Notifications
Clear all

old amigas colonial conquest II

Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

Colonial Conquest II

i know, no real "space sim", but a nice roundbased space strategy game in "colonization" style for 1 or 2 players on the same machine (amiga typical social gaming 😀 )

features:

1or 2 player mode

2 players "death match" or point based end

aggressive ai alien race in 1pl mode (suicide)

randomize function to setup each time you start a new "universe"

configurable random incidents

comprehensive ingame help

typical amiga soundtrack

a highscore table (delete old if you want to have a new one)

savegame function

even if it has simple grfx, to me it's one of the "deepest" non commercial amiga games

try, you will like it.

the download contains a winua compatible hdf file (rigid disk image) of 4MB size to start and play quick, a external planet editor and a 2nd planet list created by me (allready installed).

just set winuae to a a2000 setting and add the hdf in the harddisk tab, boots from hd.

for winuae related questions just ask, but i can't offer you the kick roms (try a deep search in the web), because they are still under copyright (in fact rom content is still owned) by commodore (me thinks?). or make a image of them by yourself if you own a amiga (you would have done it allready).

have fun

Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Hi Potsmoke

Thanks for that, I never tried that one before. As I am here could you offer me some advice?

I have a load of great Amiga titles that I collected over the years and although I still use many of them on my Amigas, It gives me concern that one day my disks will be unreadable and so these wonderful games will be lost to me forever. My little niece for example, loves to play Deluxe Galaga, but one day I know either my Amiga will breakdown or the disks will be corrupted. Were possible I search the net looking for RP9 images that Amiga Forever uses, but there are just so many available.

So, how do I convert these disks into RP9 images or even other image formats to RP9? I know I need a null modem cable to link the Amiga with the PC. Is it hard to make one? I have a load of old Amiga and PC cables with different connectors. I am still trying to figure out how to use hard disk files too for such games as Dungeon Master 2, which only originally worked from the Amiga's HD

Also what software would I need to make the images? Its likely I already have it someplace as I have the full version of Amiga Forever, maybe it's on that someplace. Any advice would be welcome. I certainly know my way around an Amiga, but admittedly, when it comes to emulation on a PC, I still have a lot to learn. 😳

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Never heard of the RP9 IMAGE I thought all Amiga images were in ADF,anyhow if you looking for an ADF one

I would suggest Easy ADF.Think you can also find it on Ebay as well.

http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/cat ... cts_id=440

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

geraldine,m only 15 mins left

so only short comment, you want to use hd from pc via nullmodem cable? never tried, but ithink might work (needs a special device driver i think).

should i port the game to a different format? i used winuae's hdf (adf) format because winuae is widely used and easy to setup, further you will have some extra space on the hd image and don't have to worry about the wb or games size (no extra save game disk) on the disk.

don't laugh, i ported my amiga games via disk (what a work) to my pc, because amiga "understands" various file systems (unlike a pc, you know). 😆 but i lost the complete drive with no backup (what a shame). 😳

for some i made the adf file on the amiga to fit the game to a dd disk (split/join file on amiga is a easy thing, you didn't find that command in no ms-dos).

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Thanks for the advice guys! 🙂 What I think I will do is create an Amiga Partition with my PC's hard drive and get Win UAE to use that. I can copy HD images onto that easy enough. Stupid me also just found out that Amiga Forever can convert ADF files to RP9! 😳 That will teach me to read the manuals! Mind you, I also found this website http://www.vesalia.de/e_68060.htm?slc=uk with a brand new 68060 for sale. If I got that and figured out how to replace the dead one on my Cyberstorm board, without wreaking it, I could have my Miggy 4000 back in business! 😎

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Geraldine are you quite sure that it is the CPU which is stopping the board from working and have you tried a post on the English amiga board about it.

http://eab.abime.net/

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

It's most certainly the CPU as a bit of plastic tape fell on to it and fried itself on the surface. This created a hotspot and so knackered it 😥 My biggest problem now is being able to solder a new one onto the board without destroying it. Does anyone know were I could send it to have this done by someone who knows what they are doing?

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

why i use such tiny virt. rd's

simply to set up a nice config file in winuae for each game (checkmark no ui in winuae, ".UAE" default app. winuae of course), then assign a shortcut to the config file in my programs/Amiga Games folder, with a nice little icon. click and play, like any installed game 😀

azoolz.jpgashepherd.jpgafrontier.jpgacolconq.jpgaalfred.jpga1889.jpg

i simply love the term rigid disk, didn't sounds so hard 😆

hard codet = a papertape 😆

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

i will add a plain adf of the orig. disk to the zip if possible

meanwhile a short review, strategy guide

the main goal is to colonize, so grow as fast as you can, main task is food but technology is also very important to gain from the start. use exploration ships as soon as you can, launch 4 to explore the space efficient and to keep overview. colonize early as many as you can, i suggest a first wave of 3-4 planets. use spy satellites in single player mode on all planets to keep you informed about the ongoing alien activity, two players only useful in a "covered" game. use planet scanner (wrong term) to scan surrounding space for ship activities. grow, grow, grow, foremost technology, stargates helps speed up transports/maneuvres. in this version the planet destroyer (yes, you can destroy a whole planet by pushing of a button!) self destructs on each shot, i think that's only fair.

use rmb to go through the duty list, and exit planets screen. if you have a lot of planets check each one from time to time, you will forget some else (not on duty list, like, col.ship arrived that's hard maybe i forgot for 10 or 20 rds? who knows), if you have only 4 check each every round anyway. save the game preferably at the end of a round (after you did all settings), because the duty list didn't get saved but in this way it will be generated for the next round, after you load it.

ReplyQuote
TDG
 TDG
(@tdg)
Petty Officer Registered

Ugh, I was looking for this on the internet after reading about it here, but failed to see it was already offered here for download.

ReplyQuote
Potsmoke66
(@potsmoke66)
Captain Registered
Topic starter  

is it already x-mas? no?

ok, let's wait 😆

ReplyQuote