Notifications
Clear all

Still missing icons despite best efforts

Styggron
(@styggron)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Greetings Programs.....

I posted this as well on the frontier forums but I am still in the hope the developers might have a solution or someone else might still Apparently it is a problem so many people have.

I have been trying to get FFED3D working correctly for quite some time now.

I have tried everythng suggested in various forums and readme files but nothing can seem to get the icons to appear.

- Varying screen resolutions (sooooooooo many tried under the cfg file)

- Setting to the suggested resolution in the readme does not work

- Direct X updates etc

- Aspect ratio changes and different combination of windowed and full screen all do not seem to solve the problem.

- Tried patch 1.1 and 1.12b to no avail

- Tried many variants of running the file in "compatability mode" to see if that would fix the issue. No good.

- Tried all the other "settings" on that page such as 256 colours, disabling themes etc etc no good.

- Tried all in game graphic options no good.

- Tried the version "FFE Complete" available on SpaceSimCentral and http://ffeartpage.com/ffed3d.htm#tag1 to no avail

- Tried the "FFE 4 part repacked" version available on SSC again to no avail

- FrontierAstro's point to SSC so same files.

- Tried the version from the Russian site to no avail

- Got the "CD" version from the Russian site tried that as well to no avail

- Tried the different cockpit file incase that was causing the issue but no....still no icons. 🙁

- Installed a new OS (XP) under Virtual Box, still no icons appear.

Problem remains no icons. 🙁

Buttons work but no icons are *on* the buttons.

tested on 4 different computers it only works on one and that computer is not mine and no they won't sell it to me, I cannot isolate why it plays on that particular machine either...too many variables, it seems to fail / work with ATI / nVidia etc

My system is:

OS is Windows 7 64 bit 8 GIG RAM.

Laptop Computer Toshiba Pro L750 i7 Processor

Graphics card NVidia GeForce GT525M (Latest drivers)

Direct X 11 (latest as of the date I write this)

Have been playing without the icons but it would really be great if I could somehow get them displaying.

FF3D3D is amazing and I salute the efforts of the programmers. They are truly keeping the ELITE spirit and bringing it to a wider audience.

If there are any other suggestions to try to get the icons to display (bar usuaing another computer obviously) I would **LOVE** to know as everything else worked perfectly bar the icons.

Thank you all in advance.

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

If there is an answer to this problem then the only place it may be found on is the Russian Elite games forum.

You need to use google translator to change the Russian to English mind it does not work too well.

This link http://www.elite-games.ru/conference/viewforum.php?f=43 should take you straight into the FFED3D section of the forum.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

IIRC there was a post on said forums which suggested that enabling shaders could prevent the icons from appearing. I'll admit to not knowing how that might be resolved though 😳

ReplyQuote
Styggron
(@styggron)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  
Steve wrote:
IIRC there was a post on said forums which suggested that enabling shaders could prevent the icons from appearing. I'll admit to not knowing how that might be resolved though 😳

I tried all the graphics options in the program and combinations.....no good I'm afraid.

ReplyQuote
Styggron
(@styggron)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  
PINBACK wrote:
If there is an answer to this problem then the only place it may be found on is the Russian Elite games forum.

You need to use google translator to change the Russian to English mind it does not work too well.

This link http://www.elite-games.ru/conference/viewforum.php?f=43 should take you straight into the FFED3D section of the forum.

I did consider that but there is very little activity and development there I'm afraid.

ReplyQuote