Notifications
Clear all

New Ship Pics

Page 1 / 4

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Some pics of the new ship made by members of the Elite game forum.

you can find the models in the download section.

ADDER

adder.jpg

BOA

boa.jpg

IMPERIAL COURIER

cour.jpg

EAGLE MK3

egalemk3.jpg

TURNER

tur.jpg

Anonymous

INTERPLANETARY SHUTTLE

Shuttle.jpg

A useless ship really, but I like what they've done in D3D 😀

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I still need to upload the MK3 but I will when I know I have the right files and the installation right for them. The Boa I had two different models that I uploaded was I right in doing so?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  
Darkone wrote:
I still need to upload the MK3 but I will when I know I have the right files and the installation right for them. The Boa I had two different models that I uploaded was I right in doing so?

You may have a pre release model and a final model there.

The models and texture are discussed in the Russian forum and then some times alterations are

made to them.

This link should take you to the final version of the models ( I think )

http://www.elite-games.ru/conference/vi ... 95#2282295

The interplanetary shuttle reminds me of the one from 2001 which takes then to the monolith.The Moonbus 🙂

Couple of more pics

TUBE STATION

station2.jpg

LIFTER

lifter.jpg

MANTIS

MANT.jpg

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

VIPER MK II

Viper2.jpg

The Police have had their primary fighting machine upgraded too 🙂

ASP

Asp.jpg

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

It's not been finished yet, but the new Panther Clipper looks promising...

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Ive not seen that before.

Looks pretty much finished,inless they intend to do the texture again.Really like the detailing on the

ship and its good to see they kept the basic shape,it always reminds me of the BSG.

Gaint peanut on collision course. 😆

Deimos.jpg

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

HARRIS

Harris.jpg

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Nice pics on some of those ships. Are some of those already in the download area or are they still a WIP?

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Darkone wrote:
Nice pics on some of those ships. Are some of those already in the download area or are they still a WIP?

The Panther is still a work in progress but the Harris is finished and available for download from the Elite Russia site. I tried to upload the zip file for the ship to this site but The Computer Said No 😕

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Steve wrote:
I tried to upload the zip file for the ship to this site but The Computer Said No 😕

No problem Steve. It is now uploaded to the download area for FFED3D.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Darkone wrote:
Steve wrote:
I tried to upload the zip file for the ship to this site but The Computer Said No 😕

No problem Steve. It is now uploaded to the download area for FFED3D.

Thanks 😀

For the record, when I uploaded the zip file I ended up with a big red icon next to it and reference to "not enough traffic" or something. Also the Captcha image never appeared. Is the system that we just upload the file and wait for you to approve it ?

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Re-did the permissions for all users and looked at the traffic quota settings and it should be good now. Captcha images should only show up on downloads. And I believe I turned off upload approval on all download categories. So if you upload it, it should be available immediately. And users can edit there own uploads.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Ok, I'll give it a go next time I've got something to upload 🙂

By the way, on the download screen for the Harris you state - correctly - that it goes in folder 42, but further down you say it's folder 46, which could be confusing for folk 😯

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Fixed that Steve. Thanks for pointing that out.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Looks like the Panther on the way courtesy of ARN.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

PINBACK wrote:
Looks like the Panther on the way courtesy of ARN.

And here it is

PANTHER CLIPPER

Panther.jpg

I've added it to the downloads page too 🙂

ReplyQuote
Stardreamer
(@stardreamer)
Warrant Officer Registered

Oooh, YUM JAM! I've a ways to go before I can afford one of those bad boys in D3DFFE (currently flying a Jameson special - the trusty Cobra MkIII) but I vividly recall from my Atari ST days of yore in Frontier how invincible I felt once I'd half-filled it's massive cargo bay with shield generators. The only thing I'd have to worry about was imperial explorers smacking into me, and even then they'd only get me down to 20%.

To everything else I was the proverbial unstoppable object, godlike and enigmatic in equal measure...

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  
Stardreamer wrote:

To everything else I was the proverbial unstoppable object, godlike and enigmatic in equal measure...

Apart from the auto pilot which given half a chance would fly you stright into a planet. 😆

Arn got his Imperial Explorer on the way,can wait to see that one 😀

Nik2009 has released a prototype of the Wyvern.

these models are coming fast now.

ReplyQuote
Stardreamer
(@stardreamer)
Warrant Officer Registered

😀 Haha! I do remember hitting more than a few planets! So many, in fact, that I soon stopped visiting them and headed for the orbitals every time. Frontier may have been the game that taught my innocent self how to swear like a dock-worker... 😆

Quote:
these models are coming fast now.

About time too: It was eerily, depressingly quiet for a long while but there definitely seems to be some momentum now. Hopefully we'll see a new update to D3DFFE itself before long. I'm quite looking forward to these new pixel shaders for water surfaces...(a sentence I' can't believe I've just written 😕 )

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

WYVERN (Updated)

Wyvern.jpg

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  
Stardreamer wrote:

About time too: It was eerily, depressingly quiet for a long while but there definitely seems to be some momentum now. Hopefully we'll see a new update to D3DFFE itself before long. I'm quite looking forward to these new pixel shaders for water surfaces...(a sentence I' can't believe I've just written 😕 )

Iam hoping there will be a new update at christmass,I get the impression from the EG forum that it will

concentrate on making the planets look better.but you can never tell with that translator. 🙂

Steve how did you remove the registration number from the Wyvern?. ❓

Love the look of Wyvern it looks like a B.S.G Viper on steroids. 😀

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

PINBACK wrote:

Steve how did you remove the registration number from the Wyvern?. ❓

There does seem to be an issue with the current version of FFED3D where registration numbers appear where they're not wanted. I get the impression - again from the dodgy translator - that this will be fixed in The Next Release.

In the meantime, I loaded B.U.F.F.E.T. into GLFFE, set the ship type to Wyvern, cleared the text from the Ship Registration box and saved the game. Then I loaded that savegame into FFED3D to take the screenshot 😀

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  
Steve wrote:

In the meantime, I loaded B.U.F.F.E.T. into GLFFE, set the ship type to Wyvern, cleared the text from the Ship Registration box and saved the game. Then I loaded that savegame into FFED3D to take the screenshot 😀

Great idea Steve I never would have thought of doing that. 😀

Theres a new version of the Wyvern out.

I gather from the very garbled translation that the texture may change.does look a bit strange.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

The nice thing is that you can make some basic changes to the ship's appearance just by altering the skin in the relevant folder.

For example, I changed the Wyvern from red to blue very easily 🙂

Wyvern_Blue.jpg

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 4