Notifications
Clear all

Oolite v1.73.4 Released

Page 2 / 2

GUNSMIF
(@gunsmif)
Senior Chief Registered

using the (as i call.. modification options) i.e cheat hack wont spoil your game, it didnt in elite2 you got an auto pilot as standard when you started! go on you know you want to!! it will open the game up to you instead of having `brown trousers` time when you have to dock. and let you carry on enjoying the greatness that is Oolite! 😀

im not showing off but i can land perfectly well with out now just start a new game when its loaded and practice a while. just start from the bouy/boy/boughy 😳 approach slowly making minor adjustments to your height and angle using up and down arrows and yaw( )start rotating at same speed as the docking bay just before the station fills the screen. if you get in a confrontation and your docking computer gets greased you could be in trouble if you cant dock manually!! so dont become dependent on it! 😉

ReplyQuote
GUNSMIF
(@gunsmif)
Senior Chief Registered

there again you could always pause before docking, save and re add the docking computer again and reload and continue but that would be cheating. 🙄 😆

ReplyQuote
JazHaz
(@jazhaz)
Petty Officer Registered

Geraldine wrote:
PINBACK wrote:
Is just me or is docking harder in Oolite than Elite?. ❓

No worries Pinback, and yes I think it is harder to dock, its either the increased frame-rate over the original games or in my case pilot ineptitude! 😆

Probably the latter Geraldine! 😈

Suggest you watch the video on Youtube showing you how to dock:

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

😆 Isn't that the truth JazHaz! 😆

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)
99 Star General Site Moderator

Cheers Jazhaz,looking at the vid,I think I have being doing it the fast way, 😆 mabe I should try the slow way

it might stop me from crashing into the dock regularly.

Just looking at the vid,maybe it time they did somthing about the speed lines,as they look a bit

out place with the rest of the game now.

ReplyQuote
pagroove
(@pagroove)
Master Chief Registered

I made a new vid. This time showing some new features of version 1.74. This vid shows the BGS (Background Sets) OXP which will provide not only pretty backgrounds in each of the station screens but also a new sound engine with should provide the commander with engine sounds and some nice new FX. On top of that this vid shows game-play of Oolite, the Famous Planets 2.0.oxp and ships from Griff and Deepspace.

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

Hi Pagroove

Looks great, but I have a question. That panel in the video, does it come with the mod and if not which one is it? I thought it looks really nice. 😉

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Been a while since I loaded up Oolite, like all the sound effects at dock depending where you were at and the voices while in flight were great! I believe that dashboard is a mod.

ReplyQuote
DarkOne
(@sscadmin)
Supreme Dark Emperor Admin
Topic starter  

Heck no think that's an Amiga 500, man I loved mine but its in the graveyard now 🙁

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

No Aces High, Darkone is correct it is indeed a rendition of my beloved "Miggy" 500+ and I still use it when I need a Cannon Fodder or Carrier Command fix. I fitted a ROM switcher to it too so that it will run Workbench 1.3 & 2.04 and it has a "mighty" 1.5 megs of ram! 😮 😉

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

pagroove wrote:

I made a new vid. This time showing some new features of version 1.74. This vid shows the BGS (Background Sets) OXP which will provide not only pretty backgrounds in each of the station screens but also a new sound engine with should provide the commander with engine sounds and some nice new FX. On top of that this vid shows game-play of Oolite, the Famous Planets 2.0.oxp and ships from Griff and Deepspace.

Like the new background and sound set Pagroove,is this still a WIP or has it been released. ❓

ReplyQuote
pagroove
(@pagroove)
Master Chief Registered

Geraldine wrote:
Hi Pagroove

Looks great, but I have a question. That panel in the video, does it come with the mod and if not which one is it? I thought it looks really nice. 😉

This is my carbon Hud (search for it on the Oolite Boards) it's in the topic Hud shop

ReplyQuote
pagroove
(@pagroove)
Master Chief Registered

PINBACK wrote:
pagroove wrote:

Like the new background and sound set Pagroove,is this still a WIP or has it been released. ❓

It's a Work In Progress by Svengali.

Also see (mid page)

http://aegidian.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=4494&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1770

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

pagroove wrote:
Geraldine wrote:
Hi Pagroove

This is my carbon Hud (search for it on the Oolite Boards) it's in the topic Hud shop

Thanks Pagroove, I will get that right away! 🙂

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

Quote:
Heck no think that's an Amiga 500, man I loved mine but its in the graveyard now

I still have mine. (Also an A1200, and a CD32).

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

CaptainKal wrote:
I still have mine. (Also an A1200, and a CD32).

Good for you CaptainKal, keep those great old machines running! 😉

Must get a new Phase 5 PPC/060 board for my 4000, but where? 😥

ReplyQuote
CaptainKal
(@captainkal)
Commander Registered

Quote:

ebay is your friend. (Although it will be expensive).

ReplyQuote
Geraldine
(@geraldine)
Rear Admiral Registered

CaptainKal wrote:
ebay is your friend. (Although it will be expensive).

True enough, but as well as expensive, after all this time, it will probably knackered too. So hard to find unused (or at least very good condition) Miggy stuff these days.

ReplyQuote
Pinback
(@pinback)

Geraldine wrote:

Don't think they have anything in for the 4000 but might be worth keeping an eye on the Amigakit site.

http://www.amigakit.co.uk/

Thats some great backrounds,looking forward to seeing that OXP,also the underwater one

sound intresting. 😎

ReplyQuote
JazHaz
(@jazhaz)
Petty Officer Registered

At last the main Oolite website has had a redesign!

See http://www.oolite.org/

It features a cool starmap navigation system, new galleries and links to YouTube videos.

Lots of OXPs are still being released, including the Deepspace Ships set, new Behemoths and Bulk Haulers (including FE2/FFE ships such as the Long Range Cruiser), and utilities like the Random Docking Music OXP which gives Windows & Linux users similar functionality that Mac users have enjoyed for a while. Griff has been busy producing more of his superb Normalmapped ships, see the wiki page for a new gallery (which I made!): Griff Industries page on the Elite Wiki.

ReplyQuote
Stardreamer
(@stardreamer)
Warrant Officer Registered

Has anyone done anything about the control scheme yet? Offered an alternative? I find the ancient rotate-and-pitch method of flying really constrictive.

That said I love the work that's gone into improving the game - Oolite feels like it's come on leaps and bounds in the last year or two. Those normal-mapped ships are just glorious to behold, especially the viper!

What I'd love to see, however, is a ready-made, fully-modded version of Oolite, with all the best mods included for convenience's sake, like the FFED3D pack hosted on this site. I understand that customising the game to suit your own tastes is seen by many as an advantage but for others it can also be really tiresome having to download and test everything.

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

Stardreamer wrote:
Has anyone done anything about the control scheme yet? Offered an alternative? I find the ancient rotate-and-pitch method of flying really constrictive.

I've only just started getting into Oolite for that exact reason. What I did was re-map the yaw controls for my Cobra Mk III so I got a left/right up/down control method, which I'm much more comfortable with.

By editing the keyconfig.plist file I was able to set up the keyboard exactly how I want it 🙂

ReplyQuote
JazHaz
(@jazhaz)
Petty Officer Registered

Stardreamer wrote:

As has been mentioned, you can edit the keyconfig.plist file to reset the keys. I myself have gone for the classic Elite controls. There are also options for joysticks.

Stardreamer wrote:

That said I love the work that's gone into improving the game - Oolite feels like it's come on leaps and bounds in the last year or two. Those normal-mapped ships are just glorious to behold, especially the viper!

You should check out the new Griff Moray. It has a camouflage effect with changing colours!

Stardreamer wrote:

What I'd love to see, however, is a ready-made, fully-modded version of Oolite, with all the best mods included for convenience's sake, like the FFED3D pack hosted on this site. I understand that customising the game to suit your own tastes is seen by many as an advantage but for others it can also be really tiresome having to download and test everything.

This is something that is being worked on, in a branch of the game called Oolite Extended. Alternatively we are thinking about setting up OXP download packs, but the problem is that everyone has their own ideas of what OXPs should be included.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2