Notifications
Clear all

Fonts

RoadRunner
(@roadrunner)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hi There,

I'm new to the forums but have been playing the Elite series since the days of the original. I can't begin to express how amazed I was when I first came accross this project, even if it was just click and hope on the Russain site for a while to get it downloaded and working. Thank god you guys pretty much mirror everything they do in English now!

I have a couple of questions:

Firstly, I was just wondering if there was an easy way to reduce the scale of the fonts used in FFE3D? I'm playing at 1680*1050 resolution and the text is far too large. Ship/station messages on the bottom right keep getting cut off the screen so you can't read them and they also overwrite the icons in the system menu. It's not game breaking I know, but it is fairly annoying.

Secondly, does anyone know if they're planning to fix the system view? It would be really good if we could have the system view from Frontier somehow grafted onto FFE3D so the systems and names don't keep disappearing and the system selector crosshair was accurate again! It's not their fault I know, as this has been bugged beyond belief since the original PC release of the game back in 1995, but would be nice to get it fixed.

Cheers.

RR.

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Hello RoadRunner.

As to you question about fronts, sorry no idea.

IIRC is it not "page up key" to move the message out of the icons.

As for game fixs it may be some time before we see any updates to the game, as it looks like they are moving the game over to a more open sauce platform.

ReplyQuote