(@cruisin1500)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/cdf-ghostship?c=activity

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

He does seem kinda pushy 🙂

What he might not be thinking about is that money donated via indiegogo is exactly that, donated. Meaning the gamer doesn't get anything in return unless the developer releases something. So the gamer is actually taking more of a risk with indiegogo than with kickstarter because the developer is given nothing in kickstarter unless the goal is reached. I can feel his frustration though in that he really wants to get this game made and probably wants to eat as well, but like most folks out there he might have to get a second job and work on this project on the weekends/evenings.

ReplyQuote
Cruisin1500
(@cruisin1500)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

His campaign keeps the money, but not all indiegogo campaigns keep the money. Mine for example refunds the money if the goal is not reached. I think a lot of people do not know this about Indiegogo.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Think it's a bit of a mistake to assume just because people have voted on Green light for a game, means they will buy it.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

I didn't know that at all about IndieGoGo, I thought all the fundings were kept by the creator. This is definitely nice to know and I hope is clearly stated on the page so people can read it. Because I haven't funded any projects through indiegogo because of this thought of author keeping if goal wasn't met.  And I agree with Pinback, that just because you have Steam interest doesn't mean paying customers. It means people wouldn't mind seeing more and when they do they might buy it. Kickstarter of Indiegogo is about actually purchasing a copy of a game so your more committed to its author, Steam Greenlight has zero commitment.

ReplyQuote
Cruisin1500
(@cruisin1500)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Greenlight is nice exposure... too bad it costs a 100 dollars just to submit the game...

ReplyQuote