Notifications
Clear all

I use crypto.com app personally on a daily basis and its great and takes the stress out of learning crypto and the crypto debit cards are great, ask me anything on this. I will probably make a thread discussing crypto soon. REFERRAL CODE = p5mu64hcq4

Qualms and query about a 'clean' Imperial Courier Model

StvAce
(@stvace)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hi,

I have just discovered this game and am delighted to see it has been improved somewhat graphically. Sadly, the combat and navigation has not been improved - I would love to see a return to the old Elite style combat and Navigation to planets etc.

Those things aside, what I am really disliking are the voices in game when landing at a Starbase or Port and selecting the Bulletin Board or Ship Yard etc. They are really getting on my nerves! How do you get rid of them? ➡ - I have discovered the sounds came from the stupid video file I downloaded - not that I saw the videos play. I would recommend that people avoid downloading the videos - they are pathetic! 🙄

I also am not to sure about the text on the background when looking over the Board as it is not that easy on the eye - can this be improved?

Other than that, it is good to see this game getting a long needed face lift.

Oh yeah, I ain't to pleased with the Imperial Courier being named 'The Red Queen', not being Russian I do not particularly appreciate this name or its implications. Anyone got a 'Virgin' clean model of the Courier please?

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator

StvAce wrote:
Hi,

Those things aside, what I am really disliking are the voices in game when landing at a Starbase or Port and selecting the Bulletin Board or Ship Yard etc. They are really getting on my nerves! How do you get rid of them? ➡ - I have discovered the sounds came from the stupid video file I downloaded - not that I saw the videos play. I would recommend that people avoid downloading the videos - they are pathetic! 🙄

I also am not to sure about the text on the background when looking over the Board as it is not that easy on the eye - can this be improved?

Oh yeah, I ain't to pleased with the Imperial Courier being named 'The Red Queen', not being Russian I do not particularly appreciate this name or its implications. Anyone got a 'Virgin' clean model of the Courier please?

Just go into the setting and turn off the vids to get rid of the voices double click at the "

at the bottom of the star streamer,the five red trangles next to the engine pannel on the

left.Cant remember if you can change the combat mode to Elite style in FFE as you can in

Frontiers.

Don't know if the text can be changed

Don't know of any blanks textures,but you can just load them into a paint prog and change

them with that.

ReplyQuote
StvAce
(@stvace)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks for the tips, will give em' a try. Cheers.

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

go to the new models page and get a wet mouth from my classic courier, still needs some work, especially to fix the landing gear and respecting that two models using the same base.

fix for the doubled eagles; take mkII put it to 23 (i changed color of tex to green & grey), then put longrange into 24 and cut of everything except the "tanks", adjust height to mkII keep texture, finally destroy mkIII, put the remnants (engine tubes) and texture into 25, voila.

[attachment=70:eagles var1.jpg]

if you like that so much i can fix it for you, tell me.

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

this will help for some of the missing textures

you will find this in the download section

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Excellent work Potsoke66 on the houses ect and the Eagles,I will try that trick later on

with the Eagles.Realy like the colour change to green 😀

Can't get the download for the new houses ect to work,you may have to give D1 a shout as

there has been problems with the uploader in the past.

You might want to put a post on the EG forum as they are always happy to hear from anyone

contributing to the game,also it the the best place to ask any question about the game.

http://www.elite-games.ru/conference/viewtopic.php?t=47373

Be nice if there was some way to get a forest into the landscape. ❓

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

checked it 11/26/09 1300 gmt+1 downloadet file correctly, but anyway i stored it on Deposit Files, here's the link: http://depositfiles.com/files/hfa8jmbtr

yes, take the body of your choice for the eagles, i just did it very rough and quick but if you got the patience one can do it far better, i think.

maybe it's possible to to alter position lights, thruster positions and such things on the original game code, like in Frontier. there exists a documentation how the objects are build in Frontier, also for label positions, thats the reason why spaceports/cities sometimes are above or under the surface, espacially since there are mountains and valleys. that would also be the way to put additional forests to a planet or as preset, i think you will find my forest on several planets with indigenous life, even in unexplored systems. but FFE seems to be compressed? anyway i think basically it must have be done the same way.

the trees that i made were very simple, like in common old racing games, only 4 polys for a tree and a cuttet photograph of a tree, but there are some issues with alpha blending in FFD3D, if you double the channel it turns completly invisible and displays only the background, also ithink thats why you can't have windows, if you do by material you will only background space, if you do by alpha channel you will still see no interior of the ship, only the revertet shell, any suggestions?

to keep the streets and grass matte, i exported the file to .X without normals information, so you will have no highlights/shadings, but maybe someone knows a better way, materials don't work cause i think there's just one default material in FFE available. alternatively you can store a model as "spline.x" but then it will revert to his original textures, but stay's matte (somewhat).

cmdr potsmoke

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

interested in a "clean courier/trader"?

iv'e got ready to use "stiff" model, which has no animations yet, courier and trader using the same body (only two engines for both), interesting fact: on the original model the engine tubes are pure drawings based on coordinates so there is no model for it,this works also for the original wings of the courier (and many other animated or flexible parts), else they would rotate like the tip of the engine. i think the missing polys in exported models belong to a similar issue, like mirroring already set polys/drawings.

i didn't uploedet my courier because it's not finished, but you can get a pre release here:

http://depositfiles.com/files/cyvqn2nqx

have phun

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

addendum

did you know you can easely set many objects as part of your ships label by editing your saved game or hacking the running process

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

ad2

check this:

http://eywtkaticawata.alioth.net/index.htm

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

potsmoke66 wrote:
checked it 11/26/09 1300 gmt+1 downloadet file correctly, but anyway i stored it on Deposit Files, here's the link: http://depositfiles.com/files/hfa8jmbtr

OOOPS the download works it just me being stupid. 😳

potsmoke66 wrote:
the trees that i made were very simple, like in common old racing games, only 4 polys for a tree and a cuttet photograph of a tree, but there are some issues with alpha blending in FFD3D, if you double the channel it turns completly invisible and displays only the background, also ithink thats why you can't have windows, if you do by material you will only background space, if you do by alpha channel you will still see no interior of the ship, only the revertet shell, any suggestions?

IIRC I think I saw something about this on the EG forum but can't remember where now.Its the best place to ask these

question as the guys have been working on the game for a number of years now.

potsmoke66 wrote:
addendum

did you know you can easely set many objects as part of your ships label by editing your saved game or hacking the running process

Only by using buffet as Steve suggested.which can be found on his site.

http://www.frontierastro.co.uk/Buffet/buffet.html

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

potsmoke66 can you upload those files to the FFED3D download area please when you get time. The upload that you made works fine and can be downloaded without issue.

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered

showing off: "a clean courier"

[attachment=74:courier_n02.jpg]

ReplyQuote