Notifications
Clear all

System Shock 3

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

I doubt this will be released this year, believe this is alpha footage.

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Some new pre-alpha footage

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Never played the games, although I do have the first one, only problem is it's the Mac version. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Nope, the forum is being funny again. It don't like links D1. So I will repost again.
You really ought to consider the second game Pinback and look out these Mods on ModDB: SHTUP and Rebirth, to get you started but there are others on there too. 😉

SS3 is looking great for an Alpha!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Probably will pick up the second game at some point and I will check out the mods, see what they do.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Looks like the studio making System Shock 3 was in serious financial trouble and Tencent came in and bought the company and the rights to the System Shock 3 & 4. So it looks like we may still get the game just not sure if Tencent will change the vision of the game, they usually do since they are one of China's largest companies.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/system-shock-3-tencent/

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

@sscadmin

Oh this is worrying. Such a shame as I was looking forward to this one. 😕 

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Here was a quote I saw:

We are happy to announce that Tencent will be taking the System Shock franchise forward. As a smaller Indie studio, it had been challenging for us to carry the project on our own. We believe Tencent’s deep capabilities and expertise as a leading game company will bring the franchise to new heights.

Now Tencent doesn't own the rights to System Shock ip they just have the permission to make the game, looks like Night Dive Studios owns the rights.

ReplyQuote