Notifications
Clear all

 


I use crypto.com app personally on a daily basis and its great and takes the stress out of learning crypto and the crypto debit cards are great, ask me anything on this. I will probably make a thread discussing crypto soon. REFERRAL CODE = p5mu64hcq4
 

New Ship Pics

Page 2 / 4

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator
Joined: 6 years ago
Posts: 8709
Topic starter  

Jahell has a new hangar model out.

You can customize/personalize all the texture in a paint prog.only thing is that all the ships of

that class will have the same marking.


ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Joined: 53 years ago
Posts: 0
 
PINBACK wrote:
Jahell has a new hangar model out.

Yeah, I haven't been overly impressed with the hangar animations, although the last one isn't bad 🙄

PINBACK wrote:
You can customize/personalize all the texture in a paint prog.only thing is that all the ships of

that class will have the same marking.

Which isn't necessarily bad, 'cos some folk would customise so much the ship would be unrecoginsable, and potentially dangerous 😐

EDIT:

Here's an example of a customised Imp Courier. Of course, every ship of this type in the game is going to have blue markings and the name "Steve 001" on the side. But it looks good and it's the ship I'm flying right now. Posing at the spaceport is important 😆

Blue_Courier.jpg


ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator
Joined: 6 years ago
Posts: 8709
Topic starter  
Steve wrote:

EDIT:

Here's an example of a customised Imp Courier. Of course, every ship of this type in the game is going to have blue markings and the name "Steve 001" on the side. But it looks good and it's the ship I'm flying right now. Posing at the spaceport is important 😆

Blue_Courier.jpg

All you need now is to make a custom brush of the new Elite logo and stamp it down on the

texture 😀

IIRC in the original game were there not different textures or colours for some of the ship

models?.And if this feature is still in FFE3D then might be still usable to give some of the

ship a different look?.

I think the little stick man need to be removed from the docking sequance.


ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator
Joined: 6 years ago
Posts: 8709
Topic starter  

Arn put some pics of his new Imperial Explorer up on the EG forum absolutely super


ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Joined: 53 years ago
Posts: 0
 
PINBACK wrote:
Arn put some pics of his new Imperial Explorer up on the EG forum absolutely super

Yeah, that looks like one very nice ship. Can't wait 😛


ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator
Joined: 6 years ago
Posts: 8709
Topic starter  

Arn Imperial Explorer available now on the Eg forum along with a new cockpit from

Steve Tyler on the Fronter forum.busy day for FFE3D 😎


ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Joined: 53 years ago
Posts: 0
 
PINBACK wrote:
Arn Imperial Explorer available now on the Eg forum along with a new cockpit from

Steve Tyler on the Fronter forum.busy day for FFE3D 😎

Indeed 😛

IMPERIAL EXPLORER

Explorer.jpg

with Steve's excellent new cockpit, which can be found at:-

http://www.filefront.com/14692435/FFED3D_cockpit_coolhand_v1.zip

Apparently, a new version of the Explorer will be available soon, with a properly animated chassis 😎


ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Joined: 53 years ago
Posts: 0
 

The new version of the Imperial Explorer has now been released, featuring a better animation for the landing gear. I've added it to the downloads section 🙂


ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator
Joined: 6 years ago
Posts: 8709
Topic starter  

Nice 🙂

I see Jahell is doing a new dock and I just noticed on the old one that the little stick man waves at you. and SteveT is working on a new viper. 😎

Arn also working on a new starbase 😎


ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Joined: 53 years ago
Posts: 0
 

Here is SteveT's new Viper

Viper.jpg

and the download is here

I have to say this is the best re-working of an FFE ship so far. The textures are excellent and the landing gear animations spot on. A must-download! 😛


ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator
Joined: 6 years ago
Posts: 8709
Topic starter  

Totally agree hit all the right spots.Arn space port looking good. 😎


ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Joined: 6 years ago
Posts: 7649
 
Steve wrote:
Here is SteveT's new Viper

Viper.jpg

and the download is here

I have to say this is the best re-working of an FFE ship so far. The textures are excellent and the landing gear animations spot on. A must-download! 😛

That model looks really good. Like the used look with the scratches and rust/dirt, really adds to the whole experience.


ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator
Joined: 6 years ago
Posts: 8709
Topic starter  

Arn new space port is out unfortunately it apperas not to work on computers with integrated

graphic. 😥

EG forums are down for maintenance at the moment,should be back up at the weekend.

SteveT also made some pirate skins for his viper 😎

http://www.filefront.com/14760913/Viper ... te_01.rar/


ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Joined: 53 years ago
Posts: 0
 
PINBACK wrote:
Arn new space port is out unfortunately it apperas not to work on computers with integrated

graphic. 😥

It works ok with my third-party card, except that some of the lettering of "Old Blackelk" is shown and there doesn't seem to be any way of preventing it 😡

PINBACK wrote:
EG forums are down for maintenance at the moment,should be back up at the weekend.

Hopefully by then some of the Russian guys will have worked out fixes 🙂


ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator
Joined: 6 years ago
Posts: 8709
Topic starter  
Steve wrote:

It works ok with my third-party card, except that some of the lettering of "Old Blackelk" is shown and there doesn't seem to be any way of preventing it 😡

Seems a bit strange as I have not had a problem with any of the other models in the game.

and I wonder if Arn did something different with that model.

Have you tried removing the lettering from the texture dir?.although it may have other

effects on the game. ❓


ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Joined: 53 years ago
Posts: 0
 
PINBACK wrote:
Have you tried removing the lettering from the texture dir?.although it may have other

effects on the game. ❓

No, I think that would definitely have other effects 😥 I'll wait and see if Arn or anyone suggests a solution.


ReplyQuote
DeltaV
(@deltav)
Crewman Registered
Joined: 13 years ago
Posts: 4
 

Does anyone know where I can find the updated Turner class? There's a download available on space sim central downloads but when I place it in the model 46 folder it doesn't do anything. It also looks like it is just a mesh, I didn't see any texture files with it either.


ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
Joined: 53 years ago
Posts: 0
 
DeltaV wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find the updated Turner class? There's a download available on space sim central downloads but when I place it in the model 46 folder it doesn't do anything. It also looks like it is just a mesh, I didn't see any texture files with it either.

As a temporary measure, you can download it from here 🙂


ReplyQuote
DeltaV
(@deltav)
Crewman Registered
Joined: 13 years ago
Posts: 4
 
Steve wrote:
DeltaV wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find the updated Turner class? There's a download available on space sim central downloads but when I place it in the model 46 folder it doesn't do anything. It also looks like it is just a mesh, I didn't see any texture files with it either.

As a temporary measure, you can download it from here 🙂

Awesome! Than you Steve!! 😀 😀 😀


ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator
Joined: 6 years ago
Posts: 8709
Topic starter  

I found that removing the letter from the texture folder,removes the names from the

star ports and space stations and avert signs.Oddly Dublin citadel sill has its stuck to

the side of the station. ❓


ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Joined: 6 years ago
Posts: 1815
 
Steve wrote:
It's not been finished yet, but the new Panther Clipper looks promising...

looks like LEGO to me 😆


ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Joined: 6 years ago
Posts: 1815
 
Steve wrote:
PINBACK wrote:
Arn put some pics of his new Imperial Explorer up on the EG forum absolutely super

Yeah, that looks like one very nice ship. Can't wait 😛

love on first sight?

yes, i think this ship was it what kep't me playing frontier, still love it.

not so long ago i created a courier by scratch for a racing game mod (nfs hs),

heres a impression of it:

you think i should go on and make a rework of it for ffe3d. he?


ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Joined: 6 years ago
Posts: 1815
 

did you see the difference?

the courier is almost "hand made", only for the engines i used primitives, the body is created vertice by vertice

upon four screenshots from frontier (top,side,front,back),took me a long time.

also the cobra was constructed that way, but very quick.

the lynx is build only from primitives and that's how it looks

am i right if i think lynx and panther are in the original game build from the same body?

"cut him in the middle and put the bulks between".


ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator
Joined: 6 years ago
Posts: 8709
Topic starter  

Hi Potsmoke66

You can find the new models for the game here.

downloads.php?cat=37

or here

http://www.elite-games.ru/conference/vi ... 59#2290259

Yes the lynx and panther both use the same parts.

screen12.jpg


ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator
Joined: 6 years ago
Posts: 8709
Topic starter  

Looks like Jahell working on the merlin,look forward to seeing that 😎

Theres also a new sound mix of jbotor and mespotine sounds done by Headhunter,I think


ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 4