0018 2888 0140 0002 0406 0103 0507 7F7F ; BallArray(UNLIT | COLOR_WHITE, Radius(32770, ..)

0018 2CCC 0040 0002 0406 080A 0C0E 0103 0507 090B 7F7F ; BallArray(UNLIT | RGB(12,12,12), Radius(32768, ..)

0018 2AAA 0040 1012 0D0F 1113 7F7F ; BallArray(UNLIT | RGB(10,10,10), Radius(32768, ..)

0000 ; End

End of mesh

*object starts at end, but each field has to be read from top, words read from end (relative to data in .exe).

wait, if i look at it now i see the're split to different distance levels, maybe i should handle them separated to avoid this "snowball" effect.

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

the eagle hack, yes. i think it could possibly be fixed with a source code of ffed3d at hand, because you have to alter the adresses or (at least) size of ffe somewhat (still i think permanently about a workaround, by the use of other "unwanted" submodels like eagles cockpit or pilots head, but to make work i'm not allowed to alter the size of the original files content), ffe will understand (you can add even new objects, because frontier don't counts the amount used, if i understand theonis right) but not jjffe or ffed3d, so both have to be reassembled, but i think i'm going to far.

if i can post a wish for a future release; configurable ships through a ship-list (like nics mod for glffe) and a customizable panel (also like glffe nicsmod), oh and don't forget to respect old frontiers character set (not because of looks, because of function in game).

additionally someone stated he knows how to get the videos in ffed3d, but also therefore jjffe has to be reassembled and it's also not proof if it really works, but i would give it it a chance. if i'm in the mood, i try this fix for glffe (source available) and i will see if it works. i'm also not a programmer, but i'm not the first who's been forced through frontier to get into it 😆

somewhat the videos are displayed allready 😯

i figured out when i put a big (transparent) poly in front of the panel (like a frontwindow) that a black frame appears where the videos should be when they are played back (ok most anything else gets obscured). maybe this will give someone a hint where to put the lever on.

videos would be really cool, i'm allready thinking about to make some "lego" (stud-city) videos. 😎

the problem with the eagle is the use of the longrange as submodel for mk2 and mk3, if you simply remove the call for the submodel (like i did) you remove also ships physical appaerance (thruster flames, pos. lights, scanner, ecm, missiles, cockpit, pilot) but ships specs been separated and still in use, but i'm not to shure how the ships will behave because i didn't tested it very long (some data also lost theonis called it "extra data", still i have no idea....).

sofar, the use of a splitted model will make more sense i think (varies just the "tanks", but you will have three different eagles at least). additionally you can remove the call for cockpit and pilot, this makes a lot sense, since we don't want them in ffed3d 😉

ReplyQuote
Rarog
(@rarog)
Petty Officer Registered

We would wait for new release - then it will be easier to change something....

"configurable ships" or so...

potsmoke66

Quote:
the eagle hack, yes. i think it could possibly be fixed with a source code of ffed3d

Yes, probably. Pity. We'll wait.

potsmoke66 wrote:

wait, if i look at it now i see the're split to different distance levels, maybe i should handle them separated to avoid this "snowball" effect.

Hmmmm... If I understand - you try to solve the problem?

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

double the size was my first thought and it worked out, so far, i was surprised myself.

but you can make them smaller use any other value between 0040 and 0080 (64 - 128) until the snowballs disappear and only dust is left, still i think one size for all must work, they had all the same before, but i have to try. actually i didn't checked it with an eagle but i will (but i used also a small one, ip shuttle). strange that it varies with the size of the ship, i didn't expect that and have no explanation for it. but as long as it goes just along with the outside view it's denieable, i think.

ReplyQuote
Rarog
(@rarog)
Petty Officer Registered

From the Eagle's cabin - too. With varying densities

Just in Eagle snow flies closer to the cockpit-screen. IMHO

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

no hacks else to the exe? i can't reproduce your snowballs. in my version everything is ok, even eagle. i don't want to prejudice, but no mistakes done? do you used mine from the download or hacked a own one?

i tried various settings to resolution (even "non working", i see you have no icons displayed on the screenshot).

what did you see in a unhacked version, spacedust or none (me and others see none)? if it's there allready, ok we got the solution (by near). i tried to use a eaglefixed exe also, negative. 😕

ReplyQuote
Rarog
(@rarog)
Petty Officer Registered

I tried your version:

p66 ffed3d stardust fix

And my own hack....

"i see you have no icons displayed"

This is a problem with the resolution. If I put 1280x1024 or 1600x1200 - everything is OK.

But the "snow" all the same.

Video in your version:

Combra3 and 0:43 - Eagle3

potsmoke66

Quote:
what did you see in a unhacked version, spacedust or none (me and others see none)?

Verry Verry Verry Verry small dust - when no-speed ... And none, when speed is large........

..........Approx. Most are not visible.

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

now i see, checked very low speeds and the slower the bigger they get (in free fall).

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

not much help, so far.

try this settings

stardustfix2.jpg

this will give a somewhat smooth replay of the arrays, but at higher speeds (above 30'000kmh) the will vanish.

they seem to get smaller the faster you are, but i can't see by now why.

anyway i have to retire now, i'm invited to a birthday party.

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

I stumbled on a site where someone claims to have slved the missing videos problem:

Quote:
Am Sat, 16 Jan 2010 1415 +0100

RMG wrote:

> Am Sat, 16 Jan 2010 1233 +0100

> Jürgen Maier wrote:

>

> > Hi,

> >

> > i'm an old elite-Fan. Yesterday i found the FFED3D-Projekt by DreamZzz

> > from Russia (i found it through the Website

> > "http://www.frontierastro.co.uk").

> >

> > It works fine so far. But i can't see the AVI-Videos (i can only hear

> > the announcments of the speakers). Did anyone konw a solution to solve

> > the problem?

> >

> > Thanks in advance!

> >

> > bye

> >

> > Juergen

>

> The problem is the function FUNC_000121 in jjffe. This would have to be m

ade fit.

>

> --

> RMG

For me the following works well:

int32_t FUNC_000121_DrawRGBVideo (

__UNUSED__ uint8_t * /* AVI buffer */

uint8_t * p2, /* 120x120 picture */

int p3, /* 14400 */

int p4, /* 120 */

int p5, /* 120 */

__UNUSED__ int p6, /* 8 */

int * p7, int * p8, int * p9, int * p10)

{

uint32_t i,j;

uint8_t * esi;

uint8_t color;

esi = p2;

for (i = p5; i > 0; -- i )

{

esi = p2 + p5 * i;

for (j = p4; j > 0; -- j )

{

color = DATA_008604[(*esi)];

if (color != 0)

{

DrawBoxToBuf(DATA_008607 + * p4 - j,

DATA_008608 + * p5 - i,

DATA_008607 + * p4 - 2 * j,

DATA_008608 + * p5 - 2 * i,

color );

}

esi += 1;

}

}

(*p7) = (*p8) = 0;

(*p9) = p4;

(*p10) = p5;

return 0;

}

Perhaps someone finds it useful...

--

RMG

Taken from here : http://alt.nntp2http.com/fan/elite/2010 ... 86e40.html

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

yep, exactly what i was talking about (on frontier forums), i have read that too.

but you have to reassemble jjffe & ffed3d of course to fix it for ffed3d, if it's true at all.

haven't no source of ffed3d (i understand somehow, maybe old after new release?).

but someone could give that a try with glffe, videos also not played back there and i think it could be the same reason.

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

Oh well, but the videos were not that good anyway 🙂 Funny but very cheesy.

Does anyone know if its possible to increase Bounty Rewards and passenger/courier/military rewards without the sourcecode?

I was looking with a hexeditor and found lots of references to MiL0 (I think) with the bounty payments, but don't see how to increase the payments. Anyone?

Cheers.

ReplyQuote
Stardreamer
(@stardreamer)
Warrant Officer Registered

s20dan wrote:
Oh well, but the videos were not that good anyway 🙂 Funny but very cheesy.

Agreed. I only saw them for the first time yesterday in JJFFE and immediately realised I hadn't been missing anything. Better off without them, I'd say. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

ok the're low in res., but not bad at all i like them, even if they are complete randomly played back, except for the alligiance they belong to (sometimes you get a "don't expect your welcome...." when you just started your game). but once playback is possible, new ones could be made? in a even higher res.? would be great to see user created videos in ffed3d 😆

s20dan; screenshot from pioneer? are these clouds or mountains, looks great anyway.

increase missions payment, i never thought about, why?

could it be useless? to me at least, but i will lookout for it.

maybe new buffet gives you a opportunity.

i think payment for contracts is generated as well as all of the rest, easy possibility could be to alter the 10% bonus to a whatever %, this must be hard coded in ffe, or find the expression for the calculating of payment and change it somewhat (but i have no idea where to search by now).

really that's something i never thought about, increase payment.

anyway, once you got a somewhat respectable ship (asp upwards), money shouldn't be a problem, why bigger payment?

you can use some special trade routes to get rich quick (that rich, so you get bored of your money).

really sometimes to me earning money in frontier is far to easy if you know and use the places where to make a lot of.

many good trading routes have been posted for frontier, i won't reply them here.

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

Yeah its Pioneer 🙂 Those are mountains. Its on a planet in Alpha Centauri.

As for the videos, the res never bothered me, actually the videos arent bad, but I dont like the sound hehe its so cheesy, sounds like it was recorded by me and my mates 🙂

P.S Potesmoke66, do you know what values to change to increase money from missions?

ReplyQuote
Rarog
(@rarog)
Petty Officer Registered

potsmoke66 wrote:

this will give a somewhat smooth replay of the arrays, but at higher speeds (above 30'000kmh) the will vanish.

🙁

Perhaps the large "snowballs" to Eagle - because the camera is approaching closer than the Cobras.

Tried to make the dust model. Created some kind of nonsense. 😀 Then spoiled converter. 😀

Inserting a different model -- 😀

I inside 😕

3f98fa9f90c2t.jpg

In the game dust - circle. In the editor - the square. 😐

It would be good, that someone would try to remake the dust. Object 109

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

Potsmoke, I try to explain why:

The reason I wanted to increase payments from missions, is because I always end up trading too much in every game.

The game is very unballanced towards traders.

Money is not a problem, not with the Medicine run and the Barnard Robot run.

I once had a really good mod for JJFFE or GLFFE, called 'Anisophs' mod, the mod both increased payments from missions and also reduced proffits from all trading. It did this by limiting the number of goods you could sell on the bulletin board. EG, instead of someone wanting unlimited supply of robots, they only want 20tons.

So it would look like:

WANTED. Buying Robots, urgently needed. (ORIGINAL)

WANTED. Buying 20 tons of Robots, ugently needed. (MOD)

I think that if trading was made to be more balanced with other features, people might actually use those other features. At the moment there is no point in having passenger cabins, not when you can just have more robots instead.

Anyway I like to do the missions like assassin and taxi, because you go to lots of different worlds, but there is not any money in it. I can do the missions for hours and make the same money as I make in 10 minutes selling Robots 🙂

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

i think i catched it.

yes, thats true, if you earn less in trading you have to do more missions or whatever jobs, also i would like to increase the productivity of the mb4, they are to unspectular for average players i think.

anisos mod, nics mod is based upon? i have both, and will check it out.

something easier that could be solved is the slow ascension in elite ranks in ffe or to give the game a new balance. you can easy edit the points given for each ship (usually 256 which is one point of again 256 to next "right on commander" and 1 in effective scoring). so i can imagine a new balance between the small and the big ships where maybe the small harder to get, gives you more points than easy to roast traders and battle ships. by simply doubling the points for any shot eagle i.e., you will ascent somewhat faster in elite status.

to me it would make sense to reach elite not to far after your highest naval rank, without having to endlessly fight only to reach elite. after you can start a new "life".

also the advance in military grades could be shortened somewhat, i think thats allways a point for the "not so addicted".

you might simply get bored of the game at least between your first assasination and first reconnaissance mission and it takes even longer to bombing missions (which are in the end less hard than photo, which should be after bombing imo).

is that confirmed that there was mentioned a fitfty years career and after they've recognized that it is to short to play the game to the end, they increased it?

i know in reality you wont be admiral in 5 years, but frontier isn't reality, it's still a game.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2