Notifications
Clear all

I use crypto.com app personally on a daily basis and its great and takes the stress out of learning crypto and the crypto debit cards are great, ask me anything on this. I will probably make a thread discussing crypto soon. REFERRAL CODE = p5mu64hcq4

Solar System Colonization Game

Page 3 / 3

KimbB
(@kimbb)
Crewman Registered

Configuration:

Win7 Ultimate sp1 (64-bit!)

Intel i7-3770 CPU

system memory 32 GB

.NET 4.51

NVidia GTX 650 w/ 2GB VRAM

-> Drvier 320.18 and DirectX 11

ReplyQuote
KimbB
(@kimbb)
Crewman Registered

Updated video driver to 332.21

ReplyQuote
ercolesptr
(@ercolesptr)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Strange as I have similar configuration and it works fine on my computer with version V1.0b. What is happening exactly? What is the last thing you did when the error pops up? Also which version have you installed?

Have you assigned a crew to the Grazer as it requires a crew of 4, which in turn requires that you build habitats to increase the population?

The error you mentioned above is:

Error E1301: Can't open file

The given file was not found in the path or resource.

Did you perhaps save the game and in so doing changed the path of the game folder?

Also for the pause problem you mentioned earlier does it continue if you click the pause again? I know that the mouse cannot be moved during pause but the computer is still responsive to clicking.

ReplyQuote
KimbB
(@kimbb)
Crewman Registered

Problem solved; turns out games MUST be saved in same folder as game files. I copied the saved game to gamefile folder and PRESTO! No more grazer model load error! Thanx for inspiration!

Have not tried to pause game since last attempts so unable to answer last query.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Moderator

Just moved this thread and forgot to leave a link in the other forum.

ReplyQuote
ercolesptr
(@ercolesptr)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

The grazers themselves once filled with ore can be sent back to earth. The transport ships are there to transport ore between colonised planets.

There is a scenario maker which can be used to make your own story line.

ReplyQuote
ercolesptr
(@ercolesptr)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

To colonise a planet you must first research and build a probe. The probe must then be sent to the planet you want to colonise and deployed there. This will then send data which has to be researched in your labs on Earth. When the research is complete you will get info on what minerals the planet has and on what type of coloniser ship is needed to colonise it. There are 3 type of coloniser ships. One is resistant to pressure, one to heat and one is normal. Depending on the planet type you must build an appropriate colonizer ship and send it on the planet. Once done the planet is colonised. However you must then take some people from earth and place them on the new planet so that the population can start growing there. Make sure you build facilities like habitats on the new planet to increase population. Also you need to build bunkers and fighters to protect the population from calamities like meteorites or enemy attack.

ReplyQuote
ercolesptr
(@ercolesptr)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

For Venus you use Temperature resistant colonizer, for Jupiter you use Pressure resistant Colonizer and for Mars you use Normal Colonizer. These are just 3 examples.

If you can specify the exact procedure how the error occurs I can recreate it and so be able to fix it. But I need more details to figure out where the bug is. 

ReplyQuote
ercolesptr
(@ercolesptr)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Each planet has 100 slots for ships in the hanger. Whenever you build a ship it occupies the first available hanger slot. Now if for example you have 5 ships in slots 1,2,3,4 and 5 respectively and you launch the ship in slot 1 the ships in slot 2,3,4 and 5 are still there but since slot 1 is empty the move next button does not allow it to move forwards to slot 2. I know that this is a bug and will be fixed in the next update but in the meantime the workaround solution is to always launch the last slot ship first. If you have to launch the ship in slot 1 only, I suggest you launch the ship in slot 5 first then launch that in slot 1 and reland the 5th ship on the planet. This will make it go in slot 1 and you will have access to the ships in slots 2-3.

Sorry for the inconvenience this bug causes.

ReplyQuote
ChromeDNA
(@chromedna)
Crewman Registered

ercolesptr, thank you very much for unusual and non-ordinary strategy game in our solar system. Such genres are rare among traditional ones. This game is give us to see an interesting version of further humanity's life in the future. Great thanks for clear graphics and excellent code and rules realization for this gameplay!  (... i'll be in touch for further development if it will be)

ReplyQuote
Pisiu369
(@pisiu369)
Crewman Registered

I think this game has been given up on. But if it hasn't well i've got some bugs to report.

1. Sometimes ships (grazers,probes ETC) will not follow your orders because in order to reach a destination they have to fly through the sun (well atleast thats what i think is happening.

2. One of my games recently crashed when i saved in the first 5 seconds of the new game i just started when i launched a probe the game crashed.

3. Make it easier to navigate and clean-up the overlapping GUI.

ReplyQuote
StarUrchin
(@starurchin)
Crewman Registered

Is this still an active game? I installed, and everything went great until my first Colonizer. When I launch a Normal Colonizer, I get popup that colonizer.mdl could not be opened. The file is there. I installed to a second location and copied from there into the original install in case of corrupt file, but still no good. 

ReplyQuote
ercolesptr
(@ercolesptr)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Hi,

Did you use the setup installer? So far no one ever got that error, if you installed with the installer it should not give that error.

ReplyQuote
Pisiu369
(@pisiu369)
Crewman Registered

I'd like to thank you for being such a devoted developer, this game has been around for 5 years. Any chance new updates will come out?

ReplyQuote
ercolesptr
(@ercolesptr)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

As you said above this game has been out for some time now and even if many bugs have been fixed there are still plenty to do. The project has not been given up yet so yes updates will be done. In the last update a scenario maker was included so that users could write their own scenarios and publish them on the forum. That way the game would get more input (not just one person), unfortunately so far no one seems to have made use of it despite being very easy to use. This fact may have contributed to the slowing of the project as I thought the interest in the game was low, but recently many new users seem to be interested in the project and therefore I will try to get a newer update hopefully by August. In the meantime any users who would like to contribute some scenarios are welcome to do so.

ReplyQuote
Mamed6
(@mamed6)
Petty Officer Registered

If its the 22nd century I could see there may be robots but your thread title is TL 8 solar system. Did I miss something in your posts? All drones I could find in 1e and 2e are at least TL 9. There would be no robots per se unless you have some sort of pre-programmed dumbots. Reaction engines should be extremely cost ineffective for such massive colonization projects and structures you illustrate unless you are mining and refining very locally. You might have robotic freighters that fire their engines briefly then coast for years to a target like we do with our probes today. Is it 22nd century because it took that long to colonize? Im a little confused, are we talking TL 8?

ReplyQuote
ercolesptr
(@ercolesptr)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

You can create a scenario using the build scenario editor found in the installation. If you would like to make new models for the space ships, etc you can easily replace the ones in the game by changing the respective texture file.

ReplyQuote
Mamed6
(@mamed6)
Petty Officer Registered

Im looking ahead a little in my schedule and see that on week 8 were supposed to look at the solar system. Its in relation to working on the number 8 so I dont imagine its supposed to be an in depth study but ... I dont have any solar system reference material at home and my google search isnt turning up anything that seems to fit the bill.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a picture or book about the solar system thats 1 suitable for a 4 year old, 2 shows the relation of the planets from the sun, 3 actually shows the sun as more than a bright crescent at the edge of the page?

ReplyQuote
ercolesptr
(@ercolesptr)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Did you try to google "Solar System" under google image search. It turns up many good pictures of the solar system matching your requirements:

https://www.google.com.mt/search?q=solar+system&biw=1920&bih=988&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwjo_-Sc0rLPAhVJwBQKHTk4DOwQ_AUIBigB

ReplyQuote
Zavvnao
(@zavvnao)
Crewman Registered

Where is the download link, please? I am sorry if this is necroing, but I made an account just to know how to download this.

ReplyQuote
ercolesptr
(@ercolesptr)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Since an update is being planed for the nearby future, the old download was removed.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3