Notifications
Clear all

Homeworld Returns!

Page 2 / 2

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I am interested in some thoughts on this as well before I buy this as well.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Apparently they have had over 100K of pre order for the game or so IncGamer claims http://www.incgamers.com/2015/02/homeworld-remastered-pre-sales-reach-100k-big-publishers-take-note-says-pitchford

Might get some others to think about polishing up their old games and re-releasing them.

ReplyQuote
robske
(@robske)
Warrant Officer Registered
Topic starter  

I am interested in some thoughts on this as well before I buy this as well.

1. Does not majorly change HW1 & HW2's mechanics. Biggest one i noticed was the ability to make sort of fighter squadrons in HW1 by selecting a bunch and giving them a formation.

2. Lots of visual and sound enhancements.

3. Still waiting on Remastered version mods 😛 The mods right now are for the classic one.

Didn't notice any major bugs so far. AMD users may have to drag a dll from their driver install files into the hw/bin/release folder to make sure it works well in the classic versions.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Games getting boxed release in the EMEA.

In partnership with Ubisoft, the Homeworld Remastered Collection will be available for sale as a boxed retail version on May 7, 2015 across EMEA territories.

I know what you thinking, where in the hell is the EMEA territories and according to Google it's short hand for Europe, the Middle East and Africa.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Thats good there will be a retail boxed version., but will it be DRM'ed to within an inch of its life I wonder? For example some Ubisoft published games in the past required players to always be online.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

but will it be DRM'ed to within an inch of its life I wonder? For example some Ubisoft published games in the past required players to always be online.

I know how he feels 😀

I stopped buying anything by Ubisoft on the PC and have only gone back to them with recently with Farcry 3&4 which had to be registered on Uplay then the games can be started in offline mode, but this being Ubisoft it's anybody's guess what sort of DRM it might come with.

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

I stopped buying anything by Ubisoft on the PC and have only gone back to them with recently with Farcry 3&4 which had to be registered on Uplay then the games can be started in offline mode, but this being Ubisoft it's anybody's guess what sort of DRM it might come with.

I am slightly more evil. I still buy the Ubisoft games I like to play (boxed versions), but I "use" some "unofficial" versions!!!!! 

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

I am slightly more evil. I still buy the Ubisoft games I like to play (boxed versions), but I "use" some "unofficial" versions!!!!! 

Naughty,.....but understandable.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Now on GoG for anyone who dislikes Steam also updated.

ReplyQuote
Mamed6
(@mamed6)
Petty Officer Registered

I love these fantastic action/strategy/vectorial games, do you know of any other ones?

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I love these fantastic action/strategy/vectorial games, do you know of any other ones?

Definitely checkout: http://spacesimcentral.com/ssc/forum/92-shallow-space/ and there is more games in that strategy area as well.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2