Clear all

The Mandate

shadmar
(@shadmar)
Warrant Officer Registered
Topic starter  

f6bcf5b77a8210e1895d0017f8935790_large.j

As the captain on board a Mandate starship,

you lead a crew through the galaxy who adapt and grow as they fight alongside you.

Kickstarter $500k : http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1964463742/the-mandate

Homepage : http://www.mandategame.com

Interactive preview : http://www.mandategame.com/mandateshipbuilder/shipbuilder.html

They ask for alot of money, but consept looks good.

Dalkeith
(@dalkeith)
Senior Chief Registered

I've backed these guys.

Its a difficult sell for eastern europeans. They are obviously talented but they are obviously heavily eastern european development team so they have to get everyone on side in another language.

I really hope they can pull it off.

I don't think Kickstarter have a Russian branch yet so they have to come to Americal.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

They are definitely putting a lot of gameplay into this game and features people are looking for, I think hitting the $500k mark might prove difficult.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

I really like the thing this game promises so I really hope they pull off this thing, but I agree it may be a bit hard to reach their target. Still, they have like 2 months for the campaign, so who knows. I for one hope they succeed. 

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

This is the one Shadmar posted about in the pulsar thread, it's a grand concept but that 500K target looks a long way off and they will have to do a lot of promotion of the game if they are to get any where near it.

I would also say that their pledges are bit on the expensive side although they will probably be adding more as the Kickstart continues.

Their should be a Europe Kickstart as a lot of the more inventive games have come from eastern Europe and the Russian fed in the last few years.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

They are not doing too bad as they have managed to get $110K so far and still have 45 days to go, think I will back this one myself but not right at the moment.

ReplyQuote
Straker
(@straker)
Senior Chief Registered

Watching with great interest. I think i will jump onboard when they hit the 60% funded mark.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Been looking at this new vid for the game that has been doing the round on the game sites and is just me or is this video of the space battle all done in Photoshop as it looks more like just concept art rather than game footage as the disclaimer at the start claims.

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

It seems like game footage to me mate. There were only a couple obvious concept art pics thrown in the trailer but the rest was 3d art. I think I tried their demo (or what it is called) last week and the ship editor seemed really good. I liked how I could change a lot of aspects about the ship's design.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Guess it me then, think I will back it at the end of the week when Pulsar finishes.

Just seen that it has also been Greenlit.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Looks legit to me as well, battle scenes look good as well. But looks like the orders and command type stuff was concept art.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

They not doing too bad at all over the 200K mark and still 28 days to go

ReplyQuote
SolCommand
(@solcommand)
Commander Registered

Had a closer look at their KS page and I'll admit some of their concept art is what I'd call "wow" 🙂 Some really cool concepts there 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

RPS has an interview with the Mandate crew http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/11/18/crew-control-the-mandate-interview/

Still sat on the sidelines with this one.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Over the 400K mark now with 9 days left, think they will hit their target.

ReplyQuote
shadmar
(@shadmar)
Warrant Officer Registered
Topic starter  

513k and goal reached with 4 days to go, I think I will chip in 🙂

Nice!

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

513k and goal reached with 4 days to go, I think I will chip in  🙂

Nice!

It's tempting!!! :)!!

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

I have not gone in this myself for some reason it has just not appealed to me.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

They have hit their target and are now 100K over and are into the last 40 hours of the Kickstarter.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

After doing some reading and watching the the videos it is looking a lot better. I am more attracted to the RPG feel and the interactions with the crew than anything else, but that piece is not shown really in depth. The KS is doing well at over $600k, if it gets to $700k it will have station boarding/battles. So there looks to be some room for growth. I didn't like the fact that mod support was a large stretch goal, in this sort of game it is watch is going to keep it alive after launch after people zip through the game. I hope it is finally put into the released version of the game at some point. I haven't decided whether or not to jump in yet, but I have 40hrs to decide 🙂

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Long time since any one said anything about the Mandate, seem to be doing regular updates for the game on their site and posting some videos of different aspects of the game, couple of which are below.

Have they gone to Alpha or Beta yet?.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Short dev vid from the Mandate.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Boarding video.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Some more video for the Mandate have popped up showing some game assets.

One of these game you tend to forget about anyone ever back it.?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

RPS says the game has been delayed until early 2017 https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/06/27/when-does-the-mandate-come-out/

And here's their E3 trailer which I guess means they are still doing something.

ReplyQuote