Notifications
Clear all

Into The Stars

Page 2 / 2

MV2000
(@mv2000)
Warrant Officer Registered

Generally I have liked Iceberg produced games (starpoint gemini series) but I think you are right they tend to get them out the door and not let the devs fully flush out the small stuff first. This game could be a success if done right, that is why I didn't want to review it until it had more time. I don't play alpha games on steam if I can help it so why would I review one.

One thing that I have liked about Iceberg is that they give the Scifi indie devs a shot and release a lot of their games.

Basically the only games they didn't "sabotage" are Gas Guzzlers and Starpoint Gemini 2. Otherwise they seems more than excited to actively sabotage whatever titles they published, especially the ones that isn't a space game.

Personally I don't understand what's with their rather unusual obsession towards space strategy games either.

ReplyQuote
robske
(@robske)

Basically the only games they didn't "sabotage" are Gas Guzzlers and Starpoint Gemini 2. Otherwise they seems more than excited to actively sabotage whatever titles they published, especially the ones that isn't a space game.

Personally I don't understand what's with their rather unusual obsession towards space strategy games either.

I got the same impression about them as you have. About their obsession, not sure. Maybe those titles are easy to 'acquire'  due to the relatively low market share they have right now. Also, I'm not entirely sure if its sabotage. Well, locking out several other online retailers even though the exact opposite was promised (I'm looking at you stardrive!) is definately not an accident. But I do think some of the decisions are made either to push an earlier game release or that they misunderstand what the majority of the target audience wants.

I kickstarter funded this game too, but I'm actually deeply upset about them going to work together with Iceberg. Iceberg is on my publisher/dev blacklist. And the only other company on it right now for me is EA. So that tells enough I guess.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Another stream video from the devs.

Has anyone been playing this as I have not looked at it in ages and it's been getting a few updates through steam recently.

ReplyQuote
robske
(@robske)

No, but you know my general stance towards iceberg 😉

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Games on GOG now.

CGI rendered trailer. no gameplay featured.

Edit

Just realised why it's on GOG now as the game is now out of EA and has had a major patch update http://steamcommunity.com/games/360510/announcements/detail/652265472512325743

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2