Notifications
Clear all

New Ship Pics

Page 3 / 4

Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

still some crafts look very clumsy to me, they've lost their original dynamic i.e. the eagle and others too. already some original models of FFE looks to me like a childs work (saker,mantis), compared to the models from frontier (courier,eagle), wherefor i like the original turner class (organic?), don't make it that heavy! i think it would have more the shape of a dolphin or whale. hey but space is wide & open and i can't await some fantasy created spacecrafts.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  
potsmoke66 wrote:
original models of FFE looks to me like a childs work (saker,mantis), compared to the models from frontier (courier,eagle)

Yup I would agree that the ship design in the original Frontier was way better than what was in the original FFE.

If you want to post a model you need to put in the FFE download section of the site.

http://www.spacesimcentral.com/downloads.php?cat=37

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

the courier still needs approvement,

meanwhile a Potsmoke tuned Viper replacement (position lights are off the model, sorry)

i will upload 4 slightly diferent versions of it in one zip, three like below and one without cabin for those who don't like or think the people inside are to big,

to satisfy your couriosity, the model was made by me originally for NFS4 and has been transferred and optimized for FFED3D (thats why it has a cabin and people are so big inside to match the other cars size).

still could need some advice how to get alpha transparency (windows) and, or alpha glowing (lights) working, if possible at all (i know how to do, but didn't know if it works in the game).

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Nice Potsmoker66,good jod you mentioned the size as there has been pages devoted to that

subject on the EG forum,no way to reduce the size of the cockpit. ❓

I have read of an old trick of turning the normals around to make them transparent.

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

it would be no problem reducing the size of cockpit/pilot just a lot of work on a already existing model. turning normals around for transparency 🙄

instead of setting faces properties or alpha channel ❓ (both works in the game but only full transparency to background or shell)

i used a similar trick to get rid of glossiness/shading for the streets and grass patches (no normals) usually if you turn or flip normals you just affect the way surfaces get shaded (flipping normals = inverse shading),

but i will give it a try to find out whats about if i combiny all/some possibilities ❗

forum's a little oversized needs more time to read and find the right article then experiencing it myself

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Jahell merlin models out along with a crater?anyone know where the crater is in the game?

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

next:

P66 Imperial Courier

[attachment=73:courier_n01.jpg]

P66 Imperial Trader

[attachment=72:trader_n01.jpg]

finally i made it 🙄

i should add a .fx file, but i need some experience with dx shaders-options/possibilities first,

anything else works fine; rotating engines on both models, including landing gear motion. 😎

rev0 for models folder 56 & 215 is ready to download.

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

addendum

you can use the effects.fx file that comes with some other models, but it turns to some more "plastic-look".

ReplyQuote
CommanderJameson
(@commanderjameson)
Crewman Registered

Not really a ship, but...

http://www.elite-games.ru/conference/vi ... 41#2359741

That is the most awesome thing ever. (I accidentally crashed into it trying to get a look at the detail. Whoops.)

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Theres been a few new models on the EG forum cargo pod,Eagle mk1 the Lanner and a missile find them pages

89/90 😎

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

The Eagle MkI and Lanner are both very good, but the new space station is amazing 😀

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

why don't post the pic's here, i do

eagle mk1

lanner

aba9ca6da766.jpg

axeblade station

they don't like my jokes 😥

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

I can't post any pics,some of the new models dont render right on my computer. 😥

I do like the new black tex for the Eagle,it was starting to look like every ship was going

to be silver.

ReplyQuote
Shingen
(@shingen)
Master Chief Registered

PINBACK wrote:
I can't post any pics,some of the new models dont render right on my computer. 😥

I do like the new black tex for the Eagle,it was starting to look like every ship was going

to be silver.

Yeah.. also some of the new models turn the game into a slide-show.. especially that latest space-station.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Wow those models are great. I will make sure I will get them into the next FFED3D compiled game.

ReplyQuote
CommanderJameson
(@commanderjameson)
Crewman Registered

When you see it, you'll shit bricks.

lanner.png

(If someone could post this in the elitegames thread, I'd appreciate it. My russian is crap.)

potsmoke66 wrote:
eagle mk1

Mine's better looking.

blackeagle.png

(copy the skin from blackeagle into folder 23)

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

I can't see any pics?,do you mean the new Falcon attack fighter.

Its ok,I can see the pics now,if it about the landing gear headhunter has posted an answer about it

http://www.elite-games.ru/conference/viewtopic.php?t=47373&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=340&sid=9f475350cf12c010dc2ec3e7a5d7ba7d

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Krim has posted his Osprey Attack Fighter 😎 😎 .not sure if this is finished model as the landing gear not working so there may be another update.

http://www.elite-games.ru/conference/vi ... start=1880

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

KrIM has now produced a replacement escape capsule, which is pretty good

Escapenew.jpg

There's no landing gear animation, which I think is due to the fact that the original model didn't have one either 😕

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

one of the best looking ships to my opinion, even if it's just the escape capsule, great, clear line, "functional" details.

ReplyQuote
Rarog
(@rarog)
Petty Officer Registered

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Wow awesome new Saker model. 😎

Have to admit that I have not been keeping up with what’s going on, on the Elite games forum. 😳 will have to

look in and see whats going on.

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

yes a real sneaky saker, 😮

btw a new LDraw model, a "StudCity" Cobra MKI, comments welcome

[attachment=104:studcity_cobramk1_pre3.jpg]

th_studcity_cobramk1_pre1.jpg th_studcity_cobramk1_pre2.jpg

this is a rough LDraw model. time to workout; ~2 days. it has to be transferred to and reworked in blender to fit for ffed3d

if you like LEGO, you will like LDraw. try, i await your results 😀

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

That’s just brilliant Potsmoker66, 😀 love the way you have managed to get a cockpit inside it. 😎

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

i did it once, i hope i can do it a second time.

proper transparency in ffed3d is not easy to manage.

still this is in LDraw format and has a enormeous poly count.

[attachment=105:studcity_cobramk1_pre4.jpg]

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4