Notifications
Clear all

ExploraVerse

luax
 luax
(@luax)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hey everyone! My name is Yann, I'm an Indie Game Developer, and I'm creating my own game. Here is the presentation 🙂

Introducing ExploraVerse: A Multiplayer Collaboration Survival Game in Space!

Greetings space enthusiasts and fellow gamers!

I'm excited to introduce my project, ExploraVerse, a groundbreaking multiplayer collaboration survival game set in space. The best part? This game is entirely FREE TO PLAY!

Gameplay Overview:

• Duration: Each game session lasts anywhere from a few days to a month.
  • Players: You will be teaming up with 30 other passengers on this journey of survival.

The Story:

You find yourself among 30 passengers aboard a spaceship that has just crash-landed onto a meteor for unknown reasons. Lucky for you and your fellow passengers, you all survived the crash. But soon enough, you discover that the meteor is infested with deadly aliens who relentlessly attack the spaceship every night.

The objective of the game is to collaborate with the other passengers to enhance the spaceship's defence systems and fend off the alien attacks, surviving as long as possible. Along the way, you'll uncover the mysterious reasons behind the ship's crash and get to know your shipmates' incredible stories.

Features:

• Free to play: The game is absolutely free to play, offering an immersive experience without breaking your bank.
  • Collaborative gameplay: Cooperate with other passengers to improve your spaceship's defences and adapt to the challenges each night presents.
  • In-depth relationships: Build relationships with fellow passengers to reveal unique abilities, strengths, and backstories that can help the group survive.
  • Unique challenges: Unpredictable alien encounters will keep you on the edge of your seat as you strategize to overcome each attack.
  • Long-lasting gaming sessions: With game sessions lasting from a few days up to a month, you'll experience a captivating adventure that will test your survival skills.

I Need Your Feedback!

Development on ExploraVerse is well underway, but I'm always looking for input to help improve the game. Don't hesitate to share your thoughts and ideas with me. Your valuable insights will help us create the most captivating and challenging space survival experience possible!

We look forward to hearing from you and hope you're as excited as we are about this gaming journey! Discover how long you can survive the alien onslaught together with your fellow passengers!

Please join the game at the following link: https://exploraverse.com

Stay tuned for more updates and news about the development of ExploraVerse.

This topic was modified 12 months ago 2 times by luax

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Welcome Luax, I give this game a quick try. How often does your AP refresh? And btw your art in the game is nice did you make all that yourself? The interface seems easy to grasp and like the concept of working with other players to get accomplish the tasks. Any plans to create a map feature as you explore outside the ship?

ReplyQuote
luax
 luax
(@luax)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hi DarkOne, thank you! 🙂

You can regenerate your Actions Points by drinking water or eating directly by clicking on one of the items in your personal inventory (in the top bar). That means that you can take some food with you when you explore the map to avoid being blocked outside.

I'm planning to add a minimap to help passengers to orient themselves outside and a forum to discuss with the spaceship in case you are blocked.

I will also add some tooltips when you hover some element in the game to give you more explanation and helps.

Concerning the development, yes, I'm technically developing the game myself and using AI-generated content for the images and texts for the prototype. My partner helps me on the business side and in the future we plan to have an artist onboard to make a shiny version of the game.

It's currently a prototype, I have a lot of ideas in mind to make it more immersive. The game will be full screen with the spaceship or the map taking off the place in 2D isometric and the UI all around. I'm working to add some ambient sounds to give the impression you are inside a spaceship or on the lonely meteor outside.

Thank you again for your feedback, I really appreciate!

ReplyQuote
luax
 luax
(@luax)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hey everyone!

Since my last message, I have added new features in the game!

Here are some of them:

• Attacks are now ongoing. At midnight (UTC-4) the game is attacked by aliens. Don't forget to lock the door before the attack; otherwise it will be disastrous! If you're lucky, maybe you will have a chance to play for a new day.
  • The journal logs are now grouped by days. You become a detective and find out who is trying to sabotage the spaceship.
  • The journal logs are also available per map and per day, to see who was there and what items have been founds.
  • New items are available, try to get them by exploring the surrounding of the spaceship.
  • These new resources will be used for the few new constructions in the workshop. Mostly to improve the water system. Go participate on some of them!
  • Don't get lost outside by using the new minimap to get oriented. It also displays the other passenger positions. Maybe some of them are out of water and can't get back to the spaceship. Go drop them some water.

Any feedback is appreciated! See you on the other side!

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Nice updates @luax

Logged into the game really quick and joined another crew. Went outside and when I found a part I tried to go back in and it kept giving me a 'Object' error and when the timer expired under do back into the ship button my view then errored. Tried to refresh the view and only get '[object Object]' in the window where the game should be 🙂

Not sure if it matters but I am using Brave Browser, I will try another browser maybe tomorrow.

Oh and if you ever need like a forum space for overall game discussion I can always offer up some forum space here too. I have done this for several projects in the past.

This post was modified 12 months ago by DarkOne

ReplyQuote
luax
 luax
(@luax)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hi @DarkOne,

Thank you! 

I was doing an update an hour ago, so I think you played at the same time, that was causing errors in the game. Please give it a new try and let me know if the issue persists.

In the future, I will put a maintenance mode on the game if I'm doing the same kind of update to avoid any confusion.

Otherwise, the forum is on my Roadmap indeed, so far, I'm planning a simple one directly integrated into the game, so passengers can talk to each other without leaving the game. But I'm open to any suggestions. 🙂

ReplyQuote
luax
 luax
(@luax)
Crewman Registered
Topic starter  

Hey everyone!

I'm excited to share some updates I have made to the game. I have been working to make the experience better and even more enjoyable based on the feedback I received. Here's a quick rundown of the new features you can expect:

• Forums: I have introduced forums, so passengers can talk to each other, organize spaceship survival plans, and ask for help in case you're stranded outside the ship.

• Map Chat: Communication is key when it comes to teamwork, so we've added chat on each map to help you organize the expedition outside.

• Workshop: A brand-new workshop has been added, letting you transform objects using action points. These new features play a role in construction sites to get the required resources.

• Ambient Sounds: To enhance your immersive experience, I have added ambient sounds both inside and outside the spaceship, so you'll feel even more emerged in the game.

• Continuous Improvements: Along with these features, I have made tons of fixes and gameplay enhancements, including mobile compatibility updates, for you to enjoy ExploraVerse on-the-go!

All changes are now listed on the game forum in the dedicated "Changelog" thread.

As always, I appreciate every one of you who is part of the game. Keep exploring, and please share any thoughts and feedback! 🚀

Happy surviving, and see you in the game!

ReplyQuote