Notifications
Clear all

Indie space game I've been working on

darksmaster923
(@darksmaster923)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Hey all,

I've been working on programming a small space game for the past few months. It's a game where you captain a warship, and fight other enemy warships. The movement is kind of based off Starshatter's movement system for their capital ships. I meant for it to be a really big space trading game/strategy game, where you play it first like a space trading sim, trading goods from space stations and taking missions until you have enough capital to buy fleets and capture planets and stuff, but for now its just a really basic game with one mission. It's really just a beta of a demo, but hopefully you guys can enjoy some of it.

Here's a screenshot

k8ziD.png

Also, my print screen isn't really working correctly, and that was the only screenshot I could get. If anyone else could take screenshots of the actual game and upload them, that would be fantastic.

To play, just extract everything in the rar into another folder

Also, if the game does not work for you, try deleting the video.ini inside of the config folder.

Download

https://www.binfire.com/download/9b3ff0a8985a4446a78b4669ba0c9fa9/

Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Nice one Darksmaster I not been able to download it yet as I have been having problems downloading. Will have another go at it later on.

ReplyQuote
darksmaster923
(@darksmaster923)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Is it a problem with the website?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

'darksmaster923' wrote:

Is it a problem with the website?

No I think it my end that having the problem, I had a devil of a time downloading Dangerous the other day.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Got it downloaded but all I get when running it is the menu screen and the music playing, then it crashes.

ReplyQuote
darksmaster923
(@darksmaster923)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Did you try deleting the video.ini?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Yes I deleted the video.ini file.

ReplyQuote
darksmaster923
(@darksmaster923)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Thats strange, are you running Windows?

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

'darksmaster923' wrote:

Thats strange, are you running Windows?

Windows 7 and XP did notice the video file keeps reappearing even if it's deleted.

ReplyQuote
darksmaster923
(@darksmaster923)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

Its supposed to, it recreates the file on settings that should be compatible with most computers. Unless your monitor resolution is less than 1024x768, I don't really know why there are problems. Most of the other people I've sent this file to have it running.

Here is a different version, try it out to see if it works

https://www.binfire.com/download/ab6780fd3e0b4ee09e4ed79951896cc1/

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

That done the trick, the game is now working but the new problem is that it's only running at about 1frame per second. I will have a fiddle around with the resolution as Iam using a wide screen monitor and see if that make any differance, also I have not tried this version out on the Windows 7 computer yet.

What specs would you recomemded for it.

ReplyQuote
darksmaster923
(@darksmaster923)
Petty Officer Registered
Topic starter  

I would recommend a 2.0 GhZ Processor and at least a GeForce 9500gt with 1 gig of RAM. Unfortunately the options screen isn't very well developed yet since I'm only on person, but I'll release a stripped version with all shaders and particle systems disabled.

ReplyQuote