Notifications
Clear all

Destiny

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

This game looks very interesting and Bungie can make a good shooter (ex: Halo Series). So there is definitely some people that can do some great work, it looks like they are trying to make Destiny the next big hit for them and if they can pull this off it just might eclipse Halo... only time will tell.

Haven't seen any real hard release date, but with the new consoles coming soon you can bet this game will be on them.

SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

If this game comes out on the PC, it's my destiny to play it :p

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I saw some platform requirements (not confirmed) but they said it would support PC, PS3, Xbox360, Xbox720 and PS4.

The world that they showed off in the video looks very large and scifi 🙂

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Here is some gameplay

ReplyQuote
Overlord
(@overlord)
Master Chief Registered

I haven't played Destiny, but after watching five half-hour youtube video's from a channel i'm subscribed to its unlikely that I'll get it. Most people in the comments are saying how crap it is. From what I can see its visually good, but is just another FPS with a similar formula as many others. Shoot some dudes, move forward and trigger next wave etc etc.

I'm getting increasingly fed up with how much hype new games get. Our expectations are hardly ever met. We spend years waiting for what seems to be a ground breaking new game, but it turns out to be nothing like we'd hoped. Watchdogs wasn't nearly as good as the hype made it out to be.

I'm very fearful that The Division will go the same way.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Have heard the same sentiments from some of the console gamers at work that Destiny is not very good.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I was hoping Destiny wasn't going to be another FPS, I actually was hoping for a story and some MMO type elements to the game. Crap they worked on this long enough you would have thought that content would need to be added somewhere to keep people playing it long term.... yeah I know there is just people that love FPS games and will play the same game forever. But if all it provides is a map based fps with no real character development and world changing type events it won't keep my attention for long.

Anyone have any insight to the campaign mode in the game in whether it is good?

ReplyQuote