Notifications
Clear all

Mouse Click Not Working

nathangunn
(@nathangunn)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hi All,

I have had a go at running FFE D3D (1.12b++) but when I click any of the squares next to an option IE - Launch Request the click is not recognised. This is also the same on the options screen.

Stardreamer
(@stardreamer)
Warrant Officer Registered

To help the team out, Nathan, can you list what kind of machine you're running the game on - graphics card, driver version, CPU, RAM, etc - and your operating system?

ReplyQuote
nathangunn
(@nathangunn)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

*UPDATE - Now fixed need to disable CrossFire support*

No problem. I was assuming it was a common problem and somebody had the answer straight away.

CPU : AMD X4 965

RAM : 8GB

VGA : 2 X RADEON HD5700

I'm not to sure if this is relevant but in earlier versions (9 Nov 2009) any text used to "flicker" .

Thanks for your time and help.

ReplyQuote
IronHound
(@ironhound)

I thought I'd give FFE another chance after having some rather unhappy experiences with the JJ version. (I.e. not being able to see any combatants at all.) Plus, my new computer can run D3D. So, I downloaded it from this very site, and am brutally close to giving up on it. Would hate to post mouse problems in a different thread so here I go.

Before, someone, somewhere mentioned some people having to click BELOW the buttons to get them to work. Im having this issue, wether in the menu, or in game, I have to click below the buttons. Sometimes, It will revert to normal, and will work fine for like... 3 minutes before reverting back. It is extremely frustrating.

Ive tried setting the game to 'windowed' and that solved it, but I can't see the bottom of the screen! >:|

I have an Nvidia card, so the Crossfire fix doesnt work for me. (that is for ATI cards.)

I tried setting the aspectfix to 1, but that prevents the game from starting up.

AFAICT every thing else works fine.

System Specs.

Asus

Windows 7 64bit

4gig Ram

Intel 2.27 Ghz Processor

1g Video Ram Nvidia Geforce GTS 360M

Am running the game Fullscreen at 1366x768 (Native Resolution.)

I also tried compatibility mode, and that didn't work either. I am admin on this computer, so that isn't an issue.

Any ideas? I swear I have read about this problem before, I just can't fathom where to find it again. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Especially now that I can SEE my attackers. 😀

*EDIT* PROBLEM SOLVED

I ran it in windowed, and changed the aspectfix=0 to 1. It runs perfectly in a little 800x600 box. Not sure what the deal with fullscreen is.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I usually run the game in windowed mode myself and surprising that a game would have more issues in fullscreen mode because windowed mode is more a stress on the CPU because it has to manage more than one window at a time. Soon as I get some free cycles in my free time I will start putting together another FFED3D package for everyone since it has been over 6 months since the last.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

That's great new Darkone! I will look forward to that 🙂

ReplyQuote
IronHound
(@ironhound)

Sounds exciting!

With the current developers in hiatus, what will you add? More mods? Its already a beyond excellent package as is. The only thing you could add would be if you could somehow put an offline Jade's webpage in there. (Absolutely invaluable resource for FFE IMHO. Got me flying, and put a plan in my head.)

Now that I got it working, I'll have to see what all the ruckus is about. In case I havn't said it before, thanks for putting everything in an easy to download folder!

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Took me a lot of time to document and add comments to all the mods in the mod manager. And when I go to the russian site to check on mods and if there has been any patches I will integrate them all and update my files. I will make another post when I start to have people test the package itself for documentation flaws and things not working.

If anyone has any thoughts on default config settings that are the most universal and stable do pass them along to me and I will setup the files in the archive. I know SSC isn't the main place to shout out your bug reports but I have noticed from when I first started doing the package that requests for help getting it running has gone down since the latest package. So maybe my efforts are helping 🙂

ReplyQuote
IronHound
(@ironhound)

Good to hear DarkOne!

I'm sorry, but apparently the windowed didn't work. I can press buttons properly, but the bottom of the screen is still a bit cut off, with bits of text being cut off as well. Irritating, but nothing serious. Happens in fullscreen too! >:\

I can play with a few errors, but I'm loathe to suggest my settings. Id leave it as is, and put a small note .txt file letting potential downloaders know about the .. issues the game experiences with the new front end.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

This might work, it did for me, which is why I posted it 🙂

Mouse Fix

ReplyQuote
IronHound
(@ironhound)

😀

Hello Steve,

I actually tried that, after looking through the Frontier forums. The end result was that the game wouldn't start up, the desktop would revert to aero or what have you, and the game wouldn't start up in fullscreen or windowed.

I also realized I wasn't seeing any icons! After trying a custom cockpit, I have given up on FFED3D. It just isn't made for my computer.

GLFFE, however is. I got that working by downloading the extra cockpit icons off of Frontier Astro, and it runs great at fullscreen! Not as pretty as FFED3D, but I prefer all my ships and things being of the same quality. (Not a knock on D3D, just jarring when you see a python in its ... original 'glory' next to a spiffy new viper.

So, Ive switched over to GLFFE, and ported my save. 😀

Thanks for the help however!

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Sorry my "fix" didn't help 🙁

There have been mutterings about dodgy downloads from some sites. Not dodgy as in viruses etc., but in terms of the download process itself. All I can suggest is following the links on my website. Not because I'm trying to boost my hits, but because this is what worked for me. If it helps I'm running Windows Vista with an ATI Radeon HD 48xx graphics card.

ReplyQuote
IronHound
(@ironhound)

This game makes me want to forsake PC gaming altogether. I mean REALLY!?

So Ive stuck with GLFFE. I turned off my computer for the night, and suddenly my radar no longer works, its a white circle as opposed to the graphic, and the dots are white. Not only this but the circles next to planet names on the universe map, have dissapeared, I have no idea where to click!

I have done nothing! I turned it off, restarted this morning, and was browsing the web.

This isn't even an explainable issue, I have done NOTHING. I have tried re-installing the game, jjffe does the same thing.

WTH.

Im seriously close to uninstalling this piece of trash.

*EDIT*

Ive determined that the game is having color issues. I cannot fathom why. Tried putting in 256 color mode, and it crashes. The station textures look buggered and wavy due to the issues. Until I can solve them, I'll give FE2 a try.

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

maybe you should get rid of windows7 ?

this seems to prevent a lot of games from running proper

maybe it's wanted (don't play the good old games, buy our new crap! you have to give us your money, fool!). 🙄

in fact a lot of windows 7 users posted problems runnig FFED3D or many oher older games

to me, what is a fact to, have to be cautious what update i install for my XP, else everything starts to get messed up and the same issues happen then to me to, must be some of the newer software that comes as standart for 7.

some of the so called important stuff to make your machine safe (safe from doing what you like with it 😆 )

why should someone ever wish to buy a new windows as long everything would run just fine? let's screw it up!

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

@ IronHound

Did you try running the game in full screen and windowed mode at 1280x1024? I had loads of problems until I tried this. Mind you I am running it in XP, never tried it in Vista or Windows 7

ReplyQuote