Notifications
Clear all

Empyrion - Galactic Survival

Page 2 / 3

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Video of the game being played by a youtuber reviewer.

Only 4 days left on the Kickstarter.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Empyrion pulled the plug on the Kickstarter yesterday but they are still going ahead and hopefully we will hear more next year.

Hi backers!

We decided to cancel our Kickstarter campaign because it will be impossible to reach the funding goal in the remaining time. However, the development of Empyrion will NOT stop! We have a vision and we want to realize it! We made good progress with the game in the last weeks and we are confident that we will be able to release the Alpha of Empyrion in spring 2015.

We would like to thank all backers for their support! You were very active during the campaign with numerous comments and suggestions, which will provide an inspiring source for the further development of Empyrion!

We did not anticipate that nowadays a Kickstarter campaign without a demo is almost impossible – and our demo came out definitely too late. In addition, we truly believe that a lack of exposure was the other main problem that the campaign did not succeed - not the game itself.

We will keep you posted with further updates and possibilities how you can support the development of Empyrion in the near future.

Stay tuned and thanks for reading.

Eleon Game Studios

More updates as well.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Video of the game being played by a youtuber reviewer.

Only 4 days left on the Kickstarter.

I play a lot of Modded Minecraft with Direwolf20 "Lets Play series". One of my favourite YouTuber!

I was quite surprise when I saw him playing this game ... didn't think he like sci-fi games.  :O

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Bit of news from  Empyrion  http://empyriongame.com/big-announcement-partnership-with-modding-asylum-empyrion-project/

January 27, 2015. Eleon Game Studios has partnered with “The Modding Asylum: Empyrion Project” to accelerate development, improve the graphics of the game and bring you a more coherent art style.

Hey folks!

We at Eleon Game Studios have been hard at work, especially redoubling our efforts after the Kickstarter had ended to make sure we keep on schedule and bring you the space survival game you have been waiting for so long. Today we have some very exciting news to share with you all: it’s something that will have a very positive effect on the development of Empyrion and that should also ease some concerns which were voiced during the Kickstarter.

It is our great pleasure to announce that Eleon Game Studios has partnered with “The Modding Asylum: Empyrion Project” – an independent group of highly talented artists, modelers, programmers and concept artists. It is because of their passion for wanting to see Empyrion become reality that they contacted us shortly after the Kickstarter and offered their assistance with 3D models, textures, programming support and their expert advice. We have just a few examples of the amazing work they have been doing below.

The development of Empyrion will greatly benefit from this long-term partnership because it allows us to significantly improve not only the graphics of the game, but bring you a more coherent art style through the entire game.

We are very happy to welcome “The Modding Asylum: Empyrion Project” on board, and together we will make the game of our and your dreams.

Eleon Game Studios

Examples of models developed by “The Modding Asylum:”

Our new cockpit:

CockpitWIPRender-1024x576.jpg

The cockpit in action:

cockpit_ingame3-1024x485.jpg

cockpit_ingame2-1024x524.jpg

Alternative cockpit:

CockpitConceptRender2-copy-1024x576.jpg

Turrets:

TurretsWIPRender1-1024x576.jpg

Thrusters:

ThrustersWIPRender2-1024x576.jpg

ThrustersRender-1024x576.jpg

The Kickstarter announcement also mentions that they will have an "almost seamless planetary approach to planets" and a chance to get a pre order on the game.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

And a video of the planetary transitions.

Bit of text from the Kickstarter announcement.

Today, we are very happy to present you a new update regarding the development of Empyrion - Galactic Survival. Among the numerous new features we have been working on (enormous asteroid fields, day-night cycles depending on the rotation of the planet, improved shaders, new 3d models and so on), we now have integrated the planetary approach into the game without loading screen! 

The new planetary approach is a first version that we still are working on but it clearly shows you how much progress we have made so far. Convince yourself by watching the video:

What makes our planetary approach and space-planet transition really great is WYSIWYG ("what you see is what you get"): If you are orbiting a planet and see a mountain or lake on the surface from far away, you can precisely choose the point of atmospheric entry so that you are already close to the mountain or lake when you enter the planet's atmosphere. This will have a big impact on the gameplay: for example to save precious fuel, to avoid or to attack some defense systems on the ground, to sneak on the planet without being detected and so on.

And you can now also pre order the Alpha/full game.

Pre-order Empyrion today:

The implementation of the planetary approach marks a big step towards the release of the Alpha version of Empyrion on Steam Early Access, which is scheduled for Q2 2015. Starting today, you can already pre-order the Alpha on our website: http://empyriongame.com/pre-order

By pre-ordering the game, you actively support its development and you can save more than 30% compared to the price when it is released on Steam! The Alpha gives you free access to all future updates including the finished game.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Bit of news about realistic night/days cycles being added.

Hi backers! 

Today, we are excited to present you a cool new feature that we have integrated into Empyrion: realistic day-night cycles that depend on the rotation speed of a planet. If you look at the screenshot of the planet Omicron you will notice that there is a illuminated side and a dark side.

a0a869cf7aecd81f99630a8b832dd127_origina

The illuminated side is where it is currently day on the planet and the dark side is where it is night - like on a real planet! So, if you are on the dark side of the planet you can take your spaceship and fly to the other side for daylight and vice versa. In addition, the planet rotates around itself inducing a day-night cycle whose length depends on the rotation speed of the planet. 

The next screenshot shows the sunset on our new snow planet (you actually know it from the last update). The cool thing is that with our day-night system you can actually chase the sunset around the planet if you fly in the direction of the sun with the appropriate speed.

88264d37ee140aa6a86c2852d0e48f74_origina

Snow planet at day 

2a82b6a00d2dbc6995086b046f8f5b42_origina

Snow planet at night 

7c2198b7184ad1dff331d2264cd5771c_origina

We also integrated a new lava planet with unforgiving conditions. Be prepared for the challenges that wait for you! 

Space view on lava planet (for a screenshot from the surface, please check out the last update):

3d7d4d149914259af822b43eb2291204_origina

We don't have names for the snow and lava planets yet. So please feel free to suggest names.  

Thanks for reading and stay tuned for the next update 

Eleon Game Studios

ReplyQuote
TheFlamingCube
(@theflamingcube)
Crewman Registered

Will there ever be a FREE Demo release for the public? I have seen some users on Youtube who already have the game *Demo*

ReplyQuote
CrossDressiNate
(@crossdressinate)
Senior Chief Registered

Between Space Engineers, Empyrion and Starmade, it looks like theres going to be a lot of sandbox survival goodness. Is it just me or are space ames making a HUGE comeback that basically started to roar when Star Citizen became a thing. I'm so excited for space games in the next few years!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Post from the Kickstarter

Hi everyone! 

It has been a while since our last update on Kickstarter but if you followed us then you know that we have regularly posted dev updates on the Community Forum:  http://empyriononline.com

But now it is time to present you our release schedule for "Empyrion - Galactic Survival" also on Kickstarter. We plan to release the game in two steps: First, we will have a Closed Alpha test period on PC, starting in the 3rd week of June. The Closed Alpha will allow us to play-test the game with a restricted number of players before we release the game on the Early Access program of Steam in a second step. 

If you want to participate in the Closed Alpha, please read on!

d502b77d1afe650510daa5426ee970d5_origina

What is a Closed Alpha? 

A Closed Alpha is a very important step in game development. By participating in the Closed Alpha, you will be able to test the Alpha version of Empyrion to identify any problems or rough edges and help us balance the game. It gives you a chance to not only be the first to play-test a long-awaited game, but also to influence its development. Moreover, we will get an opportunity to receive important feedback that will make Empyrion even better. 

244d5dca2873c4d02202ef68be3fd8d2_origina

How can I participate in the Closed Alpha? 

Anyone who has already pre-ordered the game or will pre-order it until June 13, 2015 will participate in the Closed Alpha. We will send you the keys to access the Closed Alpha after the pre-order has closed on June 13. 

28c5d8b04e44713234dec01bcac30882_origina

When does the Closed Alpha start? 

We are planning to launch the Closed Alpha in the 3rd week of June 2015 shortly after the pre-order has closed. We will announce the exact date in due time. 

3dce8b9e470558fa7572bcfe66c06ba0_origina

How long does the Closed Alpha run? 

We hope to have a relatively short Closed Alpha test period of less than a month, i.e., we hope to officially launch Empyrion on Steam’s Early Access mid-July. 

33c00ef8eaa10bc4c28574464b9b6a96_origina

For what platforms will the Closed Alpha be available? 

The Closed Alpha will be for Windows PC only. You will need a 64 bit system with DirectX 11. 

152762ffd3ff51e37cdefb0e61265c31_origina

We will announce more detailed information about the Closed Alpha when we approach the end of the pre-order. 

We are very excited and are really looking forward to the Closed Alpha, which will allow us to interact with you and work together in order to make Empyrion the best it can be at the Early Access launch on Steam. 

Let the adventure begin! 

Eleon Game Studios 

08eb35d03edc210aad561812035c916b_origina

Make sure to get your "ticket" for the Closed Alpha by pre-ordering Empyrion if you have not already done so: http://empyriongame.com/pre-order

Remember: by pre-ordering the game you will not only have access to the Closed Alpha, but also you can save more than 30% compared to the price when it is released on Steam Early Access. The Alpha version gives you free access to all future updates including the finished game. It will be digital download only.

I will be keeping an eye out for my Steam code later this month. 😎

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Been playing a bit this since it went into early access a couple of weeks ago, definitely got some possibilities but they really need to get some tutorials into the game and not make the same mistake as space engineers have done.

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

It's quite addictive. But you are right about the tutorials. My own constracted ground vehicle looks like a barge, with thrusters!!!

ReplyQuote
curlsworth
(@curlsworth)
Petty Officer Registered

Hey guys. I just wanted to congratulate you on all the positive steam reviews so far. I'm pretty skeptical of EA games after I got burned by Starforge, but things seem to be looking up for you. When the funds come, you'll have another customer.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Aye the game been updated a few times, not sure whats been added or fixed, must find some time to take a look again.

RPS has a review of it http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/08/10/the-martian-game/

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Games been getting a lot updates and the last one added or improved the capital ship starting point, two important things I have learned from this.

1 You can fly the capital ship into a plant and 2 and you surf down to the planet.

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

I played a previous version, and it was very addicting!! But I am not very good at building things, and I would like to see something like a blueprint option!! 

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

I'm not a huge fan of this building stuff in games but I keep coming back to have a look this unlike Space Engineers which I just can't seem to get an angle on at the moment.

Should be able to this in these games.

darkstar%20surf%20up_zpsowlokrzo.jpg

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

"Let There Be Light!" 

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Big patch came out for this last week, which I have yet to download so not sure if this coming up or it's out. Anyhow that's a hard landing.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

It's life Jim but not as we know it.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Trees apparently.

The game getting plenty of updates.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Empyrion must getting ready to release another update as three new video have appeared in the last couple of days.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

New trailer for the new Alpha?.

Should be with us soon if I read the update right. http://steamcommunity.com/games/383120/announcements/detail/820028010223557588

Hi Galactic Survivalists!

Last week we had to announce a minor delay for the upcoming Alpha 1.0 release. This delay has come unexpected to most of you, and we apologize for any resulting inconvenience. It has been a hard choice, putting us between a rock and a hard place: seeing sad faces because of the last minute delay or seeing sad faces because of some major bugs still present in the originally planned release. In the end, we decided that you deserve an Alpha version, which is as polished and bug free as we can achieve - and rather withstand the wave of critics because of the last minute delay.

The new features that will now find their way into the first Alpha version due to this delay would have been part of the first patch anyhow. Now they just moved slightly forward to the release version and did not consume any minute of the precious development time dedicated to bug fixing! Said that, we are progressing nicely with the bug smashing. Just as of yesterday, we surpassed the milestone of 300 bugfixes and changes made in the course of the Alpha development (not counting in the new features and the fixes of the Public versions that were released in parallel)!

Some folks asked, if we could release more footage videos of the Alpha. For those, we’d like to answer: keep your eyes peeled (for the upcoming week)! 😉

Enough chit-chat, it is time to get to the real things. As the headline states, we want to show you our new "Empyrion - Galactic Survival" Alpha Trailer, giving you an idea of the new look and feel of the upcoming Alpha version! We hope you like it:

I wonder if I will be able to surf down to the planet in this version.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Just downloaded the update and the start planet looking very lush even has some dinosaur roaming around although but they appear to be only in the survival mode of the game. played around with the creative mode and took off to the moon and jumped out of the ship with no helmet on and did not die, then went back to the planet stopped in orbit and tried to surf down without success, think I might have been over the pole will have to try again in survival mode.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Another big update to the game.

Hit Steam a few days ago and has had a couple of hot fixes added to it.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Trailer for Alpha 3, looks like we might be getting to meet the natives.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3