Notifications
Clear all

Game crash with photo mission!

curtsibling
(@curtsibling)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

I notice that FFE3D crashes everytime you try to hyperspace to a system where you have a "take photo" mission?

I load the same save up on JJFFEE and the hyperspace works OK. Not sure what is going on there.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Anonymous

I may be wrong, but my recollection of this particular bug is that the game doesn't crash; the target just doesn't appear on the planet.

My workaround is to hyperspace into the system using JJFFE or GLFFE, then save the game and load it into FFED3D. The target will then appear on the planet.

It sounds like D3D is chock full of bugs, but there honestly aren't that many apart from this and the delete savegame bug.

ReplyQuote
curtsibling
(@curtsibling)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Indeed, sir!

The JJFFE load workaround is what I used, and then reloaded once at the target system.

The bombing missions are affected too, and I assume the secret recons as well. But it

is a small price to pay for a great looking mod that otherwise rocks my socks!

ReplyQuote
symo
 symo
(@symo)
Crewman Registered

Has this issue been resolved? The only reason I asked is I had a message stating "In area of target"; then I crashed, basically flew all over a planet looking for the target but cannot see it even in F3-F6 view.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

No only in the way it was suggested above.

ReplyQuote