Notifications
Clear all

Adr1ft

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Described as a non violent first person adventure game that places the player as an astronaut floating above earth in a wrecked space station,the game will have a short playing time 3 hours I think and will be Rift compatible. some more details and pics on Kotaku http://kotaku.com/adam-orth-is-turning-his-personal-disaster-into-a-beaut-1520037629

What strikes me about this game is how similar it is to Copernicus One http://spacesimcentral.com/ssc/topic/1169-copernicus-one/

19fa4n2nu0c66png_zpsdce79ab3.png

19fa4phgxv6crpng_zps5f9d00d9.png

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

We were wondering on the status of Copernicus One and wonder if the idea was stolen since it 'seems' to be dead? Adr1ft is very similar in story and in gameplay, hmmm unless Duckocide is part of the Dev team 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

video of the game.

The film Gravity is probably it main source of inference but it a shame Copernicus never got going.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

New trailer from E3.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Some new gameplay footage from the game

Strange I thought I had posted that the game has been delayed so It can be released when Oculus appears, next year some time.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

This game looks like it would be so immersive playing in VR. Think my neck would get tired from looking around. Well looks like Copernicus One missed the boat on this one.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Seems to have been some confusion on weather this was a VR only game but it now seems that their will be able to play it without using a VR headset.  http://threeonezero.com/purchasing-adr1ft/

Pretty sure they had announced that this was a VR only game and the change of mind has to be because of the price of the headsets.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Best thing they could have done personally, more sales for probably minimal effort on their end.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
Topic starter  

Just look on Steam and seen the game has been released http://store.steampowered.com/app/300060/?snr=1_7_7_151_150_1

505 Games is pleased to announce that Three One Zero’s ADR1FT is available today!

I’m cabbott85, Community Manager for ADR1FT. In addition to answering questions you have about the game, I’ll be here to loop you in on any news and updates, too.

In ADR1FT, you assume the role of Commander Alex Oshima and find yourself waking up after a catastrophic event on the Hardiman Aerospace Northstar-IV space station. Your suit has a severe oxygen leak, and your immediate goal is to figure out how to stay alive and repair your EVA suit. From that point, it’s up to you to learn what caused the HAN-IV’s destruction, locate your crew members, and make it back home.

Find out what happened. Find your crew. Find safety.

If you’re looking to play ADR1FT in VR on Oculus Rift, there’s 2 ways to play. Whichever way you play, the game experience is the same! Just note Oculus has some platform specific services that might not work when you’re playing in STEAM.

STEAM: Simply launch ADR1FT from your STEAM library. Once you put your visor on, ADR1FT will launch in VR.

OCULUS RIFT: If you’re in the Oculus Store, launch ADR1FT from your Oculus Library. Once you put your visor on, ADR1FT will launch in VR.

If you have any issues playing across on either STEAM or OCULUS, please email us at support@505games.com.

We can’t wait for you to experience ADR1FT. See you on the forums!

-cabbott85

ReplyQuote