Notifications
Clear all

Homeplanet gold translation (grammar checkers)?

starlord
(@starlord)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Hi there space sim fans. I may have something up my sleve which will appeal to you:

Recently a big milestone has been reached as far as space sim gaming is concerned: I have assembled a team of russian space sim amateurs who agreed with me on creating a patch to subtitle a very interesting space sim, who unfortunately, never came to us:

Say hello to the russian only homeplanet gold:

http://www.gfi.su/index1.php?langid=2&i ... &men_id=11

Unfortunately, while the game was scheduled for an english release (a subtitled demo exists), corporate troubles started to compromise those plans, and thus, homeplanet gold never left russia. However, thanks to several members of the B5: IFH project (that project is built on the HP G engine), I was given access to several WIP english scripts and resource extractors...

the goal here would be to create a patch for the game allowing it to be entirely subtitled in english, thus allowing it's plot to be fully understood by us and allowing it to be recognised in our contries.

those russian partners of mine agreed to partake on the project (many thanks to them), however, their english is slightly approximative.

therefore, I would need on this board persons who would agree to grammar check and reshape the drafts I will recieve from them into home quality english (be advised that you'll be looking at game elements very closely, which means there will be a risk of spoiling the fun)... So if someone feels ready for the task...

This would be the occasion to welcome yet another one of these in our midst.

advice awaited.

regards.

starlord.

DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin

Is there some sort of repository we can use to check out files and help with the conversion or editing of the translations Starlord?

ReplyQuote
starlord
(@starlord)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Well actually, I have contacts with one of the creators of the game (residing in the b5: IFH team as the game uses the same engine) and that person gave me the maximum amount of WIP english scripts and resource extractors for the eventual creation of a patch.

As to homeplanet gold itself, I'm quite afraid that aside from torrents, there's simply no reasonable way of bringing a copy here (However, hopefully in the future, that might change. But before that, I need that english subtitle patch for it).

I'm in contact with a russian team of translators, but contact is sometimes a bit chaotic, due to language differences.

ReplyQuote
maddogg
(@maddogg)
Crewman Registered

I wish I could help with the translation but I don't speak Russian. I am looking for a copy of the game but can't find it anywhere. I tried the torrent sites and google but can't come up with anything. Any ideas?

ReplyQuote
Gargantou
(@gargantou)
Petty Officer Registered

Any news to report at all?

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Haven't seen Starlord in a while, he is pretty good about answering PM's you might want to drop him a line and see if there has been any progression in this?

ReplyQuote
Gargantou
(@gargantou)
Petty Officer Registered

Yeah did that on the 1C forum, said I'd gladly help him/his team with proof-reading the translation to find grammar/spelling errors etc.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

So is the translation project still a work in progress or has it stalled?

ReplyQuote
Gargantou
(@gargantou)
Petty Officer Registered

Darkone wrote:
So is the translation project still a work in progress or has it stalled?

Haven't been able to get a hold of him sadly, hopefully it hasn't stalled, after the disastrous release of their new game in English language(The one recently released by 1C, have already forgotten its name it was just that buggy) I doubt there's any chance of them releasing a new game in English.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)

Must be talking about the famous 'The Tomorrow War' 🙂

I know there is plenty of people out there that would be willing to help translation efforts and do voice overs for free for companies by just putting their names in the credits. Companies need to reach out more to their communities. Hey we like good games to and want to support you.

ReplyQuote
starlord
(@starlord)
Master Chief Registered
Topic starter  

Well be happy then, as 1C staff is probably eying parts of your forum right now!

Regarding homeplanet, things are still under way and very much alive, however, I have more depressing news regarding 1C:

I hope a few russian/english translators around here are having quite an amount of free time around here, cause we definately might need their services... 😆

ReplyQuote