Notifications
Clear all

Keys

skerrigan
(@skerrigan)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Excellent remake - but how do I map the cursor keys to move the ship? On my PC only , A and Z move the ship and this makes combat a bit frustrating!

Anonymous

Wouldnt you rather use the mouse to aim your ship, i.e. right-click and drag?

To change movement keys edit the jjffe.cfg file. Numpad keys are the defaults for manual thruster control.

I actually use a program called AutoHotKey, to reassign keys and mouse buttons to different functions (e.g. I pause with my middle mouse button). I also use my favorite 1st-person shooter controls to control thrusters instead of the default numpad ones as they feel a bit awkward to me.

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

cursor key's are reserved for outside camera view. download frontier first encounters help files from jades' ffe to find out how the keys are mapped. things changed a bit in jjffe or ffed3d, but i think this is still helpful. additional you can browse frontier astro for a lot of related stuff.

nano, nano

cmdr potsmoke66

ReplyQuote
Vargan
(@vargan)
Crewman Registered

I have a lot of problem on vista most are for the icons in the cokpit, but i have found a mix of resultion and can play the game windowed. (becouse the f..k vista don`t go in full screen). Now the second problem is the Rshift who is the key to set the speed. Don`t work 😯

I have tray to set by confing the key, but the program simple ignore my modification 😕

Any of you have some idea o answer?

tku

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Vargan wrote:
I have a lot of problem on vista most are for the icons in the cokpit, but i have found a mix of resultion and can play the game windowed. (becouse the f..k vista don`t go in full screen). Now the second problem is the Rshift who is the key to set the speed. Don`t work 😯

I have tray to set by confing the key, but the program simple ignore my modification 😕

Any of you have some idea o answer?

tku

Hello Vargan

Try turning of vista areo and sidebar off to fix the mouse icon problem or check Steve post on the

frontier forum

http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?p=8757#post8757

There seem to a few people with the shift key problem,have a look at this thread on the

Frointer forum.

http://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1483

IF you turn the Areo off completely does the the shift key work ❓ .

ReplyQuote
Vargan
(@vargan)
Crewman Registered

ok. Now i ceck. But your nick is similar of a crew member name on the spaceship dark star in the carpeneter`s movie?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Vargan wrote:
ok. Now i ceck. But your nick is similar of a crew member name on the spaceship dark star in the carpeneter`s movie?

Yes the nick and the pic are from Darkstar. 😀

ReplyQuote
Vargan
(@vargan)
Crewman Registered

Greath movie. Maybe the first of carpenter.

anyway for my problem i think no solution for the moment. Is just to wait a new release of ffed3d whit vista support. or to wait elite 4.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Vargan wrote:
Greath movie. Maybe the first of carpenter.

anyway for my problem i think no solution for the moment. Is just to wait a new release of ffed3d whit vista support. or to wait elite 4.

Hi Vargan

The Russian guys are still chipping away at it, so hopefully further updates will be available, certainly before Elite IV sees the light of day, that's for sure. Also, welcome to the big Elite IV waiting room. I have been stuck there since the early 90s! 😆

ReplyQuote
Cosm1cGam3r
(@cosm1cgam3r)
Petty Officer Registered

They could do remaping keys in options and add option to toggle RMB. Also is there a way to make game more precise in aiming? When I try to aim croshair just jump few pixels and shooting and aiming becomes annoying.

Offtopic.

FFE is to much bugged and its to annoying to me to play. I tried few times to take off from planet and weird things happens. I press set speed and hold and instead of accelerating in straight line, ship is dragged in sides and sometimes drag back and side till crash lol Maybe its because I tested police by shooting at city then watched as they crash lol what a dumb AI 🙂 and when they finally shot me down few times I tried to launch from planet properly but that weird things start to happen. I tested it on fresh game without attacking city and same thing happens :\ and when in space and accelerating time on fastest setting then ship acceleration stops but when set on normal time or on second acceleration ship speed is changing then again setting speed acceleration to max ship speed freezes. As for me this game is not worth making new graphic ect cuz game is to much bugged. Better is my favorite Frontier Elite 2 it is worth remaking ect and I found great remake which is still in work "Pioneer"

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

Quote:
When I try to aim croshair just jump few pixels and shooting and aiming becomes annoying.

I have the same problem with every twitch based game that I have played. Its because I dont have a good mouse.

Theoretically if you have a mouse with a high DPI this shouldn't happen.

ReplyQuote