Notifications
Clear all

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Square Enix can sure make a trailer, they should make a movie using CGI it would be amazing with this action. But here is the next game in the series and so far I like what I see and it will be on all platforms thus far (xbox, pc, PS4).

Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Looks good! Although I hope they don't muck up the boss battles this time around.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

They improved that if you bought the directors cut version .... yeah my dumb ass bought it twice (least the first one was in a indie bundle). Seems now I wait a year to buy games because they change over a year to the way the should have been released. But if this new one has these elements in the latest one and combine it strategy difficulty of the first one they will have a good game, I think they should try to move away from the run and shoot aspect of the game and get back to the stealth and planning. I remember playing in Deus Ex and sitting there I think for 10mins just watching patrols so I had their movements down before putting my plan into action and things like that. Games tend to be too easy and my kids are great examples the moment they hit a wall in a game they say it sucks and stop playing it. 🙂 hehe bunch of newbs they don't know true gaming 🙂

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Lieutenant Registered

🙂[background=#212f3a] hehe bunch of newbs they don't know true gaming [/background] 🙂

You are truly a dark one!! 😀  😀 . You have my respect !!!

ReplyQuote
SJones
(@sjones)
Master Chief Registered

I would like to add that square enix has made an episode of the animatrix - a set of 9 episodes set around the matrix trilogy - they made the episode "Final Flight of the Osiris", plus the all important final fantasy spirits within and final fantasy 7 advent children

I wish i had the time to play the dues ex games, unfortunately they are just sitting in my steam library atm, but I must agree square enix know how to make good cinematics.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

This is looking good... 25min gameplay video

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Also pure stealth playthrough is confirmed! Looks like they did indeed learn their lesson from DXHR critics in regards to Boss battles. In true DX fashion you should be able to complete it without killing anyone. I will still wait until all the DLC is done just like I will do with Fallout 4. Too busy playing this anyways right now.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

The latest Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Adam Jensen 2.0 trailer

ReplyQuote
ExpandingMan
(@expandingman)
Warrant Officer Registered

I so love Deus Ex.  Mankind Divided is unequivocally the number one thing I'm most looking forward to right now (and that's not necessarily limited to video games).

Even though it got favorable reviews, Human Revolution is the most underrated game in history.  It was even better than the original, an almost impossible feat, and so few people are willing to acknowledge that.  Somehow it even managed to get overshadowed by Dishonored, a pretty good game to be sure, but so vastly inferior to Deus Ex HR in every conceivable way.  I think a huge part of my rage about Bioshock Infinite, unquestionably the most over-rated piece of crap ever to exit the bowels, was because only two years later it got so much more hype and love from critics than HR ever did.  (Ok, ok, it would be a decent enough, entirely forgettable, shallow and mindless distraction for $10, and it is a different type of game.  But my god, the press that stupid thing still gets...)

The only thing that was really wrong with Deus Ex HR was the boss fights, and in the Director's Cut they are largely fixed (although still the weakest part of the game).

It's a masterpiece.  Come on internet, acknowledge it!

(I feel like this was a really bad post.  It's like a troll post, but such is my passion about Deus Ex.)

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

DXHR was a good game but still I rate the first game as the stand out of the series. Take the end game for example. You had to perform really different tasks in DX1 to get the various endings. With DXHR you didnt. Otherwise though (Boss Battles I will just put to one side), yes HR was good, but needed to be a little bit better. Hopefully this new game will fix that and finally surpass DX1. I am still going to wait though until the game has been out for a good while before buying and also hope there might be a very young JC or Paul Denton in the game that Adam gets to meet perchance?. Now that could be good!

Here is an animated trailer that has some iconic scenes from the earlier games mixed in with the Jensen era Deus Ex

ReplyQuote
ExpandingMan
(@expandingman)
Warrant Officer Registered

yes HR was good, but needed to be a little bit better.

Putting aside for a moment anything story related, what was better in the original than in HR?  (And, I'm asking this as someone who loves the original.)  In HR there are more items, more augmentations, more paths forward, more flexibility.  The AI and "grey states" are better.  Most of the levels in HR are bigger and allow for more different approaches.  Augmentations are far more useful, and when you get one, you can upgrade any that you want, instead of waiting for the game to choose the ones you are allowed to unlock.  Plus, the truth is, the original was designed as if it were fully expecting you to get into gunfights every now and then, while HR is pretty much indifferent.  HR is somewhat less linear and has more side missions.  I can't understand why anyone who likes the original would not like HR better.

ReplyQuote
gulden
(@gulden)
Crewman Registered

The trailers look really cool, looking forward to the game! I quite enjoyed HR, thought I felt the controls were a bit shaky/unresponsive. Nevertheless, great game!

ReplyQuote