Notifications
Clear all

Battleships Forever

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Found t his game called Battleships Forever ( http://www.wyrdysm.com/games.php ) which is a free RTS based on small fleet battles. In BF you will get allotted so many ship points, you use these to purchase your fleet. Destroyers are worth 2, Battleships (3) and Patrol Ships (1). Each ship has different weapons and defensive weapons used in your battles.

You can give orders on the fly to attack various enemy ships or systems on the ships. Very easy to control and figure out this game and the action is pretty fast paced. I know you don't always want to rush in guns blazing but to use some of your ships defense capabilities to protect your ships. So pay attention on how to best use your ships so you cane make it through the battles and complete the missions.

Battleships Forever also comes with a Ship Maker and there is a global high score list as well. So download it and have fun.... if you make your own ships let us know about them.

Here is some screenshots of my gameplay:

bf78formation.jpg

BFscreen079.gif

skullex
(@skullex)
Crewman Registered

the latest version eats your cpu, its being headed by pure gamers who are sloppy with code efficiency

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

I thought you can only mod the game, I didn't think they released source for this for people to mess it up?

ReplyQuote
Cyrusblack
(@cyrusblack)
Petty Officer Registered

i loved this game. i really wanted to see about creating a higher quality version of the game, its level of moddable detail is just amazing. i really wonder how this level of detail would work in a normal 4x rts level game? do you think its possible? or would it be too CPU heavy?

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Nice flash style game to try that is similar is http://www.captainforever.com/captainforever.php

ReplyQuote
Cyrusblack
(@cyrusblack)
Petty Officer Registered

dude... so, the more obsessive types, can makes some pretty cool stuff here. GloriousHeritage.png

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Topic starter  

Wow, that is really amazing. Wasn't the community working on a separate or newer version of Battleships Forever?

ReplyQuote
Cyrusblack
(@cyrusblack)
Petty Officer Registered

DarkOne wrote:
Wow, that is really amazing. Wasn't the community working on a separate or newer version of Battleships Forever?

yeah. ps, the guy copied the Andromeda , that old sifi shows ship of the same name. thats not the only one. there are several dozen blow your brains out awesome designs from battleships forever.

and yeah i think your right. the code is open source and easy enough to use and modify, you can even modify and compreletely replace graphics, sound and general code with your own designs. i was actually thinking about seeing how it all worked so i could get an idea how to do something similar for my game project (im still working out the designers before i continue along, its becomeing quite heavy, and i want it to be accessable to people, pruning might be required)

ReplyQuote