Clear all

Fallout 2 addicts

cultist
(@cultist)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

This thread is a humble one.

I'm curious if there are any more fallout addicts out here 🙂

I just started playing fallout 2,kind of very late in my life,don't know why i ignored it for so long,and i must say im hooked up.Finally i have another game to play while i wait for the next space sim 😀

So,

who among you finished the game,what build did you play and did you choose to be a good or a bad guy?

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I did play but I just cannot remember for the life of me the setup of my character, I did play a good guy though. I think my mind erased all that past info when I played Fallout3 and now Fallout: New Vegas is coming soon ... 🙂

There is a multiplayer mod for this game search MODDB.

ReplyQuote
Braindead
(@braindead)
Master Chief Registered

I haven't played it in a long while but it's definitely one of my favorite classics. Finished it both good and evil, with hand to hand and energy weapons and everything in between. Gotta love shooting someone in the eye with your plasma cannon

Actually thinking about this game makes me want to play it again It has more replayability then it's successor imho.

ReplyQuote
cultist
(@cultist)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Aye,i'm playin it 😀

fallout 2238 great game,online fallout,full of griefers,they keep saying wasteland is harsh but players make it hell.

What is weird is because of 2238 im playing f2 now,anyway i support playing this game 😀

Btw im a big guns man with speech and some outdoors and life is sweet.

Quests arent easy to figure out and im running out of time grr

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Played Fallout 2 about ten years ago never finished it, still got the save games so I might go back to it one day.Really enjoyed Fall out tactics got all the way to the end of that one.

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

I've been addicted to Fallout 1+2 since they were released.

They are amazing games and I still find new things even to this day.

If anyones wants to play it again, I strongly recommend the Fallout2 Restoration Project and the Mega Mod.

F2RP

If you haven't played before or can't remember playing you should use the Restoration Project. It adds in everything that was cut from the original game. And fixes a large portion of the bugs.

MegaMod

If you have played and just want another go, I'd recommend the fallout2 MegaMod which adds in a ton of stuff, a lot more than the RP.

If you fancy a laugh, try playing as an idiot in fallout 2

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

I am still working my way through Fallout 1, but will use those mods when I start on Fallout 2, thanks for posting them S20dan 🙂 Was there ever a restoration project for Fallout 1?

Edit, found some unofficial patches and mods for Fallout 1 here http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload. ... y&cat_id=3

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

Yes that site, NMA, is the best English site for fallout 1 + 2 that you will find. If you can speak Russian though, there are many many more great sites.

Teamx.ru among others.

I was sure I have read about a fallout1 restoration project then I stumbled on this:

http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Restoration_Mod

I have never played that addon/mod so I cant comment, but I do know of the coder, he is something of a Russian Fallout God lol. Basically he makes very high-quality additions to the games.

I also remember reading about Fallout1 conversion to the Fallout2 engine but again I havent tried that.

I havent played fallout 1 for a good few years, maybe its time for a revival 🙂

I tend to play the second one every year, normally when there are some updates to the megamod.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

I cant read Russian , but Babel Fish can, very handy when it came to finding out info on FFE3D. Thanks for the link S20dan 🙂

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

Your welcome.

I forgot to mention that theres also a free fallout online : http://www.fonline2238.net/wiki/Getting_Started

Its releatively new and I havent played that for a while, but I participated in one of the BETAs which was quite fun, although its was something of a race war... Russian vs English hehe, and the Russians all had better weapons 🙂

Could be pretty funny though playing that with a group of people.

From the wiki this made me laugh :

Quote:
Introduction to shit shoveling

If you want to shovel shit the only thing you have to do is go to the brahmin pens in any city and start using a shovel on the shit you see laying around.

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

Its been a while since I played this one. Im just updating my client, but Im pretty sure that the servers are all still working... Ill get back to you shortly.

The forum is at least active with many posts from today which is a good sign...

I updated it, now the client wont even load up. ❓

Quote:
Does this FOnline2238 link require both Fallout 1 and 2? I only have Fallout 2.

AFAIK it only needs fallout2. You have to point to the location for fallout 2 files in the FOnline options.

ReplyQuote
cultist
(@cultist)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Dan do you hang out on their irc network?

If you do what is your name there maybe we can chat some and maybe we can hunt some 😀

ReplyQuote
cultist
(@cultist)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

did you read the updater news or what ever they are called?

Its under IMPORTANT

you have to edit a file and change the name of others and delete one.

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

cultist wrote:
If you do what is your name there maybe we can chat some and maybe we can hunt some 😀

I dont go on the IRC but I am deffo up for a hunt 🙂 I hunt only Russian flesh... lol

Quote:
did you read the updater news or what ever they are called?

Its under IMPORTANT

you have to edit a file and change the name of others and delete one.

Ah well that would explain why mine didn't load. I didnt read a thing as I was only updating to check the servers for Aero.

I hope I get it working again, as this is a really good game considering its technically free.

I just remembered something amusing... Last time I played this I recall that all my 'chat text' appeared in Russian. So English dudes would come up to me and try and chat, and all I could respond in was Russian (Cyrillic) gibberish. I even had someone tell me I should leave and join the Russian server 😆

ReplyQuote
s2odan
(@s2odan)
Captain Registered

Cool its working 🙂

Just what isnt working for you Aero? Cant connect to server or cannot start the game?

Just picked up an H&K CAWS auto shotgun in a random encounter 😉 How do you log out safely?

ReplyQuote
cultist
(@cultist)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

If you like 2238 do not forget to vote for it in top 100 Massively Multiplayer category:

http://www.indiedb.com/events/2010-indi ... #vote12174

Good luck 2238 team.

ReplyQuote