Clear all

Empyrion - Galactic Survival

Page 1 / 3

EmpyrionGame
(@empyriongame)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Hello Space Survivalists!

We would like to ask for community feedback about our new indie game titled "Empyrion - Galactic Survival." It is a 3D open world, space survival adventure in which you can fly across space and land on planets. Build, explore, fight and survive in a hostile galaxy full of hidden dangers. The game uniquely combines elements from space simulations, construction games, survival games and ego-shooters. The game is currently under development by Eleon Game Studios.

Planetary Approach (Uncut Footage):

Pre-Alpha Gameplay Trailer:

Some Screenshots:

Main Game Features:
SPACE AND PLANET EXPLORATION: 

An absolute free-roaming experience awaits you: fly across space, land on planets and walk around.

SURVIVAL : 

Survival is key. Try to stay alive in a hostile galaxy. Each planet is different with its own challenges. Food and oxygen are rare – be well prepared.

BUILDING AND CONSTRUCTION : 

You can build everything out of blocks & building parts: motherships, spaceships, space & planetary stations, and facilities such as mining robots & solar panels.

TERRAIN DEFORMATION : 

Each planet features a voxel-based terrain. You can entirely modify and deform the terrain. It’s a true sandbox game!

SPACE AND LAND COMBATS: 

Empyrion features a variety of enemies reaching from wild creatures living on planets to intelligent alien races that can attack you everywhere.

SINGLE, MULTIPLAYER AND CO-OPERATIVE: 

Besides single player, Empyrion features PvP and co-operative gameplay.

MINING AND RESOURCE GATHERING: 

For building and construction, you must gather and mine resources that you find on planets and asteroids.

HUGE GALAXY AND OPEN WORLD : 

The galaxy is procedurally generated and features hundreds of different solar systems, each containing several planets with their own characteristics.

SIMULATION OF PHYSICS : 

Empyrion simulates maneuverability, electricity, airflow, gravity, damage, construction solidity, and much more.

EXTENSIVE CRAFTING SYSTEM: 

Using and combining resources, you can craft your own equipment and weapons. 

Our website:
http://empyriongame.com

I hope you like it. We would be very happy about feedback from the Spacesimcentral community!

Cheers,

Luke

Jalaris
(@jalaris)
Crewman Registered

This game looks very interesting and appears to be a combination of all my favorite games combined into one, uber - game, that i've  wanted (since the terrible SoH shutdown). I'd highly recommend adding forums to your own website though. But this has definitely piqued my interest and I will be following, especially awaiting a downloadable build!

ReplyQuote
medchtsia
(@medchtsia)
Petty Officer Registered

Are you thinking about green lighting it or are you going to be independent because ether way I am going to by your game.

Also Have you ever thought about gas planet mining?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

At last a game which will allow me to exterminate indigenous species

So are all the aliens in the game hostile or can you communicate with any of them.

Great seeing the weather effects in the video any plans for exotic atmospheres and difference's in gravity on the planets also how big will the planets be?.

ReplyQuote
robske
(@robske)
Warrant Officer Registered

Sounds awesome! Hazeron replacement? 😀

ReplyQuote
Jalaris
(@jalaris)
Crewman Registered

Sounds awesome! Hazeron replacement? 😀

That's what I was thinking lol! (Along with E:D but it's gonna be a few years before E:D catches up with it's planetary landings/ human mode)

ReplyQuote
EmpyrionGame
(@empyriongame)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Are you thinking about green lighting it or are you going to be independent because ether way I am going to by your game.

Also Have you ever thought about gas planet mining?

Thanks for your feedback. Currently, we are preparing our Kickstarter campaign and also our launch on Steam Greenlight.

Yes, we are planning to implement the possibility to mine from gas planets to obtain oxygen (but perhaps not in the first build of the game).

ReplyQuote
EmpyrionGame
(@empyriongame)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

At last a game which will allow me to exterminate indigenous species

So are all the aliens in the game hostile or can you communicate with any of them.

Great seeing the weather effects in the video any plans for exotic atmospheres and difference's in gravity on the planets also how big will the planets be?.

Hi Pinback,

Thanks for your reply. In the first couple of builds, the aliens will be hostile - but including the possibility to communicate with them could be an interesting feature for a later update. 

The planets will be quite huge...So, before you are able to circle a planet completely (by foot), you will run low on oxygen 😉

Luke

ReplyQuote
EmpyrionGame
(@empyriongame)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

This game looks very interesting and appears to be a combination of all my favorite games combined into one, uber - game, that i've  wanted (since the terrible SoH shutdown). I'd highly recommend adding forums to your own website though. But this has definitely piqued my interest and I will be following, especially awaiting a downloadable build!

Hi Jalaris, you are right regarding the forums. Currently, we put all our effort in preparing our Kickstarter campaign and Steam Greenlight. Once this is done, we'll add a forum on our website...

ReplyQuote
curlsworth
(@curlsworth)
Petty Officer Registered

So.. I may be a bit burned out on all the voxel-based space games coming out. Not to say I think you've got a bad idea. It's a good video full of features that I appreciate, but I don't see what distinguishes it enough from the likes of Starforge, Starmade, Space Engineers or Planet Explorers. 

If you want me to be a Kickstarter or Early Access backer (and maybe you don't, I'm just some guy on the internet) then I want something from you that no one else has done.

This is crazy but I'm asking anyway. Could you give me minions? Whether it's Minecraft or any other the other voxel games out right now, I often end up working alone. Building large structures (or piloting large ships) takes coordination with other people on a level I don't want or can't manage. I want AI slaves that will do my bidding, including assembling the blue-prints I design or firing the main cannon at targets I designate. Make me work for them, that's fine, but let me build an android or four to go adventuring with me.

It's a lot. I know. Probably not feasible. A guy can dream though.

At any rate, good luck in your endeavor. 

ReplyQuote
EmpyrionGame
(@empyriongame)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

So.. I may be a bit burned out on all the voxel-based space games coming out. Not to say I think you've got a bad idea. It's a good video full of features that I appreciate, but I don't see what distinguishes it enough from the likes of Starforge, Starmade, Space Engineers or Planet Explorers. 

If you want me to be a Kickstarter or Early Access backer (and maybe you don't, I'm just some guy on the internet) then I want something from you that no one else has done.

This is crazy but I'm asking anyway. Could you give me minions? Whether it's Minecraft or any other the other voxel games out right now, I often end up working alone. Building large structures (or piloting large ships) takes coordination with other people on a level I don't want or can't manage. I want AI slaves that will do my bidding, including assembling the blue-prints I design or firing the main cannon at targets I designate. Make me work for them, that's fine, but let me build an android or four to go adventuring with me.

Thanks Curlsworth. Regarding your question what distinguishes Empyrion from Starforge, Space Engineers or Planet Explorers. Well, the cool thing is that Empyrion COMBINES all these games - It's all in one package!

- While in Starforge or Planet Explorers you cannot leave the planet, in Empyrion you can jump into your spaceship, leave it and explore a huge procedural galaxy...

- While in Space Engineers there are no planets to discover or AI enemies to attack, in Empyrion you can land on planets and fight against AI enemies. 

ReplyQuote
Jalaris
(@jalaris)
Crewman Registered

Thanks Curlsworth. Regarding your question what distinguishes Empyrion from Starforge, Space Engineers or Planet Explorers. Well, the cool thing is that Empyrion COMBINES all these games - It's all in one package!

- While in Starforge or Planet Explorers you cannot leave the planet, in Empyrion you can jump into your spaceship, leave it and explore a huge procedural galaxy...

- While in Space Engineers there are no planets to discover or AI enemies to attack, in Empyrion you can land on planets and fight against AI enemies. 

I mean, the first point you noted is a significant difference in and of itself to make me at least try this game no matter what. Now, it won't necessarily keep me, what will keep me is a fun and polished gameplay experience, but the thought of, potentially, infinite exploration in a massive procedural galaxy is mind boggling. Now take that experience to a massive multiplayer level, like Shores had and E:D is planning, and you've got the game that I could play for a lifetime. 

I do see your point also though. I've actually been brainstorming an idea very similar to what you're imagining for a long time now and hope that perhaps one day I can make it a reality 😛

ReplyQuote
curlsworth
(@curlsworth)
Petty Officer Registered

So.. does that mean no minions? Cause I'm really serious about wanting them.

I do see your point also though. I've actually been brainstorming an idea very similar to what you're imagining for a long time now and hope that perhaps one day I can make it a reality  😛

This is what first gave me the idea. 

ReplyQuote
EmpyrionGame
(@empyriongame)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

So.. does that mean no minions? Cause I'm really serious about wanting them.

This is what first gave me the idea. 

Indeed, we are planning to integrate automatized mining (like the mining robot you see in our gameplay video).

ReplyQuote
Caleb
(@caleb)
Senior Chief Registered

Hola.

The game looks great! I've posted a topic in my website (The bigger only-one spanish space-sims and sci-fi games community :P)

I have a question:

How about the localization of the game? We can help with this if you need, we've translated some other games, like Metal Planet, Arvoch/Evochron, etc...

Regards!

ReplyQuote
EmpyrionGame
(@empyriongame)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Hola.

The game looks great! I've posted a topic in my website (The bigger only-one spanish space-sims and sci-fi games community :P)

I have a question:

How about the localization of the game? We can help with this if you need, we've translated some other games, like Metal Planet, Arvoch/Evochron, etc...

Regards!

Hi Caleb,

Thank you very much for posting Empyrion on your website. We need exposure - that really helps us.

Regarding your offer to translate the game into Spanish. This is very kind - I will come back to you once we have prepared our Kickstarter campaign and our launch on Steam Greenlight.

Best,

Luke

ReplyQuote
KingHaggis
(@kinghaggis)
Master Chief Registered

I first learned about this game a few days ago on a Shores of Hazeron forum. I'm pretty much bored to death since Haxus pulled the plug on that game. Sure, I like Pioneer and I like Elite Dangerous, but I LOVED Hazeron even with all its shortcomings. Once you've experienced first person empire building on a galactic scale, all seamless, procedural and persistent, everything else seems boring.

Empyrion looks and sounds like a dream come true and it may become a nice substitute for Shores of Hazeron. Footage looks awesome and I can't wait to play / betatest it!  You'll surely get my support should you ever put this on Kickstarter. One of the most ambitious projects I've come across in a while. This game deserves all the attention it can get. Carry on with your brave quest, Luke! And may the force be with you (sorry, couldn't resist).

ReplyQuote
Nilreb
(@nilreb)
Crewman Registered

Please give more plattform/OS and used game engine informations. The only i see at factsheet: "Platforms: Windows PC"

This could be very hard (windows only) with the ongoing and yet increasing competitors.

Linux on the table?  [ would love to play this from my RedRibbon Linux partitition at my PS3 😉 ] 

Also a open question: which options are planned at dead in game of player character, say after 3 monhs gameplay?

Looks promising! (detail of cockpits amazing) 

Demand is at any time a good long term gameplay for us addicted! And this sounds great so far. Webssite is OK  at this state.

Hint: make enough low tiers (< 10$) if going at Kickstarter ("50% discount at release" or so). Scared often about the full price games ... 

Gamer don't must have the game licence yet but you need the money now and i like to pledge.

[ Disclaimer: judge this as from an 40+ joystick driven junkie , no HOTAS no SpaceSim for me ... E:D is the current grail ]

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Empyrion is looking really nice and the feature set you have planned is what a lot of gamers have been waiting for. Is there a underlying story or background to Empyrion?

And if you need a forum area SSC will be glad to host something for you, that is what we are here for 🙂

ReplyQuote
EmpyrionGame
(@empyriongame)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

I first learned about this game a few days ago on a Shores of Hazeron forum. I'm pretty much bored to death since Haxus pulled the plug on that game. Sure, I like Pioneer and I like Elite Dangerous, but I LOVED Hazeron even with all its shortcomings. Once you've experienced first person empire building on a galactic scale, all seamless, procedural and persistent, everything else seems boring.

Empyrion looks and sounds like a dream come true and it may become a nice substitute for Shores of Hazeron. Footage looks awesome and I can't wait to play / betatest it!  You'll surely get my support should you ever put this on Kickstarter. One of the most ambitious projects I've come across in a while. This game deserves all the attention it can get. Carry on with your brave quest, Luke! And may the force be with you (sorry, couldn't resist).

Hi KingHaggis! Thank you very much for your positive feedback. For us, it is highly motivating to see that there are people out there who seem to like what we do. Please spread the word. We need a strong community.... and the force should be with us 😉

ReplyQuote
EmpyrionGame
(@empyriongame)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Empyrion is looking really nice and the feature set you have planned is what a lot of gamers have been waiting for. Is there a underlying story or background to Empyrion?

And if you need a forum area SSC will be glad to host something for you, that is what we are here for 🙂

Thanks DarkOne. For the background story, please refer to  http://empyriongame.com/?page_id=921

Regarding the forum: thank you very much for the offer, but we will probably host the forum on our website. But if not, we will come back to you....

ReplyQuote
EmpyrionGame
(@empyriongame)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Please give more plattform/OS and used game engine informations. The only i see at factsheet: "Platforms: Windows PC"

This could be very hard (windows only) with the ongoing and yet increasing competitors.

Linux on the table?  [ would love to play this from my RedRibbon Linux partitition at my PS3 😉 ] 

Also a open question: which options are planned at dead in game of player character, say after 3 monhs gameplay?

Looks promising! (detail of cockpits amazing) 

Demand is at any time a good long term gameplay for us addicted! And this sounds great so far. Webssite is OK  at this state.

Hint: make enough low tiers (< 10$) if going at Kickstarter ("50% discount at release" or so). Scared often about the full price games ... 

Gamer don't must have the game licence yet but you need the money now and i like to pledge.

[ Disclaimer: judge this as from an 40+ joystick driven junkie , no HOTAS no SpaceSim for me ... E:D is the current grail ]

Hi Nilreb, thanks for your feedback. Currently we are focusing on Windows PC (yeah competition will be hard but this forces us to make an awesome game). Nevertheless, we don't exclude the possibility to release also for Mac, Linux and consoles...One thing at a time 😉

Thanks for the Kickstarter hints: yes, we will offer enough low tiers....updates follow soon on our website. 

ReplyQuote
Nilreb
(@nilreb)
Crewman Registered

Found out at IndiDB: engine=Unity  (Windows, Mac, Linux, Flash, Web, Mobile, iPhone, iPad, Android, Wii, PS3, X360)

To go exclusive at the hottest arena (Windows) is a strong call especial with the current graphic hypes.

But i have only limited knowledge about the efforts for cross plattform games. But have hoped Unity makes exactly this easy possible.

Good luck with the planed October run ...

I bed you get my money, it has really a lot of gamplay after revisited the available informations.

"Dead question" rejected ... 

ReplyQuote
EmpyrionGame
(@empyriongame)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Found out at IndiDB: engine=Unity  (Windows, Mac, Linux, Flash, Web, Mobile, iPhone, iPad, Android, Wii, PS3, X360)

To go exclusive at the hottest arena (Windows) is a strong call especial with the current graphic hypes.

But i have only limited knowledge about the efforts for cross plattform games. But have hoped Unity makes exactly this easy possible.

Good luck with the planed October run ...

I bed you get my money, it has really a lot of gamplay after revisited the available informations.

"Dead question" rejected ... 

In the beginning, we are focusing on releasing the game on Windows PC (at least the alpha version) and the dedicated servers for Linux (this is where we have to most experience). Given that we develop on Unity 3d (you are absolutely correct) - a cross-platform game creation system which allows to publish to over 10 platforms (Mac, Linux, PlayStation, Xbox etc.) - as mentioned, we don’t exclude the possibility that later the game will be available on other platforms as well. However, we want to first polish the game on Windows so that it shines before exporting it to other platforms. I hope you understand. 

Regarding the question about what happens when your character dies after 3 months of gameplay: to be honest, we are not yet 100% sure and we are still testing different options (insurance system, etc). Please be assured - we know that it would be frustrating to lose everything after 3 months of gameplay if you die. This is not what will happen!

ReplyQuote
EmpyrionGame
(@empyriongame)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  
Empyrion - Galactic Survival has now launched Kickstarter and Steam Greenlight. Please check it out.

Kickstarter: 

Steam Greenlight: 

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3