Notifications
Clear all

I use crypto.com app personally on a daily basis and its great and takes the stress out of learning crypto and the crypto debit cards are great, ask me anything on this. I will probably make a thread discussing crypto soon. REFERRAL CODE = p5mu64hcq4

Beyond the Stars

ArthurClark
(@arthurclark)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hello, guys. 

My name is Arthur, as you may see, and for past few months i've been developing a game with my team.

It's called Beyond the Stars. We are trying to combine collect. card games with open 2d world (space) experience.

So, you basically fly and research lots of star systems and fight for your life by using deck,cards and all that tcg mechanics.

I would really appreciate if you share with me some ideas and take a look at my project.

Thank you all and thanks to Spacesimcetral for  inspiration!

Link to the game:  https://beyondthestars.com/game/

Arts, screenshots: https://beyondthestars.com/overview

Much love! 

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Not bad at all for an alpha. The combat works well with all the cards just fine and seems quite balanced after playing for about an hour. You even get randomly attacked in sectors.

A couple thoughts:

- On the jump gates, not sure if its intended but would be nice if you had level requirements so players don't get attacked by a NPC and get owned (hehe happened to me).

- How do we unlock more ship slots, is it based on level?

- Are the cards issued always at random?

- Do you plan on having any level restrictions in terms of higher level players attacking lower levels?

- Do you plan creating any economy with buying and selling between sectors? 

- Plan on having any fuel requirements for space travel? (plus its something players would have to spend money on as well if they can make it trading)

- Game needs some music and sound effects 🙂

- Oh even though I can press F11 to go fullscreen in the browser is there a way for the game to make my browser go fullscreen automatically?

Outside of the little stuff its a pretty solid performer right now.

I will probably more this thread to the strategy area of the forums and append your first post with a pic or too since this will be on the main page so more people will see and maybe try it out.

ReplyQuote
ArthurClark
(@arthurclark)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Thanks a lot, DarkOne, really appreciate this. 

1. Working on it right now)

2. Yes, it depends on level. One slot for 5 lvl. Maybe we should reconsider it, though. Make it every 3 lvl.

3. Cards in your hand always appeared by random. But in the hand cards fall from the deck (holds 25 cards), and them you can customize. 

4. Not in the nearest future, to be honest. For now we hope that players won't abuse this absence of restriction on this matter (does this phrase make any sense?))

5. Of course. Between sectors, players, npc etc. 

6. Work in progress

7. Work in progress

8. Work in progress

I'm very glad that you've actually understood what we trying to do, cause it's not an easy task considering the current shape of the game.

ReplyQuote
ArthurClark
(@arthurclark)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Just added some character's portraits.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

ReplyQuote
ArthurClark
(@arthurclark)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hi, guys. It's been a while. 

I've added many little things from last post. 

Slightly improved visualization and AI, so you can give it another chance and tell me about it or ask questions)

ReplyQuote
Mamed6
(@mamed6)
Petty Officer Registered

I was answering the question you posed in your OP.

Q. What lies beyond the stars

A. Nothing. There is no beyond the stars.

ReplyQuote