Senior Chief Registered

http://endless-space.amplitude-studios.com/Features

That looks nice -

i hope that this weird rock-scissors-paper combat is not as bad like in galciv2

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I was watching some videos on this game and I really didn't like the combat system in that you really don't have a huge amount of control and it is like you say Dari in that it is almost a crap shoot as to whether you win least from the videos I have seen. I think a demo will be needed before I spend some money on this one.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Is the boxed version of this game now out?.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Not sure, here is a decent review by WTF

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Yup Box edition is in the shops, seen it yesterday.

ReplyQuote
shadmar
(@shadmar)
Warrant Officer Registered
Topic starter  

It's also on Steam, I've bought it, but haven't had the time yet to test.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Looks like Endless Space has released some free DLC and should be available now from Steam and GamersGate

Quote:

Free content update for Endless Space on Steam

Haarlem, The Netherlands – 2 October 2012 – Iceberg Interactive and developer Amplitude Studios announce that they are ready to release the first free add-on for their ‘4x’ strategy hit ENDLESS SPACE, called “Rise of the Automatons”, later today on Steam.

Amplitude CEO Mathieu Girard says: “We have to thank our community for their help in defining the add-on – GAMES2GETHER votes were used to determine half the improvements. We really appreciate our players’ devotion and ideas; they've given us ammo for many more updates and upgrades beyond this one. They're numerous, argumentative, and occasionally challenging, but we wouldn't have it any other way.”

Most important features of the add-on

- Addition of the new Automatons custom faction (thanks to the community hero ‘Panzer‘)

- GUI changes such as a new Trade Route panel and Empire Management screen

- Upgraded and updated diplomacy and alliance options

- Improved hero management

- Improved AI

- Fixes, amendments and changes

The full list of changes for the add-on can be found on the Amplitude forums here. Players should finish their current game today as the add-on is incompatible with old saves due to the many changes.

About Endless Space

This galaxy is ancient, and its first intelligent life was the civilization we call the Endless. Long before our eyes gazed upon the stars they flew between them, though all that remains of this people is what we call Dust. A substance found scattered or in forgotten temples, it once gave powers to admirals and galactic governors. The galaxy will belong to the faction that can take control of the Dust and uncover its secrets…

A Born Leader: Guide one of eight civilizations as you strive for galactic dominion. Will you control the entire galaxy through subtle trade and diplomacy, explore every corner of the universe to find powerful artifacts and resources, overwhelm other civilizations with your advanced technologies, or destroy your enemies with massive armadas?

Endless Discoveries: With hundreds of star systems to explore, different planet types, luxuries and strategic resources to exploit, the mysteries within the Dust to master and a host of strange scientific phenomena to deal with, the player will have no lack of challenges. Hire heroes to become fleet admirals or system governors and discover five hero classes and their unique ability trees and specializations.

Space Opera: Experience Endless Space with state-of-the-art graphics and interface, switch between strategic battle decisions and long-term planning. Optimize each fleet for epic battles around contested stars. Create the perfect combinations from dozens of unique ships per civilization. Customize your ship with modules, armament, engines and special mods. The player has a plethora of choices of how to best destroy or dissuade his enemy.

Take on the Universe: Play against up to seven opponents and build up – or break – alliances at will. Discover an innovative and dynamic simultaneous turn-based gameplay. Permit instant jump-in for your ongoing online games. Define your own custom civilizations and confront the ones created by your friends.

Endless Replayability: Control every new game’s scope, from a quick match-up to an endless war. Generate an infinity of random galaxies where every start begins a new adventure. Modify the size, shape, density, age and a lot more to create your ideal galaxy. Choose from different victory conditions and adapt your strategy on the fly.

Creating GAMES2GETHER: Track the dev team’s objectives, progress and achievements. Participate in the creation of the game via the GAMES2GETHER initiative. Access early versions of the game and give your feedback to the dev team. Discuss actual and future game features and expansions with the dev team

ReplyQuote
True
 True
(@true)
Master Chief Registered

Sweet, I bought that game in alpha stage, played it once noticed its potential and never could make myself play it again. Well, 3 weeks of holidays during christmas, maybe one of my colleagues will play a round. I know they bought it too!

ReplyQuote
Esraven
(@esraven)
Crewman Registered

Bumped on this review

http://www.gamespot.com/endless-space/reviews/endless-space-review-6386365/

Gives you a good idea what to expect

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Also looks like Endless Space is adding another free DLC to the game called 'Echos of the Endless'. See more here: http://www.iceberg-interactive.com/news-mainmenu-33.html

ReplyQuote
True
 True
(@true)
Master Chief Registered

I am re-installing it right now. 3 Minutes! Thank you 100mbit line...

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

I have yet to try this out, but I will probably pick it up on Steam of GG if I see it on sale new Christmas. Any thoughts on this True?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

You can play the game free until Sunday on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/208140/

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

New Free DLC for Endless Space and a 50% discount off the game for a week starting today.

Here is the info on the new DLC:

Background story for the ‘Virtual Awakening’ add-on:
“Driven by their need to terraform and cultivate, it was only a matter of time before the Automatons turned their eyes to the least hospitable planets: Gas giants. A probe ship departed for an uncolonized system, hoping to test technology that could transform these jovian worlds into something livable.

It was a nice plan, but luck and reality had other ideas. The gas giant had a derelict platform orbiting it that had been of the Virtual Endless war effort -- and the Virtuals had left a guard behind. Worse yet, the system was rich in minerals from its asteroid belts, so a small but well-equipped group of Pirates was also keeping an eye on it.

Automaton, Endless, and Pirate -- an interesting enough mix. But there was a fourth unknown actor, watching from the “surface” of the gas giant. Deep in the viscous atmosphere, where the boundaries between gas and liquid and solid are vague and changeable, an intelligent life form tracked the signals from the platform and wondered what was going on.
Up above an uneasy truce was reached: Automatons experimented while the Pirates kept an eye out for profits. The project went smoothly until one of the Automatons, who had shown unusually clever behavior since landing on the Endless platform, noted that the radiation seeping from the planet might be transmissions from a sentient race…

Finish the testing at the risk of genocide? Try again elsewhere, regardless of the costs? Steal the technology and see what you can get for it? There are many questions, not the least of which is: What exactly is going on with that unusually clever Automaton?

The galaxy is about to get even stranger.”

Features of the ‘Virtual Awakening’ add-on:
Free Weekend Rewards
•    4 unique Heroes including a powerful Virtual Endless
•    Extra Technologies and Buildings focusing on asteroids and gas giants
•    Global Interactive Events (including an event designed by Codename_Veers)
•    New Escalating Random Events (2 of them designed by KingJohnVI)
•    Additional Exploration Rewards and Planet Anomalies
AI Improvements
•    Ability to scrap buildings
•    Enhanced hero management
•    Better affinity and faction trait management
Other additions and improvements
•    Victory Warning alert messages
•    Improved blockade effects: now activated on Guard and Invasion only
•    New Auto Scrap button for unnecessary improvements in the Empire view
•    Redesigned game speed effects
•    Tax Rate tooltip in the Empire view

ReplyQuote
Pyros
(@pyros)
Master Chief Registered

I bought the game on pre-sale (Emperor version or whatever) and for some reason never got to play it... Shame on me. ;P

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Looks like a new expansion is coming to Endless Space, this new expansion is called: Disharmony is Coming

And this will be first expansion that will not be free and it is suposed to be around $10. Here is some of the features:

• New faction called 'Harmony'
  • Fighters and Bombers
  • Battle Formations
  • Redesigned weapon system
  • Tougher AI
  • Rally Points
  • Four more Heroes

ReplyQuote
shadmar
(@shadmar)
Warrant Officer Registered
Topic starter