Notifications
Clear all

Help with verifying uploads

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Hey Everyone

When you are trying out models and new files from the downloads area if you see that information is wrong in the description or instructions do let me know so I can change it so no one has any issues. I haven't personally tried all these models of updated files, I just want to make sure the download section is accurate with the models and the folders they need to be extracted to.

Thanks

-D1-

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I have the eagle fighters mk1,2,3 and the skin file. How are these installed so I can upload it correctly and write out the instructions right?

Files are: eagles_662.rar and skin_293.rar

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

I was told that the Eagle models go in files.

MK1-23

MK2-24

MK3-25

Did not know that they now had a MK2 model ❓

Due to the bug (inless it now been corrected)you could only use one of the eagles and it went in file no 23.

I think the skin was just a replacement one.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

I uploaded the new Adder model yesterday but it doesn't seem to have appeared anywhere 😥

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Sorry Steve had approval turned on for uploads. I turned it off so you should see your download now 🙂

ReplyQuote
Stardreamer
(@stardreamer)
Warrant Officer Registered

Darkone, the Tube Station file you've got here seems to be for an older version, without a proper texture file - the model loads but it's just light grey. 🙁

Here's the link to the correct model file: http://files.elite-games.ru/conference/78_538.zip

It should be made clear that folder 227, included in your Tube Station file, is in fact a new interior dock re-model that is used for several kinds of stations. This should probably be in a separate file.

I've also uploaded the beautiful new Boa Freighter. 🙂 http://www.spacesimcentral.com/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=206

Whilst tinkering with the models from your downloads section I decided to save myself a lot of hassle and made a file containing all the models you have (including the Boa but excluding the sounds, videos and game files) in one convenient place, for anyone who doesn't want to wrestle through all those captchas! They're all zipped into their proper folders, too, meaning it should be easy to just unzip them into MODELS and start playing. I can upload this later once I've written a file index for the download page!

The good news is that all the models seem to be working well together...so far. If I find any glitches while playing I'll report back.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

If there are any incorrect models or they are broken or instructions are not complete please let me know. And if you upload a replacement model to an existing one let me know so I can delete the old download to reduce confusion.

ReplyQuote