Notifications
Clear all

The Sentient

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

The Sentient, http://www.the-sentient.com/ described itself as an "is a challenging space exploration simulation game where everything in space is currently a mystery" Looks to be a bit of a cross between FTL, Cosmonautic with a 16 bit graphics style.

Should be hitting Steams early access tomorrow if all goes well  http://store.steampowered.com/app/411600/

Game features.

• Living Breathing Crew - Each crew members has needs that they must fulfill on a daily basis.  They must sleep, eat, relieve themselves etc.
  • Crew Member Experience - Crew members will level up their skills via continuous use.  
  • Permadeath - Losing a crew member in space is permanent. 
  • Macro and Micromanagement - Crew members can be given a daily schedule in which to work and operate on the ship, or you can step in.
  • Full Customization of Your Ship - Design the entire layout of your ship, from the weapon systems to where the toilet should be.  
  • Procedurally Generated Star System and Sectors - Each play through will have a very large created sector map with randomized events to make each game different.  
  • Explore - Participate in various dynamic ship and location events and make the decisions that you feel are best for your crew. 
  • Continuous Research - As with all technology once something is discovered it is not simply left alone, it is continuously improved.  In The Sentient you can do this as well.  All technology can be continuously improved like your weapon systems, hull and various abilities in order to truly conquer the stars.
  • Unique Alien Races - Each alien race has their own tactics and ships.  Learn what truly makes them tick in order to determine the best choices for the job.
  • Risk Versus Reward Exploration - The further out you go in space in a continuous run the more research you will be able to obtain.  If your ship is lost all research from that sector will be lost as well.
  • Play The Way You Want - If you never want to learn alien communications, and only focus on weapon systems the choice is truly yours.

ExpandingMan
(@expandingman)
Warrant Officer Registered

Don't know much about it, but sure looks nice to me.

Though I was aware of this, somehow I missed that it was EA until I saw your post.  Although my experience with EA has mostly been very positive because I take the time to research games before I purchase them, I sure do miss the days when games just got released.  (My EA experiences have included Nuclear Throne, Space Engineers, Grim Dawn and Caves of Qud, which is one hell of a list, so I probably shouldn't complain.)

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator
Topic starter  

Just bought it and has quick play around with the tutorial but could not find a way to save the game, might not have one at the moment but it seems to be in the mould of FTL type of game but with some more crew management and ship building.

I don't mind buying into EA games and I much prefer it too the season pass which seems to be the current big idea in the pro games industry at the moment.

ReplyQuote
McAule
(@mcaule)
Master Chief Registered

Reminds me of Interstellaria 🙂

ReplyQuote